Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Younger Sister

Go down 
+13
Carol
bethandmanly
JW
Gin
ChristinaAL
Vanesa
Alice
Lori
Amy
pamh36
Teresa
Savannah
Rhonda
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : My Younger Sister - Page 2 Purple2

My Younger Sister - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Received this email from my niece.....she is Shelly's youngest daughter...... pray

She is at Cedars-Sinai now. She got there Saturday. I went to visit today since it is local for me. She is stable with the IV medications. She has lost some weight due to the inability to get/keep food down and her arms are all bruised from the needles for blood and IV. Wednesday at 8:15am is her surgery. It is orthoscopic. Apparently the kidney tumor is about the size of a golf ball and is pumping out a bunch of toxins into her body causing all kinds of problems. They anticipate that she will be released by the weekend.
Becca

My Younger Sister - Page 2 Rhonda10My Younger Sister - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:07 am

Praying for Shelly and your family. I hope the surgery goes well and she will be home soon! {{hugs}}

My Younger Sister - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 My Younger Sister - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : My Younger Sister - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:52 am

Hope Shellu could be released completely cured. These tumor, even the benign ones, are the worsest things we could have inside our bodies. But I see your sister is strong-willed. She'll pull away all of this. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

My Younger Sister - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:53 am

Prayers continue. What a horrible thing to have happen to her.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:17 am

Thanks for the update, Rhonda. Continuing to pray.

My Younger Sister - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : My Younger Sister - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:27 am

Praying still Rhonda. She will do fine.

My Younger Sister - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : My Younger Sister - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Still praying for your sister Rhonda...

My Younger Sister - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:48 pm

AN UPDATE ON SHELLY....... No

Hi everyone! (o; Ok, change of plans...

Shelly is NOT having surgery today. I called her at 6:30 this morning to talk to her before she went in, and she said, at 7:30 last night, they informed her they would not be doing the surgery right away, due to her weak condition. They are sending her home for a week or two, they have her stable now and on meds, last 2 days. They want her to do nothing!( I will be going up there to help till her surgery, and I'm sure a few days afterward ) She has to rest and let her body recover, so she will be strong enough for surgery and her heart will tolerate the anesthesia. They will be checking on her daily. Her heart is fine, no permanent damage, just needs to rest from the stress it's been under since this little bugger has been in charge these last couple years. The doctor described her tumor as her own little meth lab, pumping out stress hormones whenever it gets angry. Shelly said when they remove it, they will clip the outgoing blood supply, slip it into a "baggie", then clip the inbound blood supply.
I'll go ahead and send this out for now. She told me a buncha stuff, I'm sure I'm forgetting something. If I think of anything significant, I will pass it on.

Please keep her in your prayers, she REALLY REALLY appreciates that. We will let you know when the surgery gets rescheduled.

Love and HUGS!!
~ Andrea (o;

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My Younger Sister - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Thanks for the update, Rhonda. I'm sorry to hear that they've had to postpone surgery, but I'm glad that they're being careful about her being able to withstand the surgery. It takes so much out of a person! Prayers for strength for her! (And that she'll rest up while she's at home.)
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:59 am

I understand she needs to be stronger to face surgery...but if the tumor is giving her so many troubles it should be better to take it away quickly. The faster they did it, the better your sister will be.

I'll be praying for Shelly. I know how much she must be needing it.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 7:28 am

I too am glad they are being cautious and and are giving her some time to build her strength before surgery. I'll continue to pray.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:01 am

Sorry to hear that they had to postpone her surgery. Have a safe trip. I hope and pray all goes well.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:41 am

Best to err on the side of caution. You sister is going to have the most awesome nurse and I am sure you will take good care of her. I don't know what I would have done without the strong women in my life. My Mom and sisters have been gifts to me through my journey. Prayers still coming and those drugs are wonderful, I'm still on antibiotics myself.

Love and Blessings,
Lorrie

My Younger Sister - Page 2 Dd4
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks for all the prayers, but please know it is my youngest sister that will be staying with Shelly, not me.......I can't afford to travel to California at this time, altho I would love to be there to help in her care....... loveheart

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 2:33 pm

SHe's got to gain that strength so she can heal later. Glad you can be with her....make her watch LH!

My Younger Sister - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:26 pm

My youngest sister will be with her after the surgery.....I can't go....no $$$ for traveling... No

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Spoke for an hour and a half last night with my sister....she is doing well, tired, but well and glad to be home....now she is waiting for doctors orders to come back for surgery.....thanks for your continued prayers...... Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : My Younger Sister - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 4:13 pm

am glad ur sister is doing well..she's like to have a nice sister like u.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:11 am

Hope Shelly is preparing well for her surgery. Your other sister must be a great nurse, I think...and being at home is just awesome. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:22 pm

Praying for Shelly. I hope she can get some rest before her surgery. {{hugs}}

My Younger Sister - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 My Younger Sister - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Received an email from my sister Shelly about her surgery.....it came after I had been to the library, so it was a shock when I saw it this morning.....So...she has already had the surgery or is still having it......please pray for fast recovery.....thanks.... pray

Same day:
Tuesday 15MAR11
NEW time:
Check in: 5:15am
Surgery: 7:15am

They just called to tell me they swapped out my surgery time for another patients time. I guess there was a chance of complications with the other surgery & they didn't want my time bumped and cause the wait to be extended. So I get to takes cuts in line.... first surgery of the day

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My Younger Sister - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:40 pm

I'm praying, Rhonda!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:26 pm

I hope things went well today.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Sorry I missed this earlier....I hope everything went ok too.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:32 am

Oh! Sorry, I know I'm late to answer it, since I nly came here once a day (I must have said "a night"). I supposed your sister surgery would not take place so soon...Please keep us updated, Rhonda. I wil pray for your sister quick recovery.

Vanesa. pray

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Younger Sister   My Younger Sister - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Younger Sister
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next