Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?

Go down 
+12
littlehousefan200
alexczarn
HarrisonCrosby4387
Misti
Honeybee
Debbie
Carol
Rob
Gin
Amy
Savannah
Krissy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Headac10

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:09 pm

I guess not. I think maybe kids today pay attention more on the ipads/phones.lol

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Rob wrote:
This from Twitter... Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 279394

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Titanic

thud Yikes I definitely remember learning about the Titantic in school, I think it was even required reading to read a kid's version chapter book on it.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:30 pm

That's cool you learned about it in school/

I honeslty don't remember learning about it in school history class.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:46 pm

PBS has a couple Titanic documentaries tonight. At least in my area, and maybe yours, too. First is a look at the Titanic legacy with Len Goodman, DWtS judge. Apparently as a young man he worked for the company that built the Titanic!

Next is Saving the Titanic, which was mentioned earlier in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks for the info.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Before she passed away, one of my elderly friends told me that her Dad had been hired to work on the Titanic, but he couldn't get there in time and arrived after it had already sailed. He was sorely disappointed because it was good pay, and quite a luxury liner, and he was looking forward to the job - but obviously it was a good thing he "missed the boat".
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Wow Lisa.That would have been a good job.I agree it was a good thing he missed the boat sence of what happened.

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:04 pm

Oh wow, Lisa! That's amazing, I'm sure they were very, very thankful that he didn't take the job after all.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Heading out to " see Leo's cowlick in 3D" as Clay puts it. I can't help but hope for a better ending this time. Have a good Friday evening all!

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:20 pm

LOL Gin, I hope you get your better ending! Wink

I was hoping to go Sunday, but Bill has to work. We're going Tuesday night. He about keeled over when he saw the running time. (3 1/2 hours!). He is definitely being dragged to this. But hey, he knew about this months ago! I'll just make sure to keep his pop and popcorn full (and maybe a pack of licorice) and he'll be ok. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:35 pm

have fun.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:58 pm

This was a super movie to do in 3D. You just fall in love with Jack and Rose all over again.
Mid-movie when Rose had Jack put the diamond back into the safe it dawned on me that Rose knew the combination to the safe! As controlling as her fiancee was I doubt that he would have given her the combination. Just an odd thing to me.
As far as the 3D part it was great. My favorite part is when Rose as an older woman throws the diamond back into the sea.

No happier ending. The amount of lives lost were really unreal. The babies....I just can't think about them...breaks my heart.
Its so sad we have to have tragedies such as this to learn important lessons in safety. This movie is a classic..... Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 70708

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:43 am

Lisa wrote:
Before she passed away, one of my elderly friends told me that her Dad had been hired to work on the Titanic, but he couldn't get there in time and arrived after it had already sailed. He was sorely disappointed because it was good pay, and quite a luxury liner, and he was looking forward to the job - but obviously it was a good thing he "missed the boat".

I bet, it was God's will for your late elderly friend's dad missed the boat. It wasn't time for him to go, that year in 1912.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:50 am

Gin wrote:
This was a super movie to do in 3D. You just fall in love with Jack and Rose all over again.
Mid-movie when Rose had Jack put the diamond back into the safe it dawned on me that Rose knew the combination to the safe! As controlling as her fiancee was I doubt that he would have given her the combination. Just an odd thing to me.
As far as the 3D part it was great. My favorite part is when Rose as an older woman throws the diamond back into the sea.

No happier ending. The amount of lives lost were really unreal. The babies....I just can't think about them...breaks my heart.
Its so sad we have to have tragedies such as this to learn important lessons in safety. This movie is a classic..... Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 70708

It was so sad,all them people should have life boats to go on.no one should have died. Blue

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Correction: I believe Rose was having Jack put the drawing in the safe and not the diamond. Anyway....I found it odd she would know the combination.

Yes, a sad truth. No one should have been without a boat.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:06 pm

I don't know if they mentioned it in the movie or not, but there was a lifeboat drill scheduled for April 14 - the day it sank. But the captain canceled it for some unknown reason. Also, even though there weren't enough lifeboats for all of the passengers, most of the lifeboats had significantly less people in them than they could hold. The capacity was 65 people - and one of the boats only had 12. Another only had 24. Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 488555 Almost every one of the lifeboats could have carried much more than twice the amount of people they had in them.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:20 pm

I don't remember them saying anything about a drill in the movie, but yes they could have gotten many more people than they did on the lifeboats. The main reason they didn't is because they were still in "what class are you" mode. At the state of emergency they were in, it doesn't matter. LIVES were threatened.
I would have left my mothers side too, as Rose did, if I had heard her ask "Is this a 1st class boat?" So sad.
Watching the people SLIDE off that ship into the water was so hard to watch.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Amy wrote:
How could anyone be from Planet Earth and not know this?! This HAS to be one of THE most famous events in history!!! Yikes

Off-topic, but a few years back, a bunch of boys went to a school and asked the women on campus to sign a petition to end women's suffrage. Many of the women signed it, not realizing women's suffrage gave them the right to vote. HeeHee

Now, back on topic, I saw the movie originally, but I'm not keen on seeing it again--in 3D or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:15 pm

thats sad that they went by class.it shouldn't matter

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Also sad, that the men couldn't go either. Cause it was Women & Children only first. They lock up the 3rd class people.

I remember in the movie the 3rd class break down the gate. Then they start running up to the main deck of the ship.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:47 pm

I don't believe they were TOLD to get on the boats by class, but just women and children first. It was just many of the 1st class folks that believed they SHOULD be first.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:07 pm

That ABC miniseries about the Titanic starts tonight.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Thumbsup Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Branson, MO has the Titanic Museum and today, they had a special exhibit. They had a special tribute to those who died and even had some ancestors of some of the surviving people....I really wanted to get to it, but had other plans for today.....I have been to the museum and it is SO neat!!! Well worth the tour and the money spent on it..... Thumbsup

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Rhonda10Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:25 pm

My neice Emily, has been to it. She said when you go in they give you a slip of paper with a name of someone that was on the ship. That is WHO you are while going through and looking at everything. I want to go see it too. Rhonda, you and I have some spots to hit if I come that way.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next