Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia

Go down 
+27
Kamberley
julmer70
annecimina
Praire Girl
Rickarda
littlehouselover
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
littlehousefan200
Ruth
Rob
LIWnut
Misti
Prairie Dweller
easyt72000
alexczarn
Shell
Lori
Joe
jes9
Rhonda
Vanesa
Honeybee
Krissy
Gin
Davetucson
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Bokmal10

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:52 am

jes9 wrote:
I believe that was Casey Kasem, of American Top 40 fame, who did those late '70s promos for NBC.

Correcto Mundo!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:50 am

Davetucson wrote:
jes9 wrote:
I believe that was Casey Kasem, of American Top 40 fame, who did those late '70s promos for NBC.

Correcto Mundo!

Well, whadya know? The FONZ is in the house! laugh3
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: WILLIAM SCHALLERT   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:47 pm

William Joseph Schallert is an American actor who has appeared in many films and in such television series as The Smurfs, Jefferson Drum, The Rat Patrol, Gunsmoke, Star Trek, The Patty Duke Show, 87th Precinct, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, The Waltons, Bonanza, Leave It to Beaver, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Love, American Style, Get Smart, Lawman, and in later years, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine..

Schallert was born in Los Angeles, California, in July of 1922. He is the son of Elza Emily (née Baumgarten) and Edwin Francis Schallert, a drama editor. Schallert has appeared in supporting roles on numerous television programs since the early 1950s. He has also appeared in several movies, including The Man from Planet X (1951) with Robert Clarke, The Tarnished Angels (1958) with Robert Stack, Blue Denim (1959) with Brandon deWilde, Pillow Talk (1959) with Doris Day and Rock Hudson, In the Heat of the Night (1967) with Rod Steiger, Speedway (1968) with Elvis Presley, The Jerk (1979) with Steve Martin, Teachers (1984) with Nick Nolte, and Innerspace (1987), in which he played Martin Short's doctor. He also played (uncredited) an ambulance attendant in the early minutes of the 1950s sci-fi classic, Them! (1954).

He appeared three times as Major Karl Richmond on NBC's Steve Canyon, starring Dean Fredericks in the title role. He is a founding member of the Circle Players at The Circle Theatre, started in 1946, now known as El Centro Theatre.

Schallert is known as the editor of a newspaper (The Chronicle) and patriarch Mr. Martin Lane on The Patty Duke Show, as a wise teacher, Mr. Leander Pomfritt on The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, and also as The Admiral on Get Smart. Coincidentally, on the two former shows he worked opposite actress Jean Byron. Schallert made three guest appearances on Perry Mason between 1957-1962, including the role of Donald Graves in the series' fifth episode, "The Case of the Sulky Girl," and Dr. Bradbury in the 1961 episode, "The Case of the Misguided Missile." He is also remembered for playing the role of Nilz Baris in the Star Trek episode "The Trouble With Tribbles". He also appeared in the archive footage of that episode which was used in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Trials and Tribble-ations". Schallert appeared in DS9 himself, in the second season episode "Sanctuary", in which he played Varani, a Bajoran musician.

Schallert starred in Philbert, an innovative 1964 TV pilot for ABC, which combined live action camera work and animation. Created by Friz Freleng and directed by Richard Donner, ABC backed out of the series shortly before full production was to begin, though the completed pilot was released in theaters as a short subject.

Schallert  played the role of Carson Drew in the television series The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (1977–1979), featuring Pamela Sue Martin as Nancy Drew. In 1981, he guest starred in several Waltons episodes.

In addition to his onscreen performances, he has done voiceover work for numerous television and radio commercials over the years. Among these were a recurring role as "Milton the Toaster" in animated commercials for Kellogg's Pop-Tarts.

He was president of the Screen Actors Guild from 1979 to 1981 (his former co-star and television daughter, Patty Duke, would follow him from 1985 to 1988).

