Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is it hot where you are?

Go down 
+13
Kristina
Debbie
HarrisonCrosby4387
Lily
Rhonda
Gin
Amy
bethandmanly
Savannah
pamh36
flatbroke
Carol
Rob
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Love-s10

Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:47 am

Savannah wrote:
I bet Brendan's open house is one that nobody will never forget, Amy! Yikes!

LOL, that's for sure! HeeHee I remember having a van full of food and thinking it was all going to go to waste. It was a wonder people even showed up! One family couldn't even get out of their subdivision to come, because of trees down! In the end, we had a really good turn out though.

Vanesa wrote:
Well, no...It is not hot in my place...since I'm at South hemisphere and we are in WINTER now! So we are almost feezing! laugh3 wintergirl snowshovel

However, I love it. I've always liked winter, more than summer. Hot weather gets on my nerves, people! Ranting banghead No I always feel miserable, sad and sick when too hot weather is around.

Vanesa.

Yikes....winter. I'm all for it too, for a short time; by the time the holidays roll around, I'm done. Yikes But I agree with you Vanesa---when it's too hot and humid, summer is just downright annoying!

It's raining and miserable right now, but the sun is supposed to make an appearance later, and a high of 75. Now that is perfect. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:11 am

A rainy winter?? Ugh...I don't like it, either. I just love bright and crispy cold days, with bue skies and shinning sun...I suppose that what I REALLY hates is dampness. Humid hot days are horrid, just like humid cold days are too. When cold weather mixs with dampness, cold could get to your bones! Ranting Blue

Vanesa.

Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:34 am

Is it hot here? A camel knocked on the door today asking for a drink. Image hosted by servimg.com
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:55 am

Larry! HeeHee

So, I'll bite. How hot is it?? greenS
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:20 am

flatbroke wrote:
Is it hot here? A camel knocked on the door today asking for a drink. Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Grins10

"But I wanna tell ya..."

Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Bob-hope1
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:32 pm

Right now it's a-okay Thumbsup

But in a few weeks... I might be able to do this lol bawling

Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Kscn1075l

Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Its hot....80's and humid. BUT its overcast....we are getting rain almost everyday right now. I thought we might have a rainy June and so far I am right. NOW if I can just not think about hurricanes coming in the next few months .......

Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:32 pm

Well I can say I'm a bit surprised. We have not seen any triple digits yet! Highest it's gotten is 96 but today we are at 88 degrees and going into the 90s, but no sign of the big 3 yet! grinsmiley

We usually get about 15 to 20 days of triple heat in summer... so... IT'S COMIN! lol

And happy 1st Day of Summer! Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Fansmiley

Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Maybe triple digits are waiting until we arrive, Carol! It's warm here in Ireland - for us anyway! 22 - 25 and this is probably our summer now because once the kids finish school it's sure to rain non-stop! mad

Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:55 pm

carolineingalls wrote:
Maybe triple digits are waiting until we arrive, Carol! It's warm here in Ireland - for us anyway! 22 - 25 and this is probably our summer now because once the kids finish school it's sure to rain non-stop! mad

Yeah but since you'll be in San Francisco, you'll be enjoying some 70s weather and in LA it will probably be in the 80s ... but you will feel the heat as you pass through the central valley on the way down... greenS

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 7:49 pm

hot here
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:18 am

Cold here and glad of it! I just like that we have cold in winter, mild time in fall and springtime and hot in summer! I like all this...if dampness is far from me! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:22 am

cold today..rainy.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:10 pm

We are in a heat advisory until tomorrow evening....breaking all kinds of records as far as the temps go.......Heat index is supposed to get to 105º or more before all is said and done.......and the humidity is AWFUL!!! Yikes

Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Rhonda10Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:57 am

Rhonda wrote:
We are in a heat advisory until tomorrow evening....breaking all kinds of records as far as the temps go.......Heat index is supposed to get to 105º or more before all is said and done.......and the humidity is AWFUL!!! Yikes

Hush woman! I'm cooking our breakfast on the sidewalk. How do you like your eggs? I got the bacon frying on the hood of the truck. If you want toast, I've got some bread thrown on the Cadillac.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:31 pm

It's tropical here in Minneapolis! The temp is 92 degrees, but the heat index is 106 degrees. The dew point is 78!! I feel like I live in Figi. The storms are brewing.

Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Yikes! Sounds nasty. Do you have AC?

We've got 84 here. And luckily there's not much humidity. The sun is baking, but there's a decent breeze.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Yes, we have AC, thank goodness. When you step outside, it's hard to breathe. My neighbor said that when she got our of her car a little while ago, her sunglasses fogged up. LOL!!

Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:45 pm

I see by my little Weather Channel bug that you're under a tornado watch. Sure hope nothing comes of it.

Does anybody else have the Weather Channel icon on their computer? It's neat. You can go to weatherchannel.com and click on: "Get The Weather Channel forecasts & severe weather alerts on your desktop." It shows you the temperature and conditions for anyplace in the country.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:40 pm

I have that little weather bug too. Its 93 here now, and its 4 :30 in the afternoon!!!
I so wish you could set the outside thermostat!!!

Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Rob wrote:
Does anybody else have the Weather Channel icon on their computer? It's neat. You can go to weatherchannel.com and click on: "Get The Weather Channel forecasts & severe weather alerts on your desktop." It shows you the temperature and conditions for anyplace in the country.

I got the app on my phone. Thumbsup

It is...
Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 1545597070 97 degrees HOT!

We are having triple digit heat in the next few days! Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Meltsmile cryB

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:19 pm

Wow, Carol!! Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 279394

Gin wrote:
I so wish you could set the outside thermostat!!!

I like the way you think. Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 70708
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Rob wrote:
Yikes! Sounds nasty. Do you have AC?

We've got 84 here. And luckily there's not much humidity. The sun is baking, but there's a decent breeze.

It was about 87 today, and our FIRST day without humidity in so long I can't even remember. Yikes But I hear tomorrow is going to be right back to 'scorcher' weather. thud I'll be happy to get up north by the bay on Friday and over the weekend....it's always cooler there! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:04 pm

It hit 93 here today. But it wasn't awfully humid out, so it didn't seem as bad. We're supposed to have storms all night and then all day tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:21 am

Savannah wrote:
It hit 93 here today. But it wasn't awfully humid out, so it didn't seem as bad. We're supposed to have storms all night and then all day tomorrow.

I hear we could get 80mph winds! OhMy

Ugh, I just found out that next week will be yet another VERY hot and humid week. thud I never thought I'd say this in July, but you know what? Bring on the snow. cold
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it hot where you are?   Is it hot where you are? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it hot where you are?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: