Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Many prayers needed

Go down 
+19
LM
Lori
Melissa
pamh36
Teresa
Carol
ChristinaAL
brenda_m
HarrisonCrosby4387
LIWnut
bethandmanly
rana
Amy
Rob
LHDaisy
Debbie
Rhonda
Lily
Savannah
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Many prayers needed Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54429
Mood : Many prayers needed Happy010

Many prayers needed Empty
PostSubject: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 7:25 pm

It's a long story, so I'll try to keep it short. Some of you know that my niece and nephews have lived with me and my Mom since shortly after each of them was born. We've never had legal custody, because the parents just were never around, and it wasn't an issue. We didn't want the children to have to go through court, etc. Today, my brother and SIL came and took the children. All of them. The children were hysterical - crying, screaming for me to help them, kicking, and begging their parents to let them stay home. But it didn't help - and because I don't have any legal documents, there wasn't anything I could do. I can't even begin to describe how much it hurt to see them asking me for help, and I couldn't do anything. Monday, we're seeing a lawyer. This is the only home the children have ever known. They're ages 4 (almost 5) to 13.

Please pray for the whole situation. The parents don't know the children's schedules, when their voice and piano lessons are, or even their favorite toys. They don't have any clothes for them............Until last week, they didn't even have beds for them. Please, just pray.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Many prayers needed LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Many prayers needed Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 8:04 pm

It's such a painful feeling to see the kids begging for help and we can't do anything. Savannah, I'm so sorry and sad to hear what's happening to you, we all know you've been raising your nephews and niece since they're babies like your own children, not to mention taking care of Michael's illness. We will certainly be praying for you sweetie. {{{{{ HUG }}}}}

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21207
Mood : Many prayers needed Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 8:06 pm

:alright: OH SAVANNAH!!!! I am SO sorry........I remember you mentioning this to me before, and I prayed that this had resolved since you hadn't said anymore......It breaks my heart that they decided to do this......I pray that they will not be able to handle the children's broken hearts and they bring them back to you where they belong......Keep your chin up...it will work out....trust God to hold those babies in His hand.....I pray for Michael's health, because this can't be good for him...... No
grouphug

Many prayers needed Rhonda10Many prayers needed Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by on Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 8:07 pm

AWWW, i will pray for you...
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Many prayers needed Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 8:18 pm

Oh, Savannah I'm so sorry to hear that.. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers..
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 8:46 am

You and your family will be in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62631
Mood : Many prayers needed Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 9:08 am

My prayers are with you and the kids, Savannah. Please keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 9:27 am

Thank you all so much. I still can't stop crying. I've eaten a half a banana in about 24 hours. I can't eat - my stomach is so upset. I know that I need to, but it's hard to eat anything.
My arms ache to hold them. Jeremiah and I were supposed to play a piano duet in church this morning. We'd been working together on it for months, as it's a more difficult piece. Now they won't let him come and play it. I woke in the night last night hearing little Caleby calling for me. And I worry about whether Michael is getting his meds on time.
This all feels like a nightmare that I can't wake from. I just keep praying, and trusting the Lord to work things out. It's all I can do. Please, especially pray for the safety of the children. Jeremiah told me, as he was leaving, that he's going to run away from them. I asked him not to - to stay and take care of the little ones.

I just don't understand how they could do this.........
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Many prayers needed Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 11:21 am

I don't understand either, Savannah...two people couldn't possibly be more selfish. My heart aches for your suffering, as well as the kids. I can't even imagine what this must feel like. I'll be praying for all of you.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
rana
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
rana

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 12:21 pm

Oh, Savannah, this all is just terrible.
I never know wether I should be sad or just angry when I hear that parents don't care about their childrens feelings in such situations.
I mean even if they have the law on their side, it doesn't give them the right to treat their kids like things, which can be moved from one place to the other at their convenience.

I'm so sorry for you and the kids...

Many prayers needed Ranake10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Many prayers needed Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 2:11 pm

I'm am deeply saddened to hear this Savannah. I knew there were problems, but I hoped they would be resolved in time. I will pray for the children, and for your Mom and you. I hope everything ends up working out okay because the kids need to be in the best place possible and I'm sure that's with you and your Mom.

{{HUGS}}

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Many prayers needed Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 2:15 pm

Sweet Savannah, I am so sorry that you are going through this difficult time. I can't come up with any words that haven't already been spoken here but I just want you to know that you and the children are in my thoughts. God is with you and with the children. I pray that all of you look to Him for strength. Read Prov 3:5-6 and claim that promise. (((HUGS))) to you, dear friend.

