Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books? Indiff10

Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books?   Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:02 pm

I am very curious to know if anyone ever has. I am really into Civil War literature, stories and fiction. I see that there are 3 that she has written:

Candle In the Darkness

Fire By Night

A Light to My Path

I am not asking if anyone has specifically read those (but if they did, it would help Smile ). I just want to know how Lynn Austin is as a writer. Is she any good? Is she worth giving a try? I would like to read these stories but I don't know if I want to invest in the books.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books? Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books?   Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:16 pm

No, I haven't...But you could check your library. Then if you like them, you can buy copies for your own collection.
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books? Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books?   Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books? EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:39 pm

I thought about doing that. The library does have them, but I kind of really dislike borrowing from there. They only let you renew things twice now (when I was a kid I would renew over and over again). I have a total of 4 books sitting here that I need to return that I haven't even started yet (I have already gotten the second renewal with them). If I OWN the book, I can take all the time in the world. Whereas, if I borrow them, I have that obligation to get them done by a certain date.

Basically, I know I will end up checking them out from library. And I will never get around to reading them. I just have to learn to stop being so lazy, right? Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books?   Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever read any Lynn Austin books?
Page 1 of 1