Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A very moving Day

Go down 
+4
Amy
Savannah
Rob
LIWnut
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : A very moving Day Cloud910

A very moving Day Empty
PostSubject: A very moving Day   A very moving Day EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:39 pm

This morning I stood in line with thousands of others on the streets of Newmarket, ON to pay my respects to a fallen police officer, killed in the line of duty last Tuesday. He had stopped a speeding van which was driven by a 15 year old boy. The boy then struck the officer, rolled the van and pinned the officer underneath the vechile. A very sensless accident, the officer didn't deserve to die.
There were 3 other teens in the van with him. 15 is too young to drive here, this kid should have been in bed.

The service was attended by apporx 8000 police and rescue responders from Canada, USA and many other countries. As I stood at the end of the procession and watched the hearse go by I was thinking of this man's small children. He had a 2 1/2 year old daughter and a 9 week old son. They will not remember today but I pray that Merideth remembers that her daddy loved her.

Please take the time to read the following news report and next time you see a rescue responder (police, ambulance attendant, fireman etc) thank them for putting their lives on the line to make our world a safer place.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/thousands-cops-public-expected-honour-officer-killed-traffic-080011946.html

A very moving Day MarilynKeeper A very moving Day Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : A very moving Day Goodsi10

A very moving Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A very moving Day   A very moving Day EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Such a sad story, Marilyn. No
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
A very moving Day Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : A very moving Day Happy010

A very moving Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A very moving Day   A very moving Day EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:55 pm

{{{Marilyn}}} What a tragedy. No Bless your heart for going and paying your respect, Marilyn. I know that must have meant a lot to the family.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : A very moving Day Love-s10

A very moving Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A very moving Day   A very moving Day EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:46 pm

Oh wow Marilyn, that IS sad. No Such a senseless tragedy. The boy driving the van will have to live with this the rest of his life too. Blue He obviously panicked and made a very bad decision.

Wonderful that so many people came to show their respects, from different countries at that. So nice that you went as well. I can imagine it was a very moving day. (((HUGS)))
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : A very moving Day Cloud910

A very moving Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A very moving Day   A very moving Day EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks everyone.
Amy, the 15 year old boy's very bad decision was to get behind the wheel of the car in the first place. Here in Ontario drivers have to be 16 to get their beginners driving permit. Then they have to go through years (not sure how many) of driving with more experienced drivers before they can drive alone. This kid planned the day before and bragged at school the day before about his plan for his joy ride.
We don't know much about the others in the van except a girl in the back seat. Not sure how old she was but she claimed that she didn't know that he was only 15. She complained on her facebook page that she was being rediculed and being make to feel guilty. Her mother also posted on the fb page and told people to leave her daughter alone, she was innocent. If she was so innocent, why was she in the car before 5am in the morning when this accident happened. I am so angry at this mother. I think she should be hog tied for not keeping her teen at home. She and the others shold have been in bed!!

Please pray for Melissa Styles and her children Meredith and Nolan. Garrett will be sooo missed.
My mother knows Melissa's family. She knew her grandmother and her father when he was just a small boy. I guess having this small connection with the family makes me so upset that this has happened.

A very moving Day MarilynKeeper A very moving Day Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : A very moving Day Happy010

A very moving Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A very moving Day   A very moving Day EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Very very sad!! No

A very moving Day Alexke11
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

A very moving Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A very moving Day   A very moving Day EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:19 am

Very sad. Blue

A very moving Day PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : A very moving Day Party010

A very moving Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A very moving Day   A very moving Day EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 3:30 am

Man, that's messed up. I take driving seriously, and can't understand why more don't.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : A very moving Day Bokmal10

A very moving Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A very moving Day   A very moving Day EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 12:35 am

What an awful story. I heard about it while I was in NC. Talk about a bad decision you'll have to live with for the rest of your life. This family will be in my prayers.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

A very moving Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A very moving Day   A very moving Day Empty

Back to top Go down

A very moving Day
Page 1 of 1