He continues to work steadily, appearing in a 2007 episode of How I Met Your Mother, the HBO television movie Recount (2008) as U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice John Paul Stevens, the HBO series True Blood, and his distinctive voice continues to bring him work for commercial and animation voiceovers. 2009 appearances included a guest role on "Desperate Housewives" on March 15, 2009, in which he played the role of a small newspaper editor, and he also appeared in an episode of According to Jim. More recently he appeared in the January 21, 2010 pilot episode of The Deep End on ABC as a retiring CEO with Alzheimer's Disease. He also made an appearance on Medium on the February 5, 2010 episode and a cameo on the June 26, 2011 season premiere of True Blood as the Mayor of Bon Temps. He played Max Devore, a secondary antagonist, in the A&E adaptation of Bag of Bones. In 2011, he also made a series of Public Service Announcement videos with Patty Duke and other castmates from The Patty Duke Show for the Social Security Administration.

“I believe you shouldn't become an actor unless you need to. Unless you have no choice about it. Liking--even loving--acting is not enough. You have to need to act.” ………….William Schallert

Update: William Schallert passed away on May 8th 2016 in Palisades, California. He was 93 Years Old.

He Appeared in Two Little House Episodes
Centennial – 1976 – Snell
The Preacher Takes A Wife – 1979 – Dean Russell Harmon

The Preacher Takes A Wife - Dean Harmon
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Willia13
Centennial - Snell - The Dreaded Tax Collector
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Willia14
As Patty Dukes's Father - The Patty Duke Show
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Willia15

Last edited by Davetucson on Mon May 09, 2016 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Interview    Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Michael talks About "He Was Only Twelve" in a 1982 Interview on CBN.
Makes It Pretty Clear Why He Wrote The Stories He Did. For Those Of You
That Haven't Seen It, Pay Particular Attention To When He Talks About His
Daughter. The World Was Made A Better Place By Michael, I Miss Him.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: MICHAEL CONRAD   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Michael Conrad, born in October of 1925 in New York City, was a stalwart American character actor who appeared frequently on television, best known for his recurring role as the desk sergeant Phil Esterhaus in 71 episodes of "Hill Street Blues" (1981), for which he won two Best Supporting Actor Emmy Awards, in 1981 and 1982. Conrad died from urethral cancer in 1983 during the shooting of the police drama's fourth season, five weeks after his 58th birthday. He made his debut on TV in 1955, and remained busy for almost 30 years, appearing in 25 TV movies. He also was a familiar supporting player in movies, including the original The Longest Yard (1974) with Burt Reynolds.

He appeared in 107 film and television productions from 1954 through 1983.

One Little House Episode
The Aftermath – 1977 – Broder

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Michae11

Last edited by Davetucson on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: FRANK MARTH   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Frank Marth was born July 29, 1922 in New York City and is an American film and television actor. He may be best known as a cast-member of Cavalcade of Stars (1949; 1950–1957), especially segments of The Honeymooners, which later became a television series (1955–56). Marth's career ran from 1952 until 1994.

Tall and fair-haired, Marth, often in tandem with the short, dark-haired George O. Petrie, played various recurring and one-time roles on The Honeymooners: one of the brutal hoods who holds the Kramdens and Ed Norton hostage after Ralph witnesses a bank robbery; Harvey Walstatter, who hires Alice Kramden to babysit his son, Harvey, Jr.; and the inquiring news photographer who lands Ralph Kramden in hot water after he quotes Kramden declaring that he is "head of the household" (prompting Ralph to try to hide the newspaper from Alice).
Frank Marth later appeared on episodes of Hogan's Heroes as numerous different SS officers, The Six Million Dollar Man, and M*A*S*H as tank commander Colonel Griswald. He has been married to Hope Holiday since 1967.

136 titles from 1951 through 1994. They include The Young and the Restless, The A Team, Father Murphy, Dukes of Hazzard, and M A S H, to name a few. Currently, ninety years old.

Update: Died January 12th, 2014 In Rancho Mirage, California - 91 Years Old

One Episode of Little House
The Aftermath  - 1977 – Lewis Ford

Closest To  Camera Left
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Frank_10
As Captain Milheiser on Hogan's Heroes
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Frank_11

Last edited by Davetucson on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: JAMES GALLERY   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:28 pm

James Gallery was born in Auburn, New York in March of 1935. He acted in forty four productions, almost all television, from 1956 through 1998. Was very active in the Christian Science Church. He is mostly known for his part in "Salem's Lot", a TV movie made in 1979 in which he played a priest. Other appearances included Diagnosis Murder, Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere, Cheers, Newhart, MASH, Lou Grant, One Day At A Time, Barney Miller to name a few.

