Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Someone please love me.

Go down 
+3
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Vanesa
Krissy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Someone please love me. Headac10

Someone please love me. Empty
PostSubject: Someone please love me.   Someone please love me. EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:51 pm

someone asks charles to help save a family from getting a divorce.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Someone please love me. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Someone please love me.   Someone please love me. EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 11:58 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

It's a good episode, but it seems to be an epie from "Highway to Heaven" rather than LHOTP. Charles is not Charles Ingalls there, but Jonathan Smith! Smile

Vanesa.

Someone please love me. Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Someone please love me.   Someone please love me. EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:54 am

Vanesa wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

It's a good episode, but it seems to be an epie from "Highway to Heaven" rather than LHOTP. Charles is not Charles Ingalls there, but Jonathan Smith! Smile

Vanesa.

Yes,I think i agree. It's a nice thing to do. Glad it had a happy ending tho. This episode is not one of them i watch all the time.Only sometimes.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Someone please love me. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Someone please love me.   Someone please love me. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Vanesa wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

Vanesa.

I totally agree with you on this one

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Someone please love me.   Someone please love me. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:15 pm

I didn't realize when I first watched this, it was a remake of a Bonanza episode (although they did that often) It was "A Dream to Dream" which Charles instructs the children to do in this episode.

http://www.tv.com/shows/bonanza/a-dream-to-dream-98708/

It was more like Highway to Heaven but I liked how it took Charles out of Walnut Grove and had him interact with others as a Dad and husband. You hear Charles talk about baby Charles for the first time in detail and just relax and enjoy the attention he was getting. For me it wasn't as filled with subtle sexual tension like The Handyman, but the point got across that Leslie wanted her husband to be Charles or like him.
I thought it was unlike Charles to say, early on, he could stay as long as needed, no rush to go home, but I guess we all feel like that at times.

For me, the distracting part was seeing the same actress play Samantha that was Alicia Edwards...she was too pretty and prominent not to remember.

My favorite part was this conversation, because I feel it is true:

Leslie: How does a person get that kind of faith?
Charles: By wanting it bad enough.
Thomas: (calling) Mr. Ingalls, we found the dragon! Come see!
Charles: (stands up, then turns and looks back at Leslie) You can even find a dragon if you believe hard enough.

One day I will watch the Bonanza show, I like "Hoss" and it was him that the wife fell for.

Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Someone please love me.   Someone please love me. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:06 pm

I just watched Bonanza's To Dream a Dream on Youtube and it was almost identical to the script Michael used for LHOP. (he did write both) It is a great show with "Hoss" as Charles and Johnnie Whitaker as the young man is adorable.
I actually like the scene after her husband ignores her better in this episode than LHOP but most is very similar.
[img]Someone please love me. 343ptz9[/img]
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Someone please love me.   Someone please love me. EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:41 pm

I've seen that,very sweet, now I want to see the one that is like "A Matter of Faith", when Little Joe gets hurt instead of Caroline.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: SOMEONE PLEASE LOVE ME   Someone please love me. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:23 am

This was a good episode. The sad part is that Bobby Rolofson, who played Thomas, was killed in a motorcyle accident five years after he was on Little House. Happened on his 16th birthday, in Los Angeles in 1984.
I think about it everytime I watch it. He would have been 44 this year.
Someone please love me. Bobby_10,
Someone please love me. Bobby_11

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Someone please love me.   Someone please love me. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:39 am

That is sad, so young. It's different because they are older, but sometimes when I see a scene with Victor French, Michael and Kevin Hagen, I realize they are all gone. Kevin was 77 but the others were in their 50's. I'm glad they left a lot behind to watch year after year.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Someone please love me.   Someone please love me. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:52 am

SO SAD Blue

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Someone please love me.   Someone please love me. EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:24 pm

This was okay episode.

That's Alicia. No wait, she's now Samantha.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone please love me.   Someone please love me. Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone please love me.
Page 1 of 1