Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Upcoming Oprah show alert!

Go down 
+8
Lori
Rob
Julia
Teresa
Carol
bethandmanly
Amy
Misti
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Upcoming Oprah show alert! Happy010

Upcoming Oprah show alert! Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:44 am

Hey all! At the end of the month (not sure the exact date) she will have a "Sound of Music" reunion complete with Christopher Plummer, Julie Andrews & all the children. The real VonTrapp singers are supposed to be on the show, too. It looks to be a great episode!!!

Upcoming Oprah show alert! HummerUpcoming Oprah show alert! MistiKeeperUpcoming Oprah show alert! Bookclub5Upcoming Oprah show alert! Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Upcoming Oprah show alert! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:06 am

thud Misti, I am freaking out!!!!! wootwoot jumphappy Bliss happy1 Thank you so much for the heads up! Please keep us posted if you hear about the date. Thumbsup

Kind of ironic too....it's turning out to be a "Sound of Music week"....my son had his marching band exhibition last night, and the Michigan State University marching band played a Sound of Music medley---awesome!! Applause
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Upcoming Oprah show alert! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:09 am

Awesome news. Thanks for sharing.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:36 am

The hills are alive again 45 years later, this time on the small screen.

Harpo Productions says the entire cast of the 1965 Academy Award-winning movie musical "The Sound of Music" will appear Friday, Oct. 29, on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

That includes stars Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. Andrews had non-cancerous throat nodules removed in 1997, an operation that initially left her unable to sing. She will not sing on the TV program.

Plummer will talk about his relationship with the film over the decades.

The show will include a performance from the singing group The von Trapp Children, which features members of the real von Trapp family.

The musical's score includes such classics as "My Favorite Things" and "Do Re Mi."

Upcoming Oprah show alert! Sound-of-Music-cast_320

Upcoming Oprah show alert! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:37 am

Thanks for letting us know, Misti.

Here is an article I found. They will be on Oprah on October 29th.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/28/the-sound-of-music-cast-to-reunite-on-oprah/

Upcoming Oprah show alert! TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:38 am

Carol, you JUST beat me to it. LOL!

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:45 am

Teresa wrote:
Carol, you JUST beat me to it. LOL!

Hehe I'm quick as a whip this mornin'! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:16 pm

Carol wrote:
The hills are alive again 45 years later, this time on the small screen.

Harpo Productions says the entire cast of the 1965 Academy Award-winning movie musical "The Sound of Music" will appear Friday, Oct. 29, on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

That includes stars Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. Andrews had non-cancerous throat nodules removed in 1997, an operation that initially left her unable to sing. She will not sing on the TV program.

Plummer will talk about his relationship with the film over the decades.

The show will include a performance from the singing group The von Trapp Children, which features members of the real von Trapp family.

The musical's score includes such classics as "My Favorite Things" and "Do Re Mi."

Upcoming Oprah show alert! Sound-of-Music-cast_320

Teresa wrote:
Thanks for letting us know, Misti.

Here is an article I found. They will be on Oprah on October 29th.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/28/the-sound-of-music-cast-to-reunite-on-oprah/

Thanks girls! I cannot wait! It was funny; on the previews it showed the stage set up an "upstairs" and all the kids (I mean adults!) up there with Chris Plummer on stage with that "silly whistle!" HeeHee

Upcoming Oprah show alert! HummerUpcoming Oprah show alert! MistiKeeperUpcoming Oprah show alert! Bookclub5Upcoming Oprah show alert! Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Here is the short preview for the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIe5sgtyVQo

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:42 pm

I can't wait!!!! Bliss

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:18 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1 happy1

Ok, now you really know how excited I am about this. HeeHee

THANK YOU for the date!! It's going right on my calendar!! jumphappy
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Upcoming Oprah show alert! Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:18 am

I can hardly wait!

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Upcoming Oprah show alert! JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Upcoming Oprah show alert! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:33 am

Carol wrote:

I've seen this group before. They are very good. I have their Snow CD and another Christmas one from when they were younger. About a week after the Oprah appearance they will be back at the Yankee Candle Flagship store in South Deerfield, MA, where I had seen them. I was just out at their website - http://www.vontrappchildren.com/ - and Justin's voice is significantly lower than the last time I heard them.