He passed away in February of 2001 at the age of 65 in Camarillo, California.

He was in Two Little House Episodes
Whatever Happened To The Class of 56? - 1980
As Arnie Cupps - Greeting Carolyn at the Reunion

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 James_10
I Do Again - 1981
As Ed Poulsen - Watching Carolyn and Charles 2nd Wedding

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 James_11

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: THOSE WERE THE DAYS!   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Brought To You In Living Color!
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Images10

Last edited by Davetucson on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: KING MOODY   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Robert "King" Moody, born December 6, 1929 in New York City , was an American actor, best known for playing Shtarker in the television series Get Smart. He also played Ronald McDonald in commercials in the 1970s and 1980s, and the spaceship captain in Teenagers From Outer Space and other roles in some 40 movies and television episodes including Bonanza,The Bob Newhart Show, Chips, Combat, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Dragnet and Sea Hunt.

Moody died February 7, 2001 in Tarzana, California at the age of 71.

He was In One Little House Episode
Harriet’s Happenings – 1978 – Otto Schiller - Father of Erich
Pictured Here Opposite Ike Eisenman(Erich Schiller)

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 King_m11
For You Professional Wrestling Fans
King Moody was the Father of "Paul Bearer"
Former Professional Wrestler and Manager

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 King_m10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: JENNIFER RHODES   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Jennifer Rhodes was born in August of 1947 in Rosiclare, Illinois, a small town on the Ohio River.She also has one sister, Kim Rhodes. She became interested in theater while attending Southern Illinois University and moved to New York City soon after graduating. She studied acting and began getting cast for theatre roles. After marrying Jordan Rhodes she eventually moved to Los Angeles where she stopped acting for a while because she felt, as a stage actress, she didn't know very much about acting for television or movie roles. She eventually auditioned successfully for commercials roles, later moving on to television and film.

Her first credited roll was in the 60's television series The High Chaparral as the character Tanea. In 1980, she played a press secretary on a made-for-TV movie about Jackie Kennedy. In 1989 she appeared in the New World Pictures film Heathers as Winona Ryder's mother. Her television resume proved to be quite extensive as she appeared on the following select series: Fame, Matlock, Little House on the Prairie, L.A. Law, Quantum Leap, Knots Landing, Designing Women, Full House, Red Shoe Diaries, Party of Five, ER, Wings, Murphy Brown, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Family Matters, Friends, Popular, The Agency and Boston Public - just to name a few. She also played a little role in the Disney Channel Series The Suite Life on Deck.

Jennifer is frequently recognized as "Grams" from The WB series, Charmed, where she portrayed the spirit of the Charmed Ones' grandmother. There she played the tough-as-nails matriarch of the Halliwell clan. Although not a regular, she is the only actress to have guest-starred in all eight seasons of the series. Her recurring role as “Grams” is her second regular series though, her first being Nightingales as the character Effie Gardner.

Jennifer's Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jennifer-Rhodes-Actress-Fan-Page/111152978940273

Selected Television Appearances
• L.A. Law (2 episodes, 1987-1988)
• Nightingales (13 episodes, 1989)
• Quantum Leap (1 episode, 1989)
• Adam 12 (1 episode, 1990)
• Doogie Howser, M.D. (1 episode, 1990)
• Knots Landing (3 episodes, 1980-1990)
• Gabriel's Fire (1 episode, 1990)
• Designing Women (1 episode, 1991)
• Equal Justice (4 episodes, 1990-1991)
• Morton & Hayes (1 episode, 1991)
• Reasonable Doubts (1 episode, 1991)
• The Heights (1 episode, 1992)
• Full House (1 episode, 1992)
• Red Shoe Diaries (1 episode, 1995)
• Party of Five (1 episode, 1995)
• The Larry Sanders Show (1 episode, 1995)
• ER (1 episode, 1996)
• Wings (1 episode, 1996)
• Murphy Brown (1 episode, 1996)
• 3rd Rock from the Sun (4 episodes, 1996)
• High Incident (1 episode, 1997)
• Friends (1 episode, 1997)
• Family Matters (1 episode, 1998)
• Ally McBeal (1 episode, 1999)
• Time of Your Life (1 episode, 1999)
• Popular (1 episode, 2001)
• The Agency (1 episode, 2001)
• The District (1 episode, 2002)
• Boston Public (2 episodes, 2003)
• Charmed (14 episodes, 1998-2006)
• Gilmore Girls (1 episode, 2006)
• The Young and the Restless (3 episodes, 2008)
• The Suite Life on Deck (1 episode, 2009)
• CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (1 episode, 2010)
• The Mentalist (1 episode, 2012)

