Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

resumes------I'am going crazy

Go down 
+6
flatbroke
Rob
ChristinaAL
bethandmanly
LIWnut
Debbie
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

resumes------I'am going crazy Empty
PostSubject: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 7:29 pm

I realllllllllllllllllllly want & need a job badly!! I'am gonna send in my resume into the day care at my church tommorry...I just hope i get a phone call back!!..I feel like if i don't get it i will be a dissporanted to people.

I'am stressing over my resume i wan't it to look good..it looks good on the screen but when i print it out..it mess up ugh..Why why why me

I hate my life so much!!Sometimes i hate myself,I'am to damn shy and stuff..I've been in this depressed moode for a long while...Just nobody really knows(none of my family) I hide it from people. There has been times when i wish i was dead!!! I hate when my parents fight..I hate lisiting to it..it drives me nuts...I hate when my mom has to yell at my dad infront of people...it's so damn annoying and its embarrsing 4 me.

I get really shy & nevourse on interviews...sometimes on some of the questions i don't know what to say? Like when they ask how much money u expect?????
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : resumes------I'am going crazy Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 7:37 pm

Aww, don't be so hard on yourself. I remember dealing with the same sort of family problems growing up.. Believe me, I'm sure most of us have. I know how nerve wracking interviews can be, just go in there feeling confident about yourself and your abilities and everything will work itself out. *hugs*grouphug
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : resumes------I'am going crazy Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 8:46 pm

I just finished a college course and in one of the classes we had to take was Career Development. It was an awesome class and we had to have a mock interview with our instructor that she videotaped and played back to the class. I learned a lot from it. We also discussed how to write awesome resumes.
One thing you can do to prepare for that question is research on the internet and find out how much people in that field make.
I know you live near me and if I can be any help to you, just send me a pm.
Perhaps going back to school might be a good thing for you. That's what I did, it only took 4 months to get a diploma in Microsoft Word. It was a wonderful experience.
Good luck friend. If I can help, let me know.

resumes------I'am going crazy MarilynKeeper resumes------I'am going crazy Bookclub2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 9:14 pm

Thanks guys....I did i took ECE course last yr....I will try my best......Thats a good idea i never thought of looking up the information on the school...
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : resumes------I'am going crazy Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 9:24 pm

I'm sorry you feel so bad right now, but like Debbie said, most of us have experienced crazy families. I could write a book on how dysfunctional my family is. But, at some point I just decided I wasn't going to let it affect me, and I'm sure one day you'll be able to do the same.

Relax about the interview. Yes, a professional looking resume is important, but not as important as how professional you look and act. Marilyn's suggestion about checking to see how much people in your area and field make, is a good one. If you have prior experience in day care, then you might have some idea what is reasonable, but I would think that a church day care center might not be able to pay as much as a for profit day care center. Another good answer for the question of money is saying it is negotiable based upon other benefits. That way, you don't take yourself out of the running by asking for too much.

There is no sin in taking a minute to think of your answers to questions. You don't have to shout out the first answer that comes to your mind. Try to maintain eye contact so that the interviewer knows you heard him or her, but then take a second to reflect about what the right answer for you is.

You want to seem confident, but not cocky. Try to show your interest in the job--if you really are interested in it--but don't seem too eager. And if during the interview, you feel the position isn't suited for you, you could always tell the interviewer that. It will certainly save everyone time.

Good luck!

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 9:55 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I'm sorry you feel so bad right now, but like Debbie said, most of us have experienced crazy families. I could write a book on how dysfunctional my family is. But, at some point I just decided I wasn't going to let it affect me, and I'm sure one day you'll be able to do the same.

Relax about the interview. Yes, a professional looking resume is important, but not as important as how professional you look and act. Marilyn's suggestion about checking to see how much people in your area and field make, is a good one. If you have prior experience in day care, then you might have some idea what is reasonable, but I would think that a church day care center might not be able to pay as much as a for profit day care center. Another good answer for the question of money is saying it is negotiable based upon other benefits. That way, you don't take yourself out of the running by asking for too much.