I have to say that meeting them in person was disappointing. I purchased their CD when I was at Yankee Candle that year and they each autographed it. I mentioned The Sound of Music was a favorite of mine and how I have seen it numerous times. You would have thought I said they all had detention the way they reacted. It seem they really wanted to be there.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:59 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Carol wrote:

I've seen this group before. They are very good. I have their Snow CD and another Christmas one from when they were younger. About a week after the Oprah appearance they will be back at the Yankee Candle Flagship store in South Deerfield, MA, where I had seen them. I was just out at their website - http://www.vontrappchildren.com/ - and Justin's voice is significantly lower than the last time I heard them.

I have to say that meeting them in person was disappointing. I purchased their CD when I was at Yankee Candle that year and they each autographed it. I mentioned The Sound of Music was a favorite of mine and how I have seen it numerous times. You would have thought I said they all had detention the way they reacted. It seem they really wanted to be there.

Thanks for the link Cheryl....I really enjoyed the videos! I love A Cappella music and they're quite good. You can hear a big difference in the group in the 'before and after' of Justin's voice progression! Upcoming Oprah show alert! 135245 I suppose he was bound to grow up at some point! Amazing pics on that site too, of their visits overseas. The Cracker Barrell one is too cute---all those 'worldly' pictures, and yet it seems that there's always a down to earth Cracker Barrell wherever you go! Upcoming Oprah show alert! 702150

I wonder if they were just having an 'off' night when you went to see them. Must be so much pressure for a group of young children....maybe they were much younger and inexperienced then. I can't imagine they're not used to hearing fans say, "We love Sound of Music", ya know?! Upcoming Oprah show alert! 988160 Hopefully they've learned some professionalism by now. I can see where that would have been disappointing.

I see they're coming to Grand Rapids MI next month!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:40 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Carol wrote:

I know they have probably heard that a lot but it was what made the VonTrapp's famous!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Upcoming Oprah show alert! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:45 am

Hate to do this in the wake of the MSU victory, but...

Amy wrote:
Barrell

Upcoming Oprah show alert! Standupfife1

Upcoming Oprah show alert! 771460
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:15 am

LOL! I haven't seen an Amy "Fife" in a looooooooong time.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:40 am

thud It has been a long time!! HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:10 am

"The hills are alive, with the sound of music...................."

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:35 am

I got it set to record! Cheer

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:51 am

So excited!!! happydance

Thanks for the reminder Teresa! Smile

Hey, has anyone seen the show "How to Solve a Problem Like Maria", on BBC? Oh my gosh. I was sick yesterday, and they had a 'marathon' of the show on, and it was amAzing!! It's an Andrew Lloyd Webber reality show, where they are trying to find the next Maria to star in the latest Sound of Music musical! The person the viewers chose is absolutely perfect in my opinion! Now, the show has moved on to finding the cast for the Oliver musical. Really neat---check it out of you can! Thumbsup Also, I really LIKE Andrew Lloyd Webber....he is a neat guy who (of course) knows his stuff....he can get his point across very well, without being quite as blatant as Simon from American Idol, LOL. The other judges are forthcoming as well, and although can be a bit more like Simon, I liked all of them.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 4:55 pm

It's time!!!!!

Organ jumphappy Bliss wootwoot happy1
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Loved the show!!!!!! And the real VonTrapps sound wonderful! It is so good to see the close friendship between Julie & Christopher.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 6:28 pm

Misti wrote:
It is so good to see the close friendship between Julie & Christopher.

It really is, isn't it?! loveheart There is something just so special about the two of them. So often in shows, you hear about how people didn't get along or whatever, and it can totally spoil everything. Sounds like Christopher had quite the attraction to her! Love It's neat to know that they and all the kids are so tight-knit even to this day. Cool about the book the 'kids' are working on too!

I loved the show too Misti....the kids singing Edelweiss at the end, with the montage being played in the background, totally had me in tears! bawling
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 6:50 pm

I missed it! cryB

Upcoming Oprah show alert! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! Empty

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Oprah show alert!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next