She appeared in Two Little House Episodes

As Mrs. Hale (Gideon’s Mother)
No Beast So Fierce – 1982

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Jennif10
As A Nurse
The King is Dead - 1979

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Jennif11
Jennifer Rhodes
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Jennif12

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: BLOWING UP WALNUT GROVE   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Kent McCray Explains The REAL Reason For Blowing Up Walnut Grove
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Blowin10
A lot has been said of late about why on Little House on the Prairie we blew up the town. I would like to set it straight so that everyone understands what actually happened. We have to go back to the start of the series when I made an arrangement to rent the property from Newhall Land and Development in Newhall, California.

The agreement that I had with them was that at the end of the series we would put the acreage back to its normal state. The reason for this was that Newhall Land and Development used the acreage as a feedlot for their cattle empire. Therefore, they were afraid if the buildings still stood one of the animals might get into them and get hurt or children in the area might get into the area and start to smoke, and with the high grass area that could be very dangerous. So it was in our initial agreement that we put the land back to its original state--thus filling in the areas where we had the stream and the town, and the stream by the little house, and taking the buildings down. That was the original reason.

Now, lets talk about why we blew up the town. On a given day in the tenth season we had already done two two-hour shows and our commitment was to do a third. We had not decided on a script at this point and I was in the office working with Don Winter, our construction coordinator, about what it would take to dismantle all the buildings. While we were doing this and trying to run an estimate on the cost involved, Mike walked in the office and listened to what was going on and said, “How are you going to take the buildings down?” And I said, “We will probably bring in a large size crane similar to what you see on home makeover and knock the buildings apart, pick up the debris, and cart it away.” He said, “Let me think about that for a minute.” He went into the office and Don and I continued working and finished what we were doing.

About an hour and a half later Mike came back into my office and said, “What if we blow up the town? That would get the buildings all in pieces and you still can bring in your equipment to pick up the debris and cart it away.” And I said, “That’s fine.” He replied, “I will write a show that is where we will blow up all the buildings. I will not blow up the little house nor the church, but my thinking is to blow up all the other buildings.”

That in place Mike went and wrote a script called The Last Farewell. Now while we were preparing the show we had to run a few tests. We were not sure if we blew up the town what kind of force it would take and how close we could get our cameras. So the first building to be blown up was the Garvey house. That was a test. Luke Tilman, our special effects man, rigged the building with explosives and we set a platform which we thought we would have the cameras on. We had a few water wagons and a few other necessary pieces of equipment there to run the test. We blew up the Garvey house and as it blew up we realized that our camera platforms were really too close because they also fell apart. We brought in the water wagon, drug out the hose, and the hose had more leaks in it than anything else. So that was, we learned, a bad moment as well.

So, than it was decided the first building that we would blow up would be the house Laura Ingalls Wilder was living in, which was the two story ornate house that we had put up in a separate location from the town. After that it was decided on a given date when to blow up the town. I had to go to the local sheriffs department to make arrangements with them so they know when the actual explosions start that it wasn’t some attack or something happening in the area. I also had to alert the fire department. They brought out extra equipment to assist us if anything caught on fire. So it was quite a chore to rig everything that needed to be done in place, and therefore, we had it set for a given date to blow up the town.

On the given morning we had, I believe, five cameras running. The first building we blew up was the mill and when the water wheel came tumbling down it broke my heart because that was the centerpiece that brought everyone together in the town. And from there I think we blew up the seed and feed, we blew up Nellie’s Restaurant and Olsen’s store. I think the final things to go, but not sure of its order was the post office, Doctor Baker’s office and the blacksmith’s shop.

