Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)

Go down 
+18
Shell
Prairie Dweller
Teresa
Davidccl
Krissy
Gin
Rob
pamh36
JW
Harrietfan
Amy
Lori
alexczarn
bethandmanly
Vanesa
Rhonda
Savannah
HarrisonCrosby4387
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Headac10

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:39 pm

I'M so sorry! Blue Least it shows you have nice caring friends.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:24 pm

Beckie, I'm sorry I missed this latest post....glad to hear the fundraiser went well, but sorry that your brother isn't doing well. I'm sure that was tough for him to have to leave early! I am praying for his strength! (((Hugs))) to you, Beckie....it has to be so hard to watch your brother go through this.No
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:29 pm

Continued prayers Beckie.... Smiley Hug

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Thanks again everyone. He had a scan Friday. Results Monday! Let's hope and pray there was some improvement!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 12:37 am

I'll be praying for him, my dear! pray

Vanesa.

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Thank you so much!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:07 pm

will do

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:50 am

I am very sad to announce that my brother's cancer has spread to his pancreas and he has two brain tumors. He said there is nothing they can do for pancreatic cancer. He came over yesterday and informed us they told him he has 6 to 8 months. He is such a brave man. I really admire and love him. This is very hard for me. I am so very broken hearted. :*( I did not think it was going to spread like it did. I had confidence that he was going to get better. He said that all the chemo and things they did to him made it spread. He explained how that happens. He feels that the cancer was not from smoking, but from working with asbestos and other hazardous materials from his work. He said he will possibly have seizures, could lose his sight, and or become paralyzed. OhMy bawling

He seems so strong and has come to terms with his situation. He said he is not afraid to die. He went to a funeral home to make arrangements. He is getting a Make A Wish trip to the Grand Canyon. He will be going on a narrated helicopter tour.

Part of me has a bit of denial, but I mostly know that it will not turn the way we wanted it to. I find myself crying often. Every time I hear a sad song I break down. I had to leave church early because they were singing a song that had me to upset. :*( I feel so horrible for his wife and 3 kids. He told his kids individually the situation. He also has a grand daughter that is a few months old. For a few days, he and his wife did not talk to anyone and wanted to be left alone, which is totally understandable. There are not enough words to explain how I feel. I ask that all of you pray for him and our families strength and that he does not suffer to much during his time. Please pray for a possible miracle. No matter what I have total faith in God that he will do what is best. Even if it's not what we want, he knows what to do. I want to thank everyone for your kinds thoughts, prayers, and friendship thus far. Love you guys. loveheart

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Blue bawling i'M so sorry to here about this sad news.Must not be easy. Smiley Hug loveheart

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks Krissy. No it sure is not easy. :(

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 3:09 pm

You'r welcome.hope you will get to spend lots of time with him.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 3:27 pm

So sorry to hear this Beckie. Make good memories and hold them close. They will get you through it all. Love and prayers.

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 4:58 pm

I am so sorry about this!

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:07 pm

So sorry to hear about this, Beckie. We'll be praying. Where there's life, there's hope. Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 410460
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Oh Beckie, I am so terribly sorry. No My heart aches. I will definitely be praying, for your brother and for all of you. Please come here whenever you need to vent. Wish I could give you a 'real' hug....please know that we are here for you during this difficult time. I know you will treasure each day! (((HUGS)))
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Beckie, I am so sorry that your brother's cancer has spread. I feel so sad for him and his family. He sounds like such a brave person. He will be in my prayers, as will you and your family. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Oh, Beckie!! I am so terribly sorry to hear this news. I can't imagine what a difficult time this is for all of you, and to me, the feeling of denial is normal. It is so much to bear. Your brother does sound like he is very brave. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. {{{BECKIE}}}

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Thank you for all of your love and kind words. :*)

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Beckie, It has taken me all day to think of words to say, but I have none. I hate this disease and what it does to people and their families. Please know you are in my prayers and praying for comfort as you and your family deal with this. Blue

Sent you a PM.

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Rhonda10Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Oh Beckie I am So So Sorry, I Know how you feel once the Doctors tell your brother there is nothing they can do is a Very Help Less feeling, My Heart Aches for you Smiley Hug I am only a PM away if you need anything

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Jacobk10Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Oh Beckie, I'm so very sorry. Please know that we're all here for you, and that we're praying. Your brother sounds like a very brave man, indeed. I'll be praying for strength, grace and continued courage for you and your family through this. Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 410460
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks once again for your kind words. I find myself crying off and on at different times.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Beckie, Your brother is in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Thank you. :)

I find myself thinking often that I wish I could trade places with him. Blue

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:18 pm

I'm so sorry Smiley Hug I'll be praying for your brother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next