Many prayers needed MarilynKeeper Many prayers needed Bookclub2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 3:38 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this Savannah. Blue I don't understand either why people do such things. The kids, your mother and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I said a prayer for the safe return of your nephews this morning in church. Please keep us updated. ((((hugs))))
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Many prayers needed Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 6:24 pm

Oh my, I am so sorry about your recent troubles. I will surely pray for all of you.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 7:53 pm

Thats awful ! bawling mad I will surely pray for you and the kids! I think it is cruel of them to suddenly want the kids without warning! Or preparations! :alright:

Many prayers needed KEEPERBRENDAMany prayers needed 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 11:00 pm

Oh Savannah, I'm so sorry to hear this :( I can't understand why anyone would do that, to take children away from the home they've known all their lives. I know how much they love you and how much you love them, and I have faith that somehow this horrible situation will work out. Your family is my prayers; I pray that God is keeping your babies safe, and I pray that they can come back to you soon. Let us know how meeting with the lawyer turns out.

Many prayers needed ChristinaKeeper2 Many prayers needed 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 12:29 am

This angers me so much. How can they do this?? banghead
I hope the lawyer can help you out Savannah. You and your mom are the best thing for those kids and ... and they for you. I will pray that this matter gets solved.
We're here for you Savannah. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Many prayers needed Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 8:46 am

Savannah,
I am so very sorry that you and your mother are having to go through such a painful ordeal. Especially when little Michael was doing so well. You and your family will be in my prayers. Please keep us updated on what is going on. Those sweet children shouldn't have to be put through such heartache and confusion.

Many prayers needed TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 12:58 pm

Thank you so much. We all truly need the prayers.
I feel like I'm dying inside. I haven't been apart from them for more than a few hours since they were born. I didn't know that a pain like this existed.
Jeremiah snuck over to my house (he's 13) and my Mom and I sobbed and hugged him, and he was crying and hugging us...........I didn't want to ever let go of him.

We have an appointment with a lawyer on Wednesday. Caleby's birthday. He was born just two days before my birthday, and we've always had an especially close bond.

I was at the store earlier, and heard a little child throwing a fit, and it made me cry. I'd give anything if my precious ones were with me to throw a fit.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 1:27 pm

Savannah, please know that you and your precious family are in my continued prayers. You are not along in this......I am glad Jeremiah snuck over to see you.......God bless him for that.......I hope the attorney you have found will know what can be done to fix this.....Hang in there girl, chin up...you are loved! :rainbowfaces:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 4:03 pm

O Savannah my heart just aches for you. I'm so happy that your mother and you was able to see Jeremiah. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs)))

Wings Of An Angel

The wings of an angel
So pure and so white
The wings of an angel
Holding you tight.

The wings of an angel
Caressing your skin
The wings of an angel
Keeping love within.

These wings from an angel
Are my gift to you
These wings from an angel
Will help see you through.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 6:46 pm

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Oh Savannah!! I am so shocked to hear this. My heart is breaking for you and those little ones. You have my prayers. Yours is the only home those kids have known and I can't imagine what they are going through as well. Please keep us updated.

Many prayers needed PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 6:06 am

We couldn't get in to see the lawyer yesterday, because he was booked for the day. The lawyer we really wanted to talk to won't be available til next week. We do have an appointment with his colleague tomorrow.

Someone - we don't know who - called Child Protective Services, and we got a call from them yesterday, asking about the situation. She was horrified that they would do something so traumatic to the children, and said that a lot of the things that Mom had told her about the situation raised reds flags. But, we have a small house, and it *is* cluttered (though we're working on sorting) and I'm worried about whether, if CPS did pull the children from John & April, would they be brought back to us? This is just so awful for the children. I never wanted them to have to go through something like this.

I'm praying, and praying......
I can't sleep well, but am exhausted. It makes me wonder if the children are sleeping well. Their whole world is upside down. I can barely eat, and feel sick to my stomach all the time. So far, April won't let them see me or my Mom. She wants them to "adjust" to their "new home". My whole adult life has been given to raising these precious children. She has done nothing - not even bought one pair of socks for the children through the years, and now wants them to adjust to her home??

Please, keep praying, and pray for the safety of the children, too. Jeremiah told me that he's making sure that Michael is getting his meds. But they haven't brushed their teeth since they got to their parent's house. No toothbrushes. And Michael's meds make it very important to keep his teeth clean every day. And, of course, the other children need clean teeth, too!

I'm sorry to go on and on, but if I don't, I think I'll lose it. I need my children.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 7:54 am

My dearest Savannah, I have done nothing but think, and think and rethink this situation and then pray, pray and pray some more.

Everything that you have said can be recorded as neglect in this situation. You mentioned them not being a part of their lives, did they even bother coming to the hospital when little Michael was so seriously ill? Sit down and record all these happenings and hang on to them, they will be needed......I wish I could come and help you get your small house up to CPS standards......they need to look at the love being given to them, not the little bit of clutter that a home has, every home has some clutter, but not every home has love!!!
No

Last edited by on Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Many prayers needed Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 8:01 am

I wish there was something more I could do for you than offer mere words. My heart breaks for you and the kids. What an awful thing for a parent to do. I hope the lawyer is able to help you.

I will continue to pray for this situation. Try to give your burden up to God. He is the only one who can handle it.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Many prayers needed
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next