Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"HAUNTED HOUSE"

Go down 
+11
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
Rhonda
alexczarn
jes9
LHFanForever
Vanesa
charles ingalls
ChristinaAL
JW
Carol
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Happy010

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Empty
PostSubject: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyWed Mar 14, 2007 2:39 pm

“Haunted House

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Flwrpurdown

Laura goes into a haunted house when Nellie dares her to do it. She becomes a friend of the old man that lives there, Mr. Pike. She finds out that he is waiting for his wife to return. After Laura learns that Mrs. Pike died years ago, she helps Mr. Pike cope with the death of his wife.

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Haunted_1

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Haunted_2

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Haunted_3

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Grave

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Haunted_4

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Haunted_5

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Haunted_6

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Report I think this is a very good episode. I like the friendship that Laura forms with Mr. Pike. Here you have a young girl full of life and an old man who has closed himself to the world. Laura is the perfect girl to bring Dr. Pike back to the world. The scene where Laura told him about his wife being dead was emotional, she had grown to love Mr. Pike and you could see it hurt Laura to see him suffering. No The ending was just awesome… what a great relief it brought him to know that he will see his beloved again. Two thumbs up! Thumbsup Thumbsup

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 8:54 am

Sad Episode But i like it

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Jacobk10House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Jacob210
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 9:57 pm

This actually isn't one of my favorites. When I first saw it, I was really young and it kind of scared me, the idea of a "haunted house" and such. Now watching it, like Jacob said, it's sad to see. Poor Mr. Pike :(

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" ChristinaKeeper2 House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 5:15 pm

i liked it... and when pike called laura a snippity snapp

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 5:51 pm

charles ingalls wrote:
i liked it... and when pike called laura a snippity snapp

Yeah, that was funny :haha:

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 6:42 pm

No; I actually likes this one. But only now that I'm a grown up woman of 35! When I was a little girl, it would scare me to death .Mr. Pike was really scaring for a little child's views. Now, I can see other things in the epie and found very moving the deep love this man had for his sweet wife and how Laura wants him to trust God again.

But I also saw other things there: How could Charles let Laura go to stay ALONE with a man who was considered as weird for almost all Walnut Grove citizens?

Vanesa.

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 7:15 pm

Vanesa wrote:
But I also saw other things there: How could Charles let Laura go to stay ALONE with a man who was considered as weird for almost all Walnut Grove citizens?

Vanesa.

Good point Vanesa. I guess they were more trusting back then. Now, forget it.... that would NOT happen.

Back to top Go down
LHFanForever
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHFanForever

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 7:01 pm

It's been a while sense I've saw this one and have a question. Did Mr. Pike know about the death of his wife and in denial about it or did he really not know? I like this episode even though it's sad.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 5:02 pm

I think he knew, he just denied it to himself, b/c he prefered the idea that she could come back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 4:36 pm

I liked the episode, but isn't it frustrating when they introduce a new person, and then they either die, or you never see them again? And is that the house they used for Laura and Almonzos' boarding -house? I know that they used props and people over and over again, but i'm just curious!!
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2007 6:58 pm

I really like this episode. For some reason, I've only seen it twice (once recently) since I rediscovered the show close to a year and a half ago now. Yes, it was sad that Mr. Pike was in denial about his wife's death for 20 years, but it had a happy ending -- not only did Mr. Pike come around but he and Laura got to play a joke on Nellie and Willie. BTW, I've noticed a trend -- if Laura cries in an episode, it's generally a great episode.

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 4:45 am

Not one of my favorites,but still like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:57 pm

nice esp..she is kind hearted gal...nice she made a friend
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:29 pm

sweetheart wrote:
nice esp..she is kind hearted gal...nice she made a friend
yes. The ending is great!

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:15 am

fredsredhead66 wrote:
I liked the episode, but isn't it frustrating when they introduce a new person, and then they either die, or you never see them again? And is that the house they used for Laura and Almonzos' boarding -house? I know that they used props and people over and over again, but i'm just curious!!

