Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For "Grandpa Cotton"

Go down 
+5
Rob
Carol
Amy
Lori
Savannah
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
For "Grandpa Cotton" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : For "Grandpa Cotton" Happy010

For "Grandpa Cotton" Empty
PostSubject: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:29 am

My friend's grandpa went missing late yesterday. His wife had to be taken to the hospital, and he was so upset, he didn't wait for someone in the family to come over and take him to be with her. (I don't know why he wasn't able to ride along in the ambulance with his wife.) He has memory issues, and apparently got lost on the way to the hospital. He hasn't been found yet. So if you could say a prayer that Grandpa Cotton would be found safe and sound, I'd appreciate it! I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything more. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:52 am

I'll pray for him.

For "Grandpa Cotton" Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : For "Grandpa Cotton" Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:59 am

Oh, how awful!! I hope they find him soon!! He must be so distraught. No Please keep us posted Savannah....I'll be praying.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:23 am

Woo-hoo!! Praise the Lord, Grandpa Cotton was found safe and sound down by Detroit! Thanks for your prayers, Lori and Amy!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:31 am

Oh, what a relief! Thumbsup

For "Grandpa Cotton" Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : For "Grandpa Cotton" Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Wow! Does he live in the Detroit area, or did he just somehow end up down there?
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:45 pm

He lives here in my town. But he got turned around and lost, and somehow ended up way over by Detroit!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Yikes! I hope his wife is okay.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Thanks, Rob. For "Grandpa Cotton" 410460 She has cancer, and complications from that led to her being taken to the hospital. For "Grandpa Cotton" 488555 . . . I don't quite understand what happened, though, as to why Grandpa Cotton didn't/couldn't ride along in the ambulance. Maybe he thought it would be best to drive separately, or maybe there wasn't room. . . I don't know. At any rate, I'm glad that he's safe.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:46 pm

I am very relieved to hear he was found safe and sound.

For "Grandpa Cotton" PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:26 pm

Thank you Pam and Carol. I found out that he actually thought that he was here in town. He went into a McDonald's this morning to get breakfast and accidentally locked his keys in his car, and that led to him being found. For "Grandpa Cotton" 70708
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 8:03 am

That's great news!

For "Grandpa Cotton" Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:07 am

Savannah wrote:
Thank you Pam and Carol. I found out that he actually thought that he was here in town. He went into a McDonald's this morning to get breakfast and accidentally locked his keys in his car, and that led to him being found. For "Grandpa Cotton" 70708
'

Wow, thank God he did that! I am so glad he has been found safe and sound. That is very VERY scary. I am so confused too as to why they coudln't have let him ride with his wife in the ambulance....they should have known an elderly man would be terribly distraught, and how did they know he had all his faculties about him??? scratchead Sounds like a bad judgement call. I can't believe he ended up in Detroit!! OhMy

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 am

Glad all has turned up well. Funny thing is IF he is upset about any of this he may not remember it anyway. That I guess is the up side to having memory issues. I worked with alot of residents in the nursing home I worked at years ago that couldn't remember a thing. I have to say alot of the time they approached things with a upbeat attitude because they were unaware of issues going on in the news etc.

ITs time his family makes some safety precautions now so this won't be such a scare in the future.

For some reason the name Grandpa Cotton has me seeing him in overalls. LOL

For "Grandpa Cotton" Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:38 am

Amy wrote:
coudln't

For "Grandpa Cotton" S_e20582670076b76bc7c9f6836e1ef914

For "Grandpa Cotton" 205803
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:20 am

WHEWW.....wasn't me this time.

oh, wow....I think Barney let more than that gun go off.....got a match???

For "Grandpa Cotton" Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:00 pm

I'm so happy that Grandpa Cotton was found and he's alright, Savannah. What will happen to him if his wife passes? Does he have someone to stay with?

Gin wrote:
oh, wow....I think Barney let more than that gun go off.....got a
match???
For "Grandpa Cotton" 85958

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : For "Grandpa Cotton" Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:52 am

I'm glad everything worked out.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For "Grandpa Cotton"   For "Grandpa Cotton" Empty

Back to top Go down

For "Grandpa Cotton"
Page 1 of 1