Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?

Go down 
+12
littlehousefan200
alexczarn
HarrisonCrosby4387
Misti
Honeybee
Debbie
Carol
Rob
Gin
Amy
Savannah
Krissy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Purple2

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:40 pm

I survived the sinking of the Titanic....so did my Aunt.....My ex....well, he wasn't so lucky... HeeHee

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Rhonda10Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:06 pm

So Rhonda what class were you in, on Titanic? HeeHee

Rhonda & Gin, Henry Ford museum is doing it, here in MI. Until Sept 30th. I hoping, we can go soon. Plus it's indoors. But we have been so busy. Maybe, will take my two oldest nieces with us.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:09 pm

Gin wrote:
This was a super movie to do in 3D. You just fall in love with Jack and Rose all over again.
Mid-movie when Rose had Jack put the diamond back into the safe it dawned on me that Rose knew the combination to the safe! As controlling as her fiancee was I doubt that he would have given her the combination. Just an odd thing to me.
As far as the 3D part it was great. My favorite part is when Rose as an older woman throws the diamond back into the sea.

No happier ending. The amount of lives lost were really unreal. The babies....I just can't think about them...breaks my heart.
Its so sad we have to have tragedies such as this to learn important lessons in safety. This movie is a classic..... Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 70708

Ah Gin, this sure was powerful, wasn't it?! We were able to go tonight after all...just got home, and I must say I wasn't expecting it to affect me this way, after seeing it SO many times. I thought I'd 'seen it all'. The 3D was fantastic...not over the top at all, just very nicely done and flowed with the movie. I'm impressed.

And there was just something so incredbily moving about seeing this almost to the exact hour of the sinking, 100 years later, on the big screen. It made the actual sinking and events leading up to it feel that much more realistic than it even did before. I know it was 'just a movie', but it was done with such autheniticity you can't help but get sucked right in. And believe it or not, my hubby who had been dragged? He loved it. Whew. Smile

Lisa, isn't that just SAD, thinking about the space on the boats? No Lost lives that could have easily been saved. Tragic. And I didn't know about the boat drill they were supposed to have had earlier that day! WOW.

Rhonda, I thought about that museum in Branson....we had wanted to visit a few years ago but our trip fell through. Someday I'd love to get there. In the meantime I am excited about going to see the exhibit in Detroit soon.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Amy what was your favorite scene?

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:40 pm

That is just TOO tough a question, Gin. I think my all time favorite is when she jumps off the lifeboat back onto the ship, and they run to each other at the staircase and he says, "You're so stupid Rose! You're so stupid!" as they hug and kiss so fiercely. So funny, but I feel like bawling when I see that! And I still just love the infamous bow scene, where they kiss for the first time. Love I mean, I actually cried, watching that again. And the other scene I love is when she comes and rescues him with the axe. Thumbsup What was your favorite(s)?

The other thing that made this really great was the fact that we saw it with a full theater and a really great audience. Everyone really got into it, and laughed in spots as if it were the first time they were seeing it. Who knows, maybe it was? But it really did make for a more enjoyable experience. yes

11:40 pm. Titanic just hit the iceberg, 100 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:34 am

So start on April 14th then finish sinking April 15th. So, April 14th & 15th is the 100th anniversary, correct?

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:20 am

Buttercup wrote:
So start on April 14th then finish sinking April 15th. So, April 14th & 15th is the 100th anniversary, correct?

Yep I'd say so.

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:03 am

Well you know me. I love the funny parts. The spit scene...Love Molly Brown. If I could ever find an actress so like my Mom she is it. Even sort of looks like her too. (Kathy Bates, that is.)
Looking at Jack's art for me was different this time. Now that I do drawings too, I liked that part of the movie. He is a dreamer with a talent.
I also enjoyed the part when she told her fiancee she would rather be Jack's .....than HIS wife. Good girl.
Okay...the love scene. The very thought that they were able to have time for that without interruption is amazing.
Our theator wasn't but about 50 people, but that didn't bother me. I did hear one Mom tell her teen son to cover his eyes when Jack was drawing Rose. That cracked me up. Like he did!
I'm looking for a good photo to draw, so if you think of something you want let me know. So far there are not as many still shots as I had hoped. Still looking tho.