Yeah...I think it's the same house over and over and over...As I've said to Alex in other thread, it seems that there was only one big house in Walnut Grove and all rich people living in the town owned it for a while... greenS Some institutions as Mary and Adam's College for the blinds settled there too...Until it was burned to ashes. But wait...It was not the big-eternal house ending yet! They re-build it again, exactly like it has been before and give it to the old widow that lived there for some years until she also gave it to Laura and Almanzo and they used it for a boarding-house... banghead Imokay Sick2

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:26 pm

If you look at the front of the house, compared to the front of the house Laura and Almanzo lived in, the windows are different; but then again, the looks can be altered to give it a different look. I am sure the house was used over and over again, but when people move in and out of Walnut Grove, a house will be lived in by different people..... scratchead

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Rhonda10House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:10 pm

I just watched this episode last night. It took a while before I was drawn into the episode.

The episode itself is good and has some good food for thought. I really miss seeing the regular cast.

This is an episode that's good to watch just once in a while. I would never choose this episode to watch when I'm in an LHotP mood. This is one that gets watched upon rewatching the entire season.

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:37 am

This is a very good Episode. I can understand why young kids at the time may thought this was a little spooky. It was kind of. I think it shows how sweet girl she was.She was nice to help him.& be-friend him.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:43 pm

I just watched this episode tonight. I like it, although it is very sad at parts. Yet, at the end it is quite uplifting.

Someone asked if Mr. Pike knew his wife was dead. Well, at least at some level he did, because she had apparently died at his house, not in Mankato. Her grave was there at his house, and it seemed that he felt responsible or guilty for her death. It was kind of like how Mr. Edwards felt about his family dying, I think. But Mr. PIke definitely knew his wife's grave was there. Wasn't there even a part where Laura wanted to do something outside, maybe with a garden, but then Mr. Pike rejected that idea? I assume it was because he knew that the grave was there.

I felt really sorry for Mr. Pike. I am glad Laura befriended him, although it is kind of weird because it seems similar to her befriending Mr. Sprague. I guess Laura just is the kind of friend that cranky people need.

I also see the "Abandoned Sisters" sign at the theater that I believe was used in MA'S HOLIDAY.

Doesn't the distance to Mankato gradually get shorter and shorter? Now it is only three days, but I thought originally it was six days. And then later doesn't it seem even shorter? Do you think they kept improving the road or maybe made new roads....or maybe just were inconsistent?
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Yes: Laura was the kind of friend that cranky people needs! I've also noticed that her friendship tended to go much more toward older men than women. Mary was just the opposite: the perfect friend for an elderly, sweet lady like Mrs. Whipple. Smile

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:18 am

Regarding the distance to Mankato, yes, it seems the distance gets shorter, or at least the time to get there gets shorter. In "Four Eyes", Mary asks Charles how long it takes to get to Mankato, and Charles says three days. Yet, later in the series, it's implied that one can get there the same day. I think this is just another case of inconsistent writing. I don't think the roads would have changed much back then, as they were all dirt roads. Only in the automobile era, did roads start to slowly improve.

The road back then would probably have roughly followed the route of modern day US 14. According to Google maps, it is 81.7 miles from Walnut Grove to Mankato via US 14, a trip that takes 1 hour and 34 minutes. I'm not sure what the average speed was on rural dirt roads in the 1870s, but it does seem somewhat feasible one could get from Walnut Grove to Mankato in one day if you left at the crack of dawn.

House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:35 am

But I think they said it took six days back in MA'S HOLIDAY!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 2:42 am

This is my least favorite episode. This scares me, when I was little girl. I saw this episode not too long ago. It's a sad episode.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:26 pm

Yeah,I guess this would freak out little children.

I would guess back then with dirt roads and a buggy.It would take longer to get to places.Then when using a car.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:36 am

I know it takes longer, but what is strange is that there seems to be a lot of inconsistency even within the show about how long it takes to get places, and I don't think the roads improved all that much within just a short time. Oh well, it is poetic license, I guess. I don't think the writers expected us to be analyzing every minute detail of the episodes, even though I enjoy doing that. I like to find the inconsistencies, but I don't let them ruin the show for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "HAUNTED HOUSE"   House - "HAUNTED HOUSE" Empty

Back to top Go down

"HAUNTED HOUSE"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next