This is the original reason why the buildings were blown up. It is also true in some respect that Michael did say at a time that he wanted the buildings destroyed because he didn’t want any other show to come in and use them in commercials or another western to take over where we left off. I think that brings it up to date. Hope you all understand.

Interview from Prairiefans.com

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:39 am

Very interesting! Thanks Dave! These are great. bravo
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:27 am

I understand all that.Tho it been nicer if they could have ened the show on a more of a happy note.Wish they made T.V movies like the waltons did.Them movies you enjoy watching over and over.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: RICHARD COLLIER   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Actor Richard Collier, born in June of 1919 in Boston, Mass., was more a fixture in the realm of television, having made well over 1000 appearances on the small screen, but was nonetheless employed frequently for films. A native of Boston, Collier started acting as most people do, on stage in the theater circuit throughout Massachusetts. When World War II broke out, his acting career was put on hold as he served in the U.S. Army. Only after the war did Collier begin making appearances in film and the new medium of television. Some of the many television shows the actor appeared on include The Beverly Hillbillies, The Andy Griffith Show, and Batman. Collier died in March of 2000 in Calabasas, California, at the age of 80.

He Appeared in 104 titles from 1953 through 1991. Some of them were Quincy M.E., The Hardy Boys, Baretta, Mayberry R.F.D., Bill Cosby Show, Gomer Pyle:USMC, Good Times, Dennis The Menace, Rawhide, Bonanza and Sugarfoot to name a few.

One Episode of Little House
For My Lady – 1976 - Burnside

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Richar14
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Richar15

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: GUILLERMO SAN JUAN AND DAWN BIGLAY   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Guillermo San Juan and Dawn Biglay played brother and sister in "Freedom Flight" on Little House in 1977. Guillermo played Spotted Wolf and Dawn played Yellow Feather. Dawn also appeared in The Halloween Dream as Taha, one of the Indian girls in the tribe that captured Albert and Laura.

Guillermo was in twenty one titles from 1975 thru 1984. They included Baretta, Kojak, The Bionic Woman, The Quest, Starsky and Hutch,Lou Grant, The Young Pioneers and seven episodes of Hill Street Blues as a Gypsy boy. He appeared with Chris Petersen in a CBS Afternoon Playhouse entitled "Joey and Redhawk" in 1978.

Dawn Biglay was in two other television dramas besides Little House. The Family Nobody Wanted, a TV Movie, and one episode of The Quest as Becky in 1976 in the episode "Seventy Two Hours".
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Guille10

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:39 pm

I know a Jennifer Rhodes! lol She is in her 30's though.

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: BETTY LYNN   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:07 am

For Rob, An Official Fife-inator Alert

Born in August of 1926, Elizabeth Ann Theresa Lynn in Kansas City, Missouri,Betty Lynn began acting in radio. She was later discovered in a Broadway production by Darryl F. Zanuck and signed to 20th Century Fox. Lynn made her film debut in the 1948 film Sitting Pretty opposite Robert Young. That same year, she appeared in June Bride with Bette Davis followed by roles in Mother Is a Freshman (1949), Cheaper by the Dozen (1950), and Payment on Demand (1951).

In the 1953–1954 television season, Lynn was cast as June Wallace, the fictitious sister-in-law of the Ray Bolger character in the ABC sitcom Where's Raymond? Allyn Joslyn played her husband, Jonathan Wallace. Lynn and Joslyn left the series in its second season when it was renamed The Ray Bolger Show.

After guest starring on various television series including Schlitz Playhouse of Stars, The Gale Storm Show, Sugarfoot, and Markham, Lynn won the role of Thelma Lou on The Andy Griffith Show. She portrayed the role regularly from 1961 until 1965, then made a final guest appearance in one episode during the sixth season (1965–1966). She is the last surviving regular female cast member from the show.

