Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Nephews

Go down 
+8
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Krissy
alexczarn
Ruth
amyk
Vanesa
bethandmanly
Julia
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

The Nephews - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nephews   The Nephews - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 4:36 pm

I watched this one today, but sort of out of order. I was recording it, but then ended up watching about the second half as it aired, interspersed with going back to the beginning and watching during commercials. But then I was still not done with the first half even when the second half ended, so finished off the first half after the ending. Therefore, maybe my analysis is a bit skewed, although I have seen it before.

In any case, I don't really like this episode, for multiple reasons:
1) I think it is ridiculous that Royal and Millie would really let their sons run so wild like that to the point of even allowing them to choke Royal. If I were Royal when my son was choking me, and if Millie would not "let" me correct him, I feel like I would have said, "don't forget to also choke your mother!"
2) I hate what Rupert and Myron did to those chickens.....and did the show truly de-feather chickens just for that scene? I really hate that part.
3) I hate the inconsistency between this episode and then what happens in the final season, with Royal apparently having a different family history and not ever having had Rupert and Myron, plus having now a daughter named Jenny....did Rupert and Myron die? Did Royal adopt Jenny? What happened to Millie and the baby she was pregnant with in this episode?
4) I didn't feel like Rupert and Myron had any redeeming qualities. Their pranks are not even funny but could often even have killed or seriously injured others. I think the episode would have been better if one of their pranks had truly injured either Laura or Almanzo (or both) and they then had to save them or at least run and find Doc Baker or something. Maybe then they would have truly learned a lesson and had real remorse.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

The Nephews - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nephews   The Nephews - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 4:40 pm

Looks like I'm kind of in the minority here re thinking the episode was so funny! Maybe I just take it too seriously.
Back to top Go down

The Nephews
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Little House on the Prairie :: Episode Reviews :: SEASON 7-
Jump to: