Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Let's go walking!

Go down 
+4
Amy
Krissy
Rhonda
Carol
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Let's go walking!  Happy010

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:50 pm

A great video Thumbsup

Let's go walking!  Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Let's go walking!  Purple2

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:15 pm

SO TRUE!!! Thumbsup

Let's go walking!  Rhonda10Let's go walking!  Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Let's go walking!  Headac10

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:35 pm

very true.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Let's go walking!  Love-s10

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:49 pm

Fantastic! Applause I know walking has changed my life. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Let's go walking!  Headac10

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:56 am

Walking is the most health why to lose weight.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Okay folks. I started walking today. Drinking more water. Hoping to lose a few lbs that are stuck to parts that used to be more girly. Stay on me....I need to hear your voices in this Texas heat!

Let's go walking!  Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Let's go walking!  Cloud910

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:38 pm

I dearly wish that I could walk. I spent a lot of time over the past 5 years walking and it helped me to loose about 60lbs. But over the past year I am have been in too much pain from the medical problems I have been dealing with. Hopefully someday soon I can get back to it. That's my ME TIME.

Let's go walking!  MarilynKeeper Let's go walking!  Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:36 am

Ya, Marilyn I hope you can too soon. I need this as much as for stress reduction as much as losing lbs. I am enjoying the mornings walking and then in the evenings I take Heidi with me. For her it beat those nails down so we don't have to go get them clipped as often. She will not allow us to clip them. Its also helping her middle section too. lol

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Let's go walking!  Cloud910

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:07 am

I absolutely LOVE walking. I try and take an hour walk everyday with my dog Esther who I think enjoys it even more than I! Smile I also include jogging and running into that hour or so. It always makes me feel great. If I'm upset or mad, I just turn on my music and start going. Always feel better when I come back inside. Same thing with biking. Working out is a great stress reliever I found out!

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Let's go walking!  JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Gin wrote:
Okay folks. I started walking today. Drinking more water. Hoping to lose a few lbs that are stuck to parts that used to be more girly. Stay on me....I need to hear your voices in this Texas heat!

Good for you, Gin! Thumbsup My walking 'class' is on hiatus for the summer, so I guess I'll just have to walk around the neighborhood! grinsmiley It definitely is a stress reliever, I agree. I miss it when I don't go. I am starting swim aerobics on Monday....we'll see how that goes! Whistle
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Let's go walking!  Purple2

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 pm

I have been to a chiropractor and she took xrays of my spine. If you recall, I had whiplash from December, 2009. She could see that without me telling her, by looking at those xrays....... she said my neck doesn't have the normal curve that it should have.....so, trying to work on that.....she also found that I am "sway back"; which I did not know.....and it is SO swayed, the disks are pinching on my sciatic nerve....so walking makes it hurt.....I walked the Relay for Life Friday night, a little over 6 miles, and she said I should not have done that.....Anyway.....riding my bike does not bother the sciatica, so I will contine with it......
Let's go walking!  7_9_5

Let's go walking!  Rhonda10Let's go walking!  Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Let's go walking!  Happy011

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:50 am

Gin wrote:

Oh Gin How i love the Texas Heat If only we could trade,

I Started walking too when i got my Dogs But since i work i have try and Walk around my work, But if i don't walk my Dogs then they Seem to Bark Like Crazy Also wouldn't mind being in better shape so Its a good thing i got my dogs to get me out of bed early to go for a walk Smile

Let's go walking!  Jacobk10Let's go walking!  Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:44 am

JW wrote:
Gin wrote:

Oh Gin How i love the Texas Heat If only we could trade,

I Started walking too when i got my Dogs But since i work i have try and Walk around my work, But if i don't walk my Dogs then they Seem to Bark Like Crazy Also wouldn't mind being in better shape so Its a good thing i got my dogs to get me out of bed early to go for a walk Smile

You just gave me an idea, Jacob. Brendan has not found a summer job yet, so I think I'll make him my official dog walker! They'd love that! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:31 am

Yes, great idea Jacob. The mornings are wonderful. Its warm here even then, but we are known for our warm winds. Heidi does enjoy it, and we keep moving if we can get the "bathroom" part out of the way at first. We have a little bridge that is right up from us connecting our neighborhood to our greenbelt trails and she loves to peek over the side to see the turtles.
I am reading Amy Grants biography right now and she tells how without fail she goes outside first thing every morning. She connects with her God and the day He has made for her. Its a great boost and lets you deal with the things that come. Just helps when we have acknowledged the fact that God is with us through every hour.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Gin wrote:
I am reading Amy Grants biography right now and she tells how without fail she goes outside first thing every morning. She connects with her God and the day He has made for her. Its a great boost and lets you deal with the things that come. Just helps when we have acknowledged the fact that God is with us through every hour.

I did that for awhile Gin and it IS a wonderful way to start the day (at least in good weather. Wink ). I am NOT a morning person, so it's very difficult for me, but I do miss those morning walks, when I found my 'get up and go' attitude. It's been a little buried lately, lol, so I'm just going to need to dig it out and dust it off. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 5:43 pm

You need a pin up of Sully at the foot of your bed don't you? I'll have to remedy that.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 7:29 am

Gin! Laughing Yes, that might help. batEyes Actually, I'm up early this morning and am heading out for a walk before it gets hot outside! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Good Job Amy. Its looking like rain here. SO, guess I will try to tonight if it stops. Heidi has been after a fly that got into the house , so she has had her workout already. Oh, to be a dog.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 2:02 am

Sounds like a wonderful book Gin, on those hot summer days i like getting up early to work in the garden till around 11 that way its not so hot and so peaceful Smile

Amy Great Idea but you might not wanna tell Brendan that i gaved you an Idea that that he could be the dog walker Who knows he might come after me lol Laughing

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:56 am

JW wrote:
Amy Great Idea but you might not wanna tell Brendan that i gaved you an Idea that that he could be the dog walker Who knows he might come after me lol Laughing

I'll be sure not to mention any names or locations. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:48 am

I have to say, walking first thing in the morning is wonderful. Sometime early this morning I had a dream of Reagan. This was the guy that I dated in '87 that died in a car accident. He was only in a small clip of the dream...like I was watching him in a home movie. Then the rest of the dream was me with his sister and parents visiting now. Normally, in past years I would have a hard time all day dealing with the dreams or memories, but walking sure knocked out the cobwebs.
The dream has told me its been a very long time. This Oct 10 will be 25 yrs. I wonder sometimes why I dream of him at all when I haven't even thought of him. But I have decided its to remind us of what we have now.
Walking helps the body, but it also helps the mind stay healthy to focus on the day we are in and pursue the good we can do in this day.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Gin wrote:
The dream has told me its been a very long time. This Oct 10 will be 25 yrs. I wonder sometimes why I dream of him at all when I haven't even thought of him. But I have decided its to remind us of what we have now.

That's neat, Gin. I completely agree. yes

Gin wrote:
Walking helps the body, but it also helps the mind stay healthy to focus on the day we are in and pursue the good we can do in this day.

Absolutely. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Yeah quietness is the best for me too when i have had a dream of a loved one who has passed on but they sure can mess up ones day

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Let's go walking!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's go walking!    Let's go walking!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's go walking!
Page 1 of 1