Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayers for baby Kara, please...

Go down 
+12
Vanesa
Amy
Alice
Gin
Rhonda
pamh36
Lori
Rob
Susie
bethandmanly
Teresa
Savannah
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Love-s10

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 pm

There is too many smiles in her to stop now. I will continue to pray for Kara and her parents.

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:35 am

Thanks for the update. I'll continue to pray. I'm so glad things are looking better.

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:52 am

Just saw this whew that WAS close. Will keep her in my prayers.

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:06 am

There was an article about Kara on our local news stations website this morning. http://www.clickondetroit.com/politics/28678653/detail.html

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks for the article link, Pam! (The article says that Kara went into cardiac arrest - what it didn't mention was that it happened three separate times. Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 279394 What a terrible scare for the family!)

Kara remained stable overnight - and you all know how scary nighttime can be in any case of serious illness or medical trouble, so that was a big blessing! They already started to run tests today to see if the cardiac arrests did any damage to Kara's organs, and so far things are looking good. Her liver and kidney functions are normal, which of course is a really good sign. She's still on life support, but they're going to try to scale that back today and see how she does. The immediate goal is to dry out her lungs which were flooded yesterday during all of the medical drama going on in her.

It's hard for me to think of Brian as Lt. Governor...I just see him as the nice guy he is, who loves God and his family more than anything else. At any rate, thank you all SO MUCH for the prayers for little Kara.
Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 6472
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:36 am

Oh my goodness, I guess I didn't realize just how famous little Kara is! OhMy Nice article....I am glad there are so many people praying for her. loveheart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:38 am

On a side-note, Pam....Brian and his wife, Julie, were at the McCartney concert Sunday night, too. I thought it was cool that two of my friends who don't even know each other were at the same concert - and might actually bump into one another and not even know it.

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 688644 I know it sounds ridiculous, but I kind of forgot, too, Amy.

Oh! And here's a recent picture of Kara - just before the heart cath incident:

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Karaga10

Rob and I were talking about this last night - to look at her, you'd never know that there's anything wrong with her! She's just such a little cutie-pie!

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:48 pm

I will keep Kara and her family in my prayers.

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:54 pm

She's gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Savannah wrote:
On a side-note, Pam....Brian and his wife, Julie, were at the McCartney concert Sunday night, too. I thought it was cool that two of my friends who don't even know each other were at the same concert - and might actually bump into one another and not even know it.

That's neat, Savannah. There was so many people I knew of that were going to the concert, but we never ran into any of them. There were SO many people. I bet he had better seats than we did though. Paul McCartney looked about 3 in. tall from where we were. Laughing

They've been talking about Kara all day on the news, updating and asking for prayer. It's so strange to hear updates about the little girl you've been telling us about on the news. I had forgotten, until I saw the story this morning, that you mentioned awhile back that Kara's dad was Rick Snyder's running mate. I'm glad the story is getting out so that so many people can pray for Kara and the family.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:17 pm

They have such a sweet looking family. I do hope things get better for them. Kara has a look as if she is a pioneer for making this medical condition better for other kids as herself.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Daughter of Lt Governor, I didn't know that!

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Gin wrote:
They have such a sweet looking family. I do hope things get better for them. Kara has a look as if she is a pioneer for making this medical condition better for other kids as herself.

I share Gin's opinion. I'm happy Kara is somewhat famous now, because she could help other little boys and girls like her. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:49 am

I'll be praying for her.

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:35 pm

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 6472 Kara is out of the ICU now, and is in Moderate Care. The next time she wakes up they'll be removing the nasal oxygen she's been using. Things are definitely looking brighter for her! Thanks again for your prayers for her, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:09 am

Good news! Thanks for keeping us posted!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:34 pm

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 6472 And a little more good news:

Brian wrote:
Kara slept well last night. Her nose and throat no longer have any tubes in
them. The main issue left is the Central IV which still administers
medication. Between now and tomorrow morning, we will try to transition
to oral meds and food. May be home by Tuesday.

From literally being near death, to possibly going home by Tuesday. What an answer to prayer!
Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 6472
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Just thought I'd share a current picture of Kara. She looks better than she did even two days ago!

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Karaga13
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:44 pm

Applause

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:44 pm

Thumbsup

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:57 pm

It's so wonderful to come in here and see that Kara is improving so much! I hope she is able to go home very soon.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:12 pm

Oh thank God she is improving!!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:24 am

Kara is adorable. She's in my prayers.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:31 pm

A miracle for sure. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:56 pm

Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Karaga14

And there she is....On her way HOME. She was released from the hospital this afternoon, and is now in her own comfy home. What a beautiful answer to prayer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for baby Kara, please...   Prayers for baby Kara, please... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for baby Kara, please...
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next