Following the end of The Andy Griffith Show, Lynn continued appearing in various television and film roles. In 1986, she reprised the role of Thelma Lou in the reunion television movie Return to Mayberry in which Thelma Lou and Barney Fife were finally married. In 2006, Lynn retired from acting and relocated to Mount Airy, North Carolina, the hometown of Andy Griffith and the town on which Mayberry is believed to have been based despite Griffith's repeated denials. Betty Lynn makes monthly appearances at the Andy Griffith Museum in Mount Airy to sign autographs and meet with her fans.

In 2007, Lynn was inducted of the Missouri Walk of Fame, located in Marshfield, Missouri.

She Was In One Little House Episode
If I Should Wake Before I Die – 1974
As Bridget

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Betty_10
As Thelma Lou, Barney's Girlfriend
On The Andy Griffith Show

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Betty_11

Last edited by Davetucson on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 39447
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:51 am

Wow, I didn't know Betty Lou was in a LH episode.

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:00 am

either did i

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: ALAN FUDGE   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Alan Fudge was born February 27, 1934 in Wichita, Kansas. He was an American actor known for being part of the cast of four television programs: Man from Atlantis, Eischied, Paper Dolls and Bodies of Evidence, along with a recurring role (eighteen appearances over eight years, as of 2005) on 7th Heaven.

Fudge was born in Wichita, Kansas. He has scores of credits, including appearances on many of the top-rated shows in the United States, such as Banacek, Kojak, Marcus Welby, M.D., Little House on the Prairie, The Streets of San Francisco, Hawaii Five-O, M*A*S*H, Starsky and Hutch, Charlie's Angels, Wonder Woman, Lou Grant, Knots Landing, Magnum, P.I., Cagney & Lacey, The A-Team, St. Elsewhere, Highway to Heaven, Dallas, MacGyver, Dynasty, Matlock, Falcon Crest, L.A. Law, The Wonder Years, Northern Exposure, Murder, She Wrote, Home Improvement, Beverly Hills, 90210, Baywatch and Dawson's Creek.

Fudge has also appeared in many television movies, some of which are based on popular series, such as Columbo: Columbo Goes to the Guillotine, Columbo: Columbo Goes to College, Matlock: The Witness Killings, and Murder, She Wrote: A Story to Die For. Well-known movies Fudge has appeared in include Airport 1975, Capricorn One, The Natural and Edward Scissorhands.

He has appeared on Broadway, including being part of the original cast of War and Peace at the Lyceum Theatre in 1967.

Fudge amassed almost 140 smallscreen credits over the course of 37 years in addition to roles in 17 films.

Fudge died from cancer on October 10, 2011 in Los Angeles, California at the age of 77.

He Was In One Little House Episode
Money Crop – 1975- Joseph Coulter

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Alan_f10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: ART LUND   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Art Lund was born on April 1, 1915 in Salt Lake City, Utah, he was an American baritone singer, initially with bandleaders Benny Goodman and Harry James, and was also a television and stage actor.

He was a graduate of Eastern Kentucky University, and received his master's degree from the United States Naval Academy in aerological engineering.

Lund was a teacher of mathematics at a high school in Kentucky, and sang with local bands as a sideline before giving up school teaching to tour with Jimmy Ray's orchestra.[2] He originally billed himself as Art London.

After spells with Benny Goodman and Harry James, he went solo in 1946, and recorded his biggest seller the following year. The song was "Mam'selle", written by Mack Gordon (lyrics) and Edmund Goulding (melody). This gramophone record was #1 in the U.S. Billboard magazine chart and earned a gold disc.[2] Other hits for Lund were "(I'd Like to Get You on a) Slow Boat to China", "What'll I Do", "You Call Everybody Darlin'" and "Peg O' My Heart". He also recorded "Blue Skies", "My Blue Heaven", and "Mona Lisa."

Lund had lead roles on Broadway in The Most Happy Fella (1956); Destry Rides Again (1959), as a replacement for the plot's villain, Scott Brady; Donnybrook! (1961); Fiorello! (1962); and Sophie (1963). Lund also worked in two shows that closed before scheduled Broadway openings, We Take the Town (1962), as Robert Preston's standby; and Breakfast at Tiffany's (1966). He appeared in The Molly Maquires and Greatest American Hero.

Lund was married nearly 30 years [1940-1969] to Kathleen Virginia Bolanz-Lund, until 1969. Kathleen Lund was a passenger in a car driven by