Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PBS Masterpiece Theater

Go down 
+2
bethandmanly
Amy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : PBS Masterpiece Theater Love-s10

PBS Masterpiece Theater Empty
PostSubject: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 am

Does anyone else watch this? I just love it, and anything BBC. My latest infatuation is "Downton Abbey"...is anyone else watching this? The season premiere of season 2 was tonight. It's a wonderful series, and a huge hit for PBS. FYI, you can watch season 1 online. It's very addicting, if you like this kind of show!

PBS Masterpiece Theater Downto10

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/index.html

I just finished another series, the 2004 BBC version of North and South. Another great period drama. And I watched the 2006 Bleak House last week...a bit more slow moving, a very detailed miniseries, with amazing acting. I hate to say it, but the Brits have it over we lowly American actors! Whistle Wink
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : PBS Masterpiece Theater Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:20 am

I haven't seen this one yet, but I saw a commercial for it recently. Looks good.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : PBS Masterpiece Theater Happy010

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:01 am

I've watched about two minutes of it. It airs fairly late in my neck of the woods so I've never watched it.

Is it a clean show?

PBS Masterpiece Theater PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
Is it a clean show?

Yes----not 'Little House squeaky clean', but clean. greenS
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
PBS Masterpiece Theater Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:34 pm

I haven't had a chance to try and find that yet, Amy, but I will. I remember you mentioned that to me, and it sounds interesting!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : PBS Masterpiece Theater Headac10

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 pm

think my dad watched it once.Not my type of show.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:10 am

It's not for everyone...in fact I didn't get into this type of programming even 5 years ago. Now I can't get enough of it!

Savannah, let me know if you end up getting into it---I'm pretty sure you would like it. I'm definitely certain that you would like North and South though. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Theire is this canadian show.It's a period show too.Like that.sloving crimes.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:33 pm

I forgot to mention, Downton Abbey won the Golden Globe for best mini-series! Applause I can certainly see why. yes Three of their actors were also nominated, but none of them won.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : PBS Masterpiece Theater Purple2

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:50 pm

I saw that.... Thumbsup

PBS Masterpiece Theater Rhonda10PBS Masterpiece Theater Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Krissy, are you talking about Murdoch Mysteries? I'd like to give that a try as well. Some of the episodes are filmed on Kevin Sullivan's backlot that was used for Wind at My Back. There's also some RtA actors in some of the episodes, such as Lally Cadeau/Janet King.

PBS Masterpiece Theater PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
Krissy, are you talking about Murdoch Mysteries? I'd like to give that a try as well. Some of the episodes are filmed on Kevin Sullivan's backlot that was used for Wind at My Back. There's also some RtA actors in some of the episodes, such as Lally Cadeau/Janet King.

Yes,that's what i was talking about.Oh wow,didn't know that.How cool. OhMy I never watched it.But it looks good tho.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : PBS Masterpiece Theater Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:52 pm

I caught up on both seasons and I am totally hooked. Shirley MacLaine is joining on for Season 3.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PBS Masterpiece Theater   PBS Masterpiece Theater Empty

Back to top Go down

PBS Masterpiece Theater
Page 1 of 1