Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Facebook getting old?

Go down 
+6
Honeybee
Joe
Pepsi
Vanesa
Rhonda
Carol
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Facebook getting old? Happy010

Facebook getting old? Empty
PostSubject: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 6:24 pm

For me it seems to be... Blue
I got the Facebook blues I guess LOL

Facebook getting old? Facebook

Seriously... the first time I joined I was obsessed but used it so much that I got burned out. I took a 5 month break and reactivated it again... but after being on it again... I just don't see it the same way I used to.

Now when I see people whip out their phones to "check-in" at certain places so all their friends on Facebook can know... well it looks a little silly to me lol
I guess it's too much over share. 99.5% of the updates status are boring or I don't care... I DON'T care to read them... lol I admit that I haven't updated my status as much as before because I find what I have to say boring as well so I don't post LOL.

I don't care who becomes friends with who or what page you like...

I miss the time when you would run into an old friend and get all excited and talk about all that's been happening in your life... laughing and catching up. Now... that doesn't happen hardly. A few days ago I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a long time but there was no excitement as she is one that posts her entire life on Facebook and there is nothing left to talk about lol What's worse... you get tired of reading the posts and that negative feeling surfaces a little when seeing her. Not cool lol

So... with that being said... I did a major clean-up and SINCE I ALREADY TALK TO YOU HERE on the forum (the ones that are regular in the forum at least), I don't see the need to speak to the same people at another site. It is NOTHING personal if I take you off my list. I just wanted to give you a heads up if you notice I am no longer in your list.

I think after the major friend editing... I'll be left with 20 people... but that's okay lol

Facebook getting old? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Facebook getting old? Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Carol, I understand where you are coming from.....At times I feel like people are wanting to "Friend" you just so they can add to their list, like it's a contest of who can have the most friends or something....I was even added to the group of people where I grew up in San Bernardino, and at first, it was fun to remember past times there, but after being on it for a week or two, the threads started to repeat and it was ridiculous.....people were NOT using the "Search" tool to see what had been posted and you would have new people coming in posting what had already been posted.....I finally left the group..... Facebook getting old? 279394

And if you cleaned up your FB and my name got deleted, no problems.....I can bug you through text messages!!!! Facebook getting old? 440956

Facebook getting old? Rhonda10Facebook getting old? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:26 pm

Well it's just that I already speak with a lot of you here... and that is the one and only reason. It's not that I considered posts from you guys boring... as you know I replied to them but a lot of other people... yes. Unnecessary info! Stuff like:

just got up
Eating dinner with so and so (So? lol)
It's Friday!! TGIF
Case of the Mondays (I have seen this one almost every Monday lol)
*Overdoing it on posting song lyrics*
shower
(Any trip) in 2 weeks!! (and countdown begins... )
work work work
O-H!
i love [person] so much <3>
*Or people posting one word status updates like "Really?!" banghead

Yawn

One of my friends I see everyday got the axe (lol) because she stopped using Facebook as well so why have her... I already see her everyday lol

I was also getting added to some religion groups of the same subject! I left 2 of them because looks like I was getting the same information like 4 times.

Anyway, I still see you guys on the LHOTP forum group & Miss Beadle's Class AND on here AND... through texting/instant messaging on some of you greenS Wave

Facebook getting old? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Facebook getting old? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Yes, Carol. I understand where are you going...Yes; I feel just the same than you. I use Facebook , but not so often. I'm only active in a group like this one, in which me and some of my friends discusses an old Argentinian TV show very similar to LHOTP.

Vanesa.

Facebook getting old? Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Pepsi
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Pepsi

Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:55 pm

I'm sixteen and had a Facebook account for about a year. I liked it at first, I guess, but then I realized that it was being used as a ''get more popular'' device by my peers...so I quit. I feel like the only teen in the world not to have FB, and my friends tease me for it...but frankly, I like it much better this way.

I remember the time I knew what happiness was...let the memory live again.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Facebook getting old? Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:23 am

I fear for our future if facebook is the new frontier.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Facebook getting old? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Facebook getting old? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:47 am

I only go to facebook, to played dames, chat on groups, I join. If, any new news about me. I will post. I dont post, Im taking a shower, going out, & etc... I only add people I know, people I know from other forum, I used to be in.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Facebook getting old? Party010

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:42 am

I guess I'm the salt in the wound. I use fb frequently. In fact, it caused a major event (in a small town like mine) to occur this past weekend.

But I never forget this place. And if you've removed me Carol, I understand. I've got a lot of "friends", but most all I've known a long time. If you haven't, why bother, hey? *wink*
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Facebook getting old? Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:50 am

I know what you mean. I understand that. I have a friend who post really silly and random "sayings". & it's always the same people commenting on them. I see people who have like 300 friends.I doub that the person talks to all of them.

I have only the cloest people i know online on My FB. I have like 55 people on my list.

I joined this group on FB of my fav singer. (a lot of the people belong to the forum) anway's so i would keep getting friends request from all theses people.i'm not being rude or anything.But i don't want them all on my FB friends list. I hardly know them enough. & don't talk with them much. One request i ingored. I got a PM from the person asking when i'm gonna add them
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:10 am

Funny you brought that up Krissy. You make a good point. I've often thought I have too many.

But then, each person on my list is there for a reason. Maybe we haven't met face to face recently, a lot never, but we have a strong trait of one sort or another we share. I ran across an old friend last night whom I'd known under one name, but he'd went back to his Native American name as a venerated elder of the Lakota tribe. He was a friend and brother, still is. Others I know just cuz we went to the same school, though at different times, and it's interesting to me to hear their stories and vice versa.

But it's not something I recommend for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:27 am

I have people like my aunts and some of mine cousins. close friends. few friends i've known from school.some i talk to too lol

and few close online friends.

sometimes i get ppl who maybe not nice to me in school or never talked to me.Then add me.talk to me once and that's it.lol
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:58 am

I'm of the opinion if they have nothing to say to me, I have nothing to say to them. Sounds like you could delete everybody on line 3 of your post. lol
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:03 pm

LOL. yeah i know.I did that. Deleted the people who didn't talk. Smile lol

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Facebook getting old? Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:19 pm

Joe wrote:

Try saying that three times fast. Facebook getting old? 440956
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:35 pm

Rob wrote:
Joe wrote:

Try saying that three times fast. Facebook getting old? 440956

I can! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook getting old?   Facebook getting old? Empty

Back to top Go down

Facebook getting old?
Page 1 of 1