Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayers Needed

Go down 
+8
Rhonda
bethandmanly
JW
Vanesa
Savannah
Rob
Teresa
pamh36
12 posters
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Devin came home from school today carrying a paper and wearing a very serious look on his face. At first, we thought he was in some kind of trouble, and then he broke down and said one of his friends died today. The paper was a note to inform families about what happened. He died in his sleep, apparently he had a heart condition. Devin said he never even knew of this because this kid was so full of life, very outgoing. Devin found out in his last class of the day, the Jazz Band class they were in together, and Devin said he happened to be sitting in John's seat at the time they told the class the news. We were deeply saddened and shocked by the news, and if we felt that way, I can't even imagine what his family is going through right now, so please keep them in your prayers. Also, please keep his friends in your prayers. It is tough at any age to lose a friend, but when it is someone so young, it just feels that much harder.

Prayers Needed PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Prayers Needed Happy010

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Pam, that is such a sad story. I'll keep John's family in my prayers, as well as Devin and his friends. It makes it even more difficult when it happens so suddenly, without warning.

Prayers Needed TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Prayers Needed Goodsi10

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:05 pm

What a shocker! John's family and friends will be in my prayers, Pam.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prayers Needed Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Prayers Needed Happy010

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Oh, how very sad! They have my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Prayers Needed Bokmal10

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:05 am

Devin and his friend will be also in my prayers. It's so sad when a friend dies...and much more if this friend is a child. One doesn't understand children death. It's very, very hard. I suppose that Devin must be shocked about his friends death...When I was a girl I remember that in my school, a boy being 12 years old, suddenly died when he was fishing along with his father. There were no class for some two days. I was not in his same classroom (I was 11 at the time) and knew him very little, but I remember I was terrified for the fact I could suddenly die, without being Ill or something. I was panicked and didn't want to go to sleep.

So, just think about the possibility of Devin being scared for the death idea. It's very common in children. No Blue

Vanesa.

Prayers Needed Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Prayers Needed Happy011

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:06 am

That is Very Sad I will Keep Devin and Johns Family in my prayers Was it Unexpected for the Parents as well or did they know it might happen just didn't tell anyone?

Prayers Needed Jacobk10Prayers Needed Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:54 am

How very sad. I'll definitely be praying.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:22 am

Vanesa wrote:
Devin and his friend will be also in my prayers. It's so sad when a friend dies...and much more if this friend is a child. One doesn't understand children death. It's very, very hard. I suppose that Devin must be shocked about his friends death...When I was a girl I remember that in my school, a boy being 12 years old, suddenly died when he was fishing along with his father. There were no class for some two days. I was not in his same classroom (I was 11 at the time) and knew him very little, but I remember I was terrified for the fact I could suddenly die, without being Ill or something. I was panicked and didn't want to go to sleep.

So, just think about the possibility of Devin being scared for the death idea. It's very common in children. No Blue

Vanesa.

Yes, all of the kids are taking this very hard. I don't think Devin slept much at all. I am keeping a close eye on him.

JW wrote:
That is Very Sad I will Keep Devin and Johns Family in my prayers Was it Unexpected for the Parents as well or did they know it might happen just didn't tell anyone?

I really don't know for sure. Even though he did have a heart condition, he lived a very full and active life, so there were no limitations put on him as far as I know. This makes me think it probably came as a shock to the parents as well. Devin and many of his friends didn't even know he had a heart condition, I guess it was something he didn't really talk about, or maybe it just wasn't something thought to be so serious. I guess we'll learn more as the days go on.

Thanks to all for all of the prayers for John's family and friends, I know they all appreciate it. It's such a heart-breaking situation. Blue

Prayers Needed PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Prayers Needed Purple2

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:04 pm

What a tragic thing.......My prayers go out to the family and his friends......