I need to get this movie for my own collection, and I think for the 1st time I want this in 3D. It was just done that well.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:32 am

I'd just like to know how they did all that CGI and stuff!

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Just a question.I plan to buy this when it comes out on DVD. But would a 3D movie work in a normal DVD player? sorry if I'm sounding stupid but does 3d only come out in blu ray??

Sounds awesome.I watched a black & white titanic movie last night called a night to remember.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:33 pm

You actually have to have a '3D TV' to make that happen, Krissy. Just asked my hubby and they run a mere $2,000. Whistle You'd also have to have a 3D bluray player.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:07 pm

Gin wrote:
Well you know me. I love the funny parts. The spit scene...Love Molly Brown. If I could ever find an actress so like my Mom she is it. Even sort of looks like her too. (Kathy Bates, that is.)
Looking at Jack's art for me was different this time. Now that I do drawings too, I liked that part of the movie. He is a dreamer with a talent.
I also enjoyed the part when she told her fiancee she would rather be Jack's .....than HIS wife. Good girl.
Okay...the love scene. The very thought that they were able to have time for that without interruption is amazing.
Our theator wasn't but about 50 people, but that didn't bother me. I did hear one Mom tell her teen son to cover his eyes when Jack was drawing Rose. That cracked me up. Like he did!
I'm looking for a good photo to draw, so if you think of something you want let me know. So far there are not as many still shots as I had hoped. Still looking tho.

I need to get this movie for my own collection, and I think for the 1st time I want this in 3D. It was just done that well.

LOL Gin, I love the spit scene too. The audience was rolling at that part! laugh3 And Kathy Bates is just incredible. Love her.

The lady down the row from Bill & I took her daughter out (probably about 10 years old) twice...once for the Rose/drawing scene and once for the 'car scene', ahem. Bill & I both said what a good mama. yes LOL about the teenage boy though...I'm sure he peeked through the fingers! HeeHee

I will keep you posted if I find a good Titanic photo. Thumbsup Oh, I'll bet Lisa would just love a huge 11x14 drawing of Leo. batEyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:08 am

Amy wrote:
You actually have to have a '3D TV' to make that happen, Krissy. Just asked my hubby and they run a mere $2,000. Whistle You'd also have to have a 3D bluray player.

OhOk.Well then i'll just get the normal copy then. Smile Yikes OhMy holly cow a lot of money.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:47 am

I don't know how accurate this is, but in the ABC miniseries, the crew were afraid to fill the boats because they were afraid they would split. Apparently, a lot of corners were cut in the making of the Titanic.

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:21 pm

I didn't know that.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:39 am

Explain this, Mr. Cameron. Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 DirtDOG

"Jack and Rose could have both fit on that plank quite comfortably"

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 LItNe
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:47 am

Well their "door" isnt floating. And remember Rose had that diamond in her pocket!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:53 am

Also, Jack was wearing lime-green sunglasses and a Mickey Mouse shirt (last panel), so I understand her reluctance to let him on.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:06 am

That's awesome!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:41 am

ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:49 am

laugh3 Very true, but it wouldn't have made as good of a story if Jack had lived.

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 am

Rob wrote:
Explain this, Mr. Cameron. Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 DirtDOG

"Jack and Rose could have both fit on that plank quite comfortably"

batEyes See?? I'm not the only one who isn't so crazy about Leo. Even she could only take 'im for so long. *Lisa ducks and runs before all of the Leo-fans can pelt her with tomatoes*

Amy wrote:
I will keep you posted if I find a good Titanic photo. Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 70708 Oh, I'll bet Lisa would just love a huge 11x14 drawing of Leo. Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 129986 Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 135245

*gasp* You know I love you, but you're gettin' awful close to the pan, there, missy! Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Angry_12
Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 702150
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:02 am

I'M not a huge leo fan but i thought he was hot back in the day

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:01 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

He's six years younger than me. If he's a geezer, I must be ancient. laugh3
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:13 am

bethandmanly wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

He's six years younger than me. If he's a geezer, I must be ancient. laugh3

Nay,your young. Smile I just mean like when i was a teen he was just one of them crushes grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next