Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

friendship troubles; need some advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865
Mood : friendship troubles; need some advice Bokmal10

friendship troubles; need some advice Empty
PostSubject: friendship troubles; need some advice   friendship troubles; need some advice EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:11 pm

I'm having trouble with a couple of people at school, one who is a good friend, and one who I thought was a good friend, but I don't think is anymore. I've known Tori since 5th grade, and she used to be my best friend, we'd hang out all the time, and could tell each other anything. I've known Christine since 7th grade, and we were never really close, but she's the type of person who will listen when I need to talk, and is generally just a sweet person, pretty nice to everyone. I don't talk to Tori much anymore now, and lately she's been hanging out with a bad crowd of kids at school. The past few days, she's also been saying really nasty stuff to Christine, both behind her back and to her face. Tori's upsetting a lot of people, and she's made me really angry. I just can't understand why she'd act this way, especially to Christine. I'm not sure of what to do about the situation, I don't want to cause trouble for myself or for others.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : friendship troubles; need some advice Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: friendship troubles; need some advice   friendship troubles; need some advice EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Oh, you're in a tight spot Krisitina, one I've been in before. Back in the day of course. batEyes Unfortunately, as 'tight' as you may be with your long-time friends, it's possible for them to succumb to the peer pressure. I had a friendship like that too, one that dated back to elementary, and then fizzled in high school because of her newfound 'wrong' group of friends which made her turn against her true lifelong friends. It may seem like a tough decision to make right now, but my advice (and this is what I did), is to hold tight to your friendship with Christine. You may not have always been that close, but she sounds like a good friend, and may be the truest one in the long run. I understand you not wanting to 'make waves' with Tori, and maybe there's a way of just kind of 'pulling away' from her without necessarily 'confronting' her about it all, you know? Perhaps she'll feel that distancing from you and regret her ways. And that may take awhile too, but who knows---in the end she may just come back to you. I hope it all works out Kristina....I know how it feels, I really do. It hurts, but unfortunately this is not an 'easy fix'. It's going to be up to Tori to turn away from this bad crowd.
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : friendship troubles; need some advice Party010

PostSubject: Re: friendship troubles; need some advice   friendship troubles; need some advice EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:03 pm

^^^What she said (What else could I do? Girls don't want advice from men.)
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : friendship troubles; need some advice Happy010

PostSubject: Re: friendship troubles; need some advice   friendship troubles; need some advice EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:04 pm

I experienced this in elementary. I was the one that turned my back on my old friends and even treated some badly due to peer pressure, wanting to be part of the "cool group". In the end... I learned my lesson.. and after a couple of days of being a loner (since my old friends were not taking me back, which I understood because I had been a complete idiot to them)... my old friends took me back and gave me another chance.

Like Amy said... even though you are not as close to Christine, keep her as a friend because she sounds like a sweet person.

friendship troubles; need some advice Horses10
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865
Mood : friendship troubles; need some advice Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: friendship troubles; need some advice   friendship troubles; need some advice EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:53 pm

thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it. normally when something's really bothering me, I'm the type of person to say something about it, and especially when one of my friends is being pretty much bullied. but I talked to my mom about it and she said, "don't be mean, don't stoop down to Tori's level and act like that" so I thought about that, and also, I don't want to cause more problems or get myself into trouble. So for now I've told Christine that I'm here for her if she needs me, and I guess I'm just waiting to see what happens. Christine has been talking to her ex boyfriend throughout this over the past few days, but something tells me that he can't be trusted, maybe because I don't know him that well, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens with that too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: friendship troubles; need some advice   friendship troubles; need some advice EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 pm

I agree with amy.....Hope everything works out.

That kind of reminds me of something....I remember when i was in high school my new best friend did't like my old best friend..They did't get along....ugh..but in the ebd it all worked out.

I kind of had the same problem in middle school..i had problems with an friend myself......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: friendship troubles; need some advice   friendship troubles; need some advice Empty

Back to top Go down

friendship troubles; need some advice
Page 1 of 1