There is no sin in taking a minute to think of your answers to questions. You don't have to shout out the first answer that comes to your mind. Try to maintain eye contact so that the interviewer knows you heard him or her, but then take a second to reflect about what the right answer for you is.

You want to seem confident, but not cocky. Try to show your interest in the job--if you really are interested in it--but don't seem too eager. And if during the interview, you feel the position isn't suited for you, you could always tell the interviewer that. It will certainly save everyone time.

Good luck!

Cheryl

Thanks!!! you brought some good points too..I belive it will be for part time..I think thats what i did last time took few mintes to think over questions...I think my problem was my mother was kind of making me more nevorse then i was already.lol
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 10:15 pm

I'm sorry to hear things seem so dark for you right now :( As others have said, no family is perfect, I could probably write a book on dysfunctional families too. It's just about getting through it yourself and not letting it change who you are. Being shy can seem like a drawback at times (believe me, I'm the same way and I'm always nervous and shy in new/unfamiliar situations), but I think just smiling, even if you're too shy to say anything, can be helpful and lets people know you're kind and friendly.

Job interviews are always nerve racking, I don't think there's any way around it. As Cheryl said, think carefully before you speak and you will be all right. I know it sounds easy, but don't become too stressed about about it. As you get older, you'll find that you will go on more interviews and they will get easier to face.

And don't be so hard on yourself - you're a great person! As long as you're happy with yourself, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Just be happy being you :)

resumes------I'am going crazy ChristinaKeeper2 resumes------I'am going crazy 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 10:26 pm

AWWWWWW,Thanks christina...I guess i have no reason to be stressed out...Yeah i guess i just have 2 get used to going on them..Mybe in my mind my worring is making more mad then it is..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 10:29 pm

I think i feel better now!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : resumes------I'am going crazy Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 10:35 pm

And try not to take the depression to heart. Even though it may seem bad right now, it will get better. I had problems with depression when I was your age. Looking back, it's amazing when I think how grim the world looked, and how it seemed like things couldn't possibly get better. But things don't stay the same. Your body chemistry changes and your view of yourself and your life changes right along with it.

Someday you'll look back at this time and laugh. Promise! Laughing
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : resumes------I'am going crazy Party010

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 10:52 pm

Rob wrote:
And try not to take the depression to heart. Even though it may seem bad right now, it will get better. I had problems with depression when I was your age. Looking back, it's amazing when I think how grim the world looked, and how it seemed like things couldn't possibly get better. But things don't stay the same. Your body chemistry changes and your view of yourself and your life changes right along with it.

Rob is not a doctor, but he plays one on tv grinsmiley

Good advice there Rob. I agree completely.
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 11:02 pm

Rob wrote:

I agree.

Good Luck!

resumes------I'am going crazy KEEPERBRENDAresumes------I'am going crazy 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 11:17 pm

I was extremely shy in high school, so I can relate to that aspect.
Anyhoo, I'm not the world's best when it comes to interviews. I may look great on paper, but sometimes I can become a babbling idiot.
I haven't updated my resume in quite a while and I haven't done many job searches lately, so I can't offer too many words of advice except relax, be positive, etc.
I'm gonna share something with the lot of you...the job I have now at the newspaper...when I interviewed for it (over the phone mind you, I lived 5 hours away at the time), I was wearing my flannelly cat pajamas. I was offered the job too in the same phone call. And I'm still at it eight years later.
But my job is cool...got to interview one of the Oak Ridge Boys last week.
~C
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 11:23 pm

flatbroke wrote:
Rob wrote:

Okay Larry, that gave me a mild chuckle, but still not LMAO.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : resumes------I'am going crazy Happy010

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 12:09 am

sweetheart wrote:
I think i feel better now!!!!

I'm glad you're feeling better Krissy. Everyone has given you some good advice so ditto to what they all said. If you need help with your resume, maybe I can help too, just send me an email w/ copy of your resume so I can take a look at it.

We're here for you. :rainbowfaces:

resumes------I'am going crazy Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : resumes------I'am going crazy Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 6:57 am

CindyV wrote:
...when I interviewed for it (over the phone mind you, I lived 5 hours away at the time), I was wearing my flannelly cat pajamas. I was offered the job too in the same phone call. And I'm still at it eight years later.

