Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dabbs Greer Passes Away

Go down 
+10
Melissa
Rhonda
bethandmanly
Amy
ChristinaAL
Savannah
LIWnut
Carol
Debbie
LHDaisy
14 posters
AuthorMessage

Dabbs Greer Passes Away Empty
PostSubject: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 8:15 am

I copied this from PT.

Dabbs Greer (NBC, Revered Alden) passed away last evening at 9 p.m., Saturday, April 28th. Susan McCray, casting director for the original Little House on the Prairie had the following to say about his passing "We are all saddened by the passing of our beloved Revered Alden but he will live on in our hearts forever. He had a great impact on those who were and are fans of "Little House on the Prairie" Michael never ceased to be emotionally affected by his dramatic scenes as we all were. Dabbs had an incredible career and lived a joyous life. We will miss him terribly."

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Blue
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 9:00 am

It's so sad, he will be missed. He sure was a great guy. I will keep his family in my prayers during this difficult time.

RIP mr. Greer, we will never forget you!
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Dabbs Greer Passes Away Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 9:26 am

I'm so sad to hear this news.. He was a wonderful man! I just recently had written him a letter, and he very kindly responded back to me with an autograph.. I am so happy I was able to write to him and let him know what a wonderful actor he was.. His family is in my thoughts and prayers... He will be greatly missed..
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Dabbs Greer Passes Away Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 10:23 am

Blue He will be missed. May he rest in peace.

Dabbs Greer Passes Away Horses10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Dabbs Greer Passes Away Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 10:27 am

Debbie you are so lucky. I aspire to write letters to the actors but never get it done. I won an auction on ebay for a scirpt of The Last Farewell that belonged to Dabbs. He signed the inside front page. It is only a photocopy but a cherished editon for my LH library.
I am so thankful that we have an interview with him on the dvd's. He will be missed but remembered.

Dabbs Greer Passes Away MarilynKeeper Dabbs Greer Passes Away Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Dabbs Greer Passes Away Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 12:51 pm

What sad news. Blue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 9:52 pm

How sad. Watching him on the show I forget he is playing a part and I find myself wanting to talk to him as if he was a real Reverand. May he rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 11:18 pm

What sad news :( He will be missed by many.

Dabbs Greer Passes Away ChristinaKeeper2 Dabbs Greer Passes Away 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Dabbs Greer Passes Away Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyWed May 02, 2007 10:02 am

What a loss. He lived a good long life though. I really think he was one of THE best actors of Little House....he was such a natural---you really forgot that he was playing a character!

Interesting that he never married or had children. Blue

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Dabbs Greer Passes Away Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyWed May 02, 2007 11:44 am

I couldn't believe that when I read it, Amy. Of all the people I could see as a doting grandfather, Dabbs Greer was one of them. Too bad. I wonder who will be left to carry on his legacy.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Dabbs Greer Passes Away Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyWed May 02, 2007 11:53 am

No So sad of this news, it has just now started to trickle into the news media. Here is an obituary I found online.

Dabbs Greer Obituary

Dabbs Greer Passes Away Rhonda10Dabbs Greer Passes Away Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Melissa

Number of posts : 561

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyThu May 03, 2007 3:38 pm

Oh man, I am so saddened by this news. He was one of my favorite characters on Little House. He was be greatly missed.

Dabbs Greer Passes Away MelissaKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyThu May 03, 2007 9:57 pm

He always seemed like such a sweet man. I'm sure everyone whose life he has touched will miss him greatly. :(

Dabbs Greer Passes Away ChristinaKeeper2 Dabbs Greer Passes Away 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyFri May 04, 2007 12:48 pm

I feel like the last to know... I just read a small notice about Dabbs Greer's passing. Thank goodness his talent will live on in future showings of LHOTP and in repeat episodes of the many other TV programs that featured him as a guest star. I especially like seeing him pop up on "Gunsmoke" and
the 1950's "Adventures of Superman."

Blue
Back to top Go down
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

Number of posts : 3584
Mood : Dabbs Greer Passes Away Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyFri May 04, 2007 9:50 pm

Rest in Peace is well deserved for a class act. Dabbs Greer was a strong asset to "Little House on the Prairie." My deepest sympathies.
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptySat May 05, 2007 3:42 pm

RIP Mr. Greer. We will miss you and we will never forget you.
Dabbs Greer Passes Away Rev6
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Dabbs Greer Passes Away Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptySat May 05, 2007 4:27 pm

I'm only catching up with this sad news now as I haven't been here for a while. What a sad loss. I love the picture of Dabbs at the top of the page. His smile was a joy to see and he had a real spiritual aura about him which made him truly ideal in his role as Reverend Alden. God Bless you, Dabbs. I hope you're now dancing with the angels!

Dabbs Greer Passes Away MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptySat May 05, 2007 11:54 pm

I am like you and so sad to hear this. I did think of him, Doc Baker and Mr. Hansen sitting in heaven talking and playing checkers though... ;)
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptySun May 06, 2007 6:45 am

joanmac wrote:
I am like you and so sad to hear this. I did think of him, Doc Baker and Mr. Hansen sitting in heaven talking and playing checkers though... ;)

Oh that is a very sweet thought!
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyMon May 07, 2007 9:07 pm

rest in piece reverend alden... you will be missed
Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I'll remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears, then don't remember me at all

Dabbs Greer Passes Away GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptySat May 12, 2007 4:24 pm

Dabs Greer did a wonderful job as Reverend Alden. He was one of the many supporting characters on the show that I enjoyed. Rest in Peace.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptySat May 12, 2007 8:23 pm

he also starred in the green mile Dabbs Greer ... Old Paul Edgecomb

Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyFri May 18, 2007 8:53 am

charles ingalls wrote:
he also starred in the green mile Dabbs Greer ... Old Paul Edgecomb

The Green Mile is a wonderful movie.
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away EmptyFri May 18, 2007 2:06 pm

sure is

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dabbs Greer Passes Away   Dabbs Greer Passes Away Empty

Back to top Go down

Dabbs Greer Passes Away
Page 1 of 1