Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise Cloud910

Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise Empty
PostSubject: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Ok Downton Abbey fans, are any of you watching this English period drama that is presently being shown on PBS? I really like it. It's not as good as DA but it is a good story. I started watching it in the files section of the DA fb forum. They are airing the second series in the UK right now and series 1 is on PBS,
For those of you who haven't seen the show, it is about a young woman named Deneise who goes to the city from a small town to live with her uncle and work with him in his dress shop. But business isn't busy enough for him to pay her and so she goes across the street to work in a new retail store called The Paradise. She gets a job in ladies' wear with other girls her age and a boss who is an older spinster (who had once been engaged to uncle).
Deneise finds her place in the store and becomes a favourite of the owner after offering up many good ideas to help the store in whatever matter is at hand. The owner, Mr. Moray, is engaged to Katherine who is jealous of Deneise because he is taking an interest in her and less in Katherine.
I love the English accents and the sets of the show are really beautiful.

Any one else watching?

Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise MarilynKeeper Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:16 pm

I saw this in the files section Marilyn, and noticed some people talking about and was kind of considering starting it, now that i'm done with DA. Well, sort of---I'm doing a DA re-watch right now. Again.HeeHee  Glad to know you recommend it!Thumbsup 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:36 am

I'll have to check it out.

Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:03 pm

I've watched the first two episodes so far. I like it so far.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:48 pm

I saw people on the DA page talking about it, and thought it sounded good. I haven't watched it yet, but I plan to. Thanks for the recommendation, Marilyn! Glad to hear you like it, too, Lori. With two thumbs up from prairie pals it should be something I'd like!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 8:27 pm

I've watched all of season 1 and just started season 2. It's getting good!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Oh good! Thanks Lori!Thumbsup 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:30 am

I'm halfway through season 2. I wish I could sit and watch it all day.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Did you get a chance to see the season 2 finale yet, Marilyn?

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Yes, it was great. I hope they have a Series 3. But it hasn't been commissioned yet.

Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise MarilynKeeper Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:37 am

What? There has to be a season 3! I liked how the finale ended, mimicking the finale of season 1.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 2:31 pm

I think it ended up nice and rosy for everyone because they don't know if there will be another season. Had they known the show would continue it might have left us in a cliffhanger.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 9:13 pm

That's a good point. I sure hope they have a 3rd season.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise   Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise Empty

Back to top Go down

Masterpiece Classic---The Paradise
Page 1 of 1