It is such a terrible thing to lose a child and a classmate.....when my oldest was in school, they had a member of the band die in a freak accident on a 4-wheeler....they had a memorial for him at the school, and his chair was left empty with only his tuba mouth piece resting there......the rest of the band sat in silence as the service went on....SO emotional and sad......
Blue

Prayers Needed Rhonda10Prayers Needed Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Prayers Needed Happy011

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:17 pm

I dealt with two deaths of fellow students. One was in my 4th grade class, and like a week or so later someone in the 5th grade died. They were both hit by a car and killed crossing the same street. I really liked the one in 5th grade. He was a funny and good kid. I took it pretty hard. Then a few years later another kid died of cancer. It's thought being a kid and seeing someone your age pass away. I will pray for you son and the child's family.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Rhonda wrote:
What a tragic thing.......My prayers go out to the family and his friends......

It is such a terrible thing to lose a child and a classmate.....when my oldest was in school, they had a member of the band die in a freak accident on a 4-wheeler....they had a memorial for him at the school, and his chair was left empty with only his tuba mouth piece resting there......the rest of the band sat in silence as the service went on....SO emotional and sad......
Blue

:blue:John was also a tuba player. There are upcoming concerts coming up. I can only imagine how emotional they will be.

MattLabMyLove wrote:
I dealt with two deaths of fellow students. One was in my 4th grade class, and like a week or so later someone in the 5th grade died. They were both hit by a car and killed crossing the same street. I really liked the one in 5th grade. He was a funny and good kid. I took it pretty hard. Then a few years later another kid died of cancer. It's thought being a kid and seeing someone your age pass away. I will pray for you son and the child's family.

It is tough losing a classmate. When I was in school a classmate committed suicide. I didn't know her well, but I knew who she was and it still hit very hard. At that time they announced it over the P.A. during regular announcements. It would have been a shock anyway, but just to hear it like that, like it was just part of the everyday announcements just seemed wrong. They actually came into Devin's class, which happened to be the class he had John in, and they had the kids sit down and counselors broke the news to them. There's never a good way to break news like that, but coming in and talking with the kids just seemed so much more personal.

Prayers Needed PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:00 am

This family really needs our prayers. They also have a daughter who has a serious brain disease and isn't expected to live much longer. John was just talking about this in band class recently. I can't even begin to imagine what this family is going through. Blue

Jacob asked if John's death was unexpected to his parents. It was. Although he did have a heart-condition, it wasn't considered something serious or life-threatening. As I said, I just can't imagine what this family is going through.

Prayers Needed PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Prayers Needed Love-s10

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:05 pm

So sorry to hear this. I will pray for John's family. Thanks Pam for letting us know.

Prayers Needed Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:00 am

pamh36 wrote:
This family really needs our prayers. They also have a daughter who has a serious brain disease and isn't expected to live much longer. John was just talking about this in band class recently. I can't even begin to imagine what this family is going through. Blue

Jacob asked if John's death was unexpected to his parents. It was. Although he did have a heart-condition, it wasn't considered something serious or life-threatening. As I said, I just can't imagine what this family is going through.

Oh, Pam...what a sad story. The poor family...Their little John has gone and the girl being espected to die in a more or less short time! I'll pray for them all, be sure of it. No

Vanesa.

Prayers Needed Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:12 am

I know the family appreciates the prayers very much, thank you.

We went to a candlelight service at the high school track last night and at the end his father spoke. It was heartbreaking, but he wanted to let everyone know how grateful he is for the support and to let all of John's friends know that he was grateful for their friendship. He was reassuring the kids. What a strong man.

Prayers Needed PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Prayers Needed Love-s10

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:51 am

Oh my gosh, that is just awful. No I can't imagine losing a child so suddenly like that....well, at all, but still. Last year, a student at Brendan's college died in his sleep, from menengitis, which is very common with especially college freshman in dorms, I hear. I just cannot imagine receiving that phone call, as a parent.

How amazing that John's father spoke at the vigil. I'm sure he had to call on every ounce of strength he had to do that. I will have this family in my prayers, Pam---thanks for letting us know about it. And I'll be praying for Devin too...I hope they have grief counselors on staff at the school right now.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Prayers Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers Needed   Prayers Needed EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:18 pm

This is a video one of John's friends made that shows how much he truly embraced life. I think many of us can learn a nice lesson from this young man. He made so much of the little time he had here, and so many people let life or opportunities just pass them by. Life is a gift, we should all make the most of it.