I was wearing flannelly cat pajamas when I interviewed for my first job. Unfortunately it wasn't a phone interview. They didn't hire me. The fluffy pink bunny slippers might have been a little over the top.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 7:14 am

You're too funny Rob.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 9:23 am

Rob wrote:
CindyV wrote:
...when I interviewed for it (over the phone mind you, I lived 5 hours away at the time), I was wearing my flannelly cat pajamas. I was offered the job too in the same phone call. And I'm still at it eight years later.

I was wearing flannelly cat pajamas when I interviewed for my first job. Unfortunately it wasn't a phone interview. They didn't hire me. The fluffy pink bunny slippers might have been a little over the top.

oh my lol...sorry u did't get the job.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 10:02 am

I've always been very shy too and always hated job interviews. I was ridiculously shy when I was younger, so something like a job interview was highly anxiety provoking.

These days I still have my moments where I am shy and I still get some form of anxiety over a job interview. I think most people do. But at my last job interview I was surprisingly relaxed, was just myself and just answered the questions as best as I could and it went really well.

Most interviewers are going to understand that you are nervous. It is a normal reaction.

Having already taken a course will help you get a job in the childcare field and like Marilyn mentioned, going to school and getting more education is always a plus. I'm going to school to earn a degree in early childhood and though I've had many years experience working in the field, going to school has given me a confidence that I didn't have before.

I'm sorry to hear about the depression you are going through. I remember going through a very dark period when I was in my late teens. Some days it seemed almost too much just to get out of bed in the morning. But, thankfully, the feeling eventually passed and things got so much better. Though there are still ups and downs all throughout life, my life today is so full and has so much happiness, that I wouldn't change a thing. It really does get better. And it does help to talk about it. Find a friend you can confide in at least. Or, a trusted adult is even better. Hang in there in there.

resumes------I'am going crazy PamKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 10:15 am

bethandmanly wrote:
flatbroke wrote:
Rob wrote:

Okay Larry, that gave me a mild chuckle, but still not LMAO.

I hope so..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 10:51 am

pamh36 wrote:
I've always been very shy too and always hated job interviews. I was ridiculously shy when I was younger, so something like a job interview was highly anxiety provoking.

These days I still have my moments where I am shy and I still get some form of anxiety over a job interview. I think most people do. But at my last job interview I was surprisingly relaxed, was just myself and just answered the questions as best as I could and it went really well.

Most interviewers are going to understand that you are nervous. It is a normal reaction.

Having already taken a course will help you get a job in the childcare field and like Marilyn mentioned, going to school and getting more education is always a plus. I'm going to school to earn a degree in early childhood and though I've had many years experience working in the field, going to school has given me a confidence that I didn't have before.

I'm sorry to hear about the depression you are going through. I remember going through a very dark period when I was in my late teens. Some days it seemed almost too much just to get out of bed in the morning. But, thankfully, the feeling eventually passed and things got so much better. Though there are still ups and downs all throughout life, my life today is so full and has so much happiness, that I wouldn't change a thing. It really does get better. And it does help to talk about it. Find a friend you can confide in at least. Or, a trusted adult is even better. Hang in there in there.

Yeah,,I did stort of tell my cousin last tuesday ,cuz i started crying...My parents were fighting in frount of my cousins& aunt6 uncles...My aunt said she could't help laughing at my mom when she was yelling at my dad!!!That kind of brothered me a little...

Thats cool that you guy are gonna take that too.. I really hope my depression will some how dispeare some day!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 11:50 am

thank you,thank you.thank you Carol for helping me..i feeeeeeeeel so much better now about my resume.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 11:51 am

Can i do anything for you inreturn?
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : resumes------I'am going crazy Happy010

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 1:12 pm

sweetheart wrote:
Can i do anything for you inreturn?

:cookiesign: If you have one... LOL Just kidding..

Nothin in return Krissy, just helping you out. Wink

resumes------I'am going crazy Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 2:30 pm

LOL...COOLIE.....i WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPNEDS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: resumes------I'am going crazy   resumes------I'am going crazy Empty

Back to top Go down

resumes------I'am going crazy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next