Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.

Go down 
+2
littlehousefan200
Krissy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. Headac10

Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. Empty
PostSubject: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 pm

I Seem to have got into reading amish stories.Some i find really well writtien. Other's are not so good.

What are your favorited ones?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:35 pm

I've never read a book by Cindy Woodsmall, but I like Beverely Lewis books- they're about the Amish, too.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:14 am

littlehousefan200 wrote:
I've never read a book by Cindy Woodsmall, but I like Beverely Lewis books- they're about the Amish, too.

cool.I"ve read a few of here's

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:20 pm

I agree that there are some well written books about the Amish as well as some poorly written ones. My favorite author for Amish books is Beverly Lewis. I also enjoy Cindy Woodsmall's books about the Amish. I don't much care for Wanda Brunstetter's as most of hers are romance I find myself constantly rolling my eyes. I did enjoy her Sisters of Holmes County series as well as The Shopkeeper's Daughter series, but other than that I don't really care for her books.

Kim Vogel Sawyer wrote an Amish series that I enjoy. I've enjoyed most of her books, and loved "My Heart Remembers".

Carrie Bender's Amish series are good. Hers are intended more for children but nonetheless are enjoyable.

Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Beverly Lewis is my all time favorite. I have most of hers. I do have Wanda B.'s too...but I'm with Kerissa, her's in places make me wish I could hang clothes on a clothes line....SLOW. The ShopKeeper's Daughter series are the better ones.
I have also read Kim Vogel Sawyer.

I will have to check out Cindy Woodsmall, it will take a good story and talent to pull me away for Beverly though. Beverly just has the insight that alot of authors don't have, having been raised around the amish.

I love Amish stories...they have such a spirit that is so contagious.

Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:59 pm

I agree, Gin, I really like Beverly Lewis books. Thumbsup Sometimes reading her books makes you want to be Amish...for a little while, and then I think about not being able to read books like hers and the rules they have to follow, and not having eletricity or a TV, lol!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
I agree that there are some well written books about the Amish as well as some poorly written ones. My favorite author for Amish books is Beverly Lewis. I also enjoy Cindy Woodsmall's books about the Amish. I don't much care for Wanda Brunstetter's as most of hers are romance I find myself constantly rolling my eyes. I did enjoy her Sisters of Holmes County series as well as The Shopkeeper's Daughter series, but other than that I don't really care for her books.

Kim Vogel Sawyer wrote an Amish series that I enjoy. I've enjoyed most of her books, and loved "My Heart Remembers".

Carrie Bender's Amish series are good. Hers are intended more for children but nonetheless are enjoyable.

I agree,Wanda Brunstetter's books too me are kind of boring and the store drags on too long.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 7:14 pm

littlehousefan200 wrote:
I agree, Gin, I really like Beverly Lewis books. Thumbsup Sometimes reading her books makes you want to be Amish...for a little while, and then I think about not being able to read books like hers and the rules they have to follow, and not having eletricity or a TV, lol!

Same,But i think i couldn't live that life style.lol

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 7:16 pm

I would miss two things if I were Amish. My washing machine and my camera. I would have my camera hid in a stall in the barn for sure and for certain.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Gin wrote:
I would miss two things if I were Amish. My washing machine and my camera. I would have my camera hid in a stall in the barn for sure and for certain.

Yes..I don't think i like washing clothes by hand.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:23 pm

hope of refuge,the bride f peace andthe harvest of grace by cindy woodsmall are good books,

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 am

Thanks I will be on the lookout for them. We have a Half Price bookstore here that I love to dig around in.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:54 am

Gin wrote:
Thanks I will be on the lookout for them. We have a Half Price bookstore here that I love to dig around in.

That's cool.YW.

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:36 pm

lol I'd be right with you in hiding the camera, Gin!

Ooh, I love Half-Price books! There are two in a city near me. That city has a lot of awesome used book stores!

Thus far I've liked Woodsmall's Ada's House series better than I liked her Sisters of the Quilt series.

I agree, Beverly Lewis writes the best Amish books. I love her Annie's People series!

Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
lol I'd be right with you in hiding the camera, Gin!

Ooh, I love Half-Price books! There are two in a city near me. That city has a lot of awesome used book stores!

Thus far I've liked Woodsmall's Ada's House series better than I liked her Sisters of the Quilt series.

I agree, Beverly Lewis writes the best Amish books. I love her Annie's People series!

Never read the quilt books

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:13 pm

The Scent of the Cherry Blossoms by Cindy Woodsmall is out now!

Check out FamilyFiction.com

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Thumbsup Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:22 pm

I have read Beverly Lewis. I have read other Amish book. forgot the author's name & the titles of the book.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:14 pm

My library has some amish books.Tho some that i read are not that good.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:10 pm

I'M reading sisters of the quilt now. not bad book so far

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:11 pm

I Just read the book.I liked it.I couldn't put it down. I felt so bad for Hanna. The things the poor girl went threw.It must have been so hard on here.I amire her for going to school & Getting a edcation.Least the book had a happy ending.

Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm reading book 2 (A Sisters Test) in the Sisters Of Holmes County series by Wanda Brunstetter. I really enjoyed the first one and I am really enjoying this one as well.

I also borrowed a book called An Amish Gathering Life In Lancaster County which is a set of 3 Amish Novellas by 3 different authors.

I always enjoyed Beverly Lewis as well. I'm not sure that I have ever read any by Cindy Woodsmall. I will look her up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Debbie wrote:
I'm reading book 2 (A Sisters Test) in the Sisters Of Holmes County series by Wanda Brunstetter. I really enjoyed the first one and I am really enjoying this one as well.

I also borrowed a book called An Amish Gathering Life In Lancaster County which is a set of 3 Amish Novellas by 3 different authors.

I always enjoyed Beverly Lewis as well. I'm not sure that I have ever read any by Cindy Woodsmall. I will look her up. Smile

That's cool.sounds instersting. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.   Cindy - Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cindy woodsmall- Amish stories.
Page 1 of 1