Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Especially for Tigers fans!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Especially for Tigers fans! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Especially for Tigers fans! Happy010

Especially for Tigers fans! Empty
PostSubject: Especially for Tigers fans!   Especially for Tigers fans! EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Ernie Harwell was "The Voice of Summer" to those of us who grew up as Tigers fans. He was the broadcaster for the Detroit Tigers for years and years, and would make the game come alive before your eyes even if you were listening to the game on the radio. Especially for Tigers fans! 6472 And apart from his talent for bringing the game to life, he was a man who lived his life in a way so that no matter who you talked to, they only had good things to say about him, and fond memories of time spent with him. Ernie died of cancer last May at the age of 92, and this week, a new play will open that pays tribute to Ernie and his legacy. Especially for Tigers fans! 6472 Here's a link about it:

Click

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Especially for Tigers fans! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Especially for Tigers fans!   Especially for Tigers fans! EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Oh, cool! I didn't know that was Mitch Albom's latest project.

I miss Ernie's voice during the summer. And from what I've heard, there was no finer gentleman.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Especially for Tigers fans! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Especially for Tigers fans!   Especially for Tigers fans! EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 9:55 pm

I just emailed my dad this link....I hope he will consider going with a buddy of his! My dad met Ernie about 6 or 7 years ago---one of the finest moments of his life, I kid you not. And you're right Rob...my dad could not stop talking about what an amazing person he was. He treated my dad like an old friend. The framed picture of my dad and him is definitely one of his most prized possessions. Especially for Tigers fans! 811339

Thanks for sharing this Savannah! Especially for Tigers fans! 70708
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Especially for Tigers fans!   Especially for Tigers fans! Empty

Back to top Go down

Especially for Tigers fans!
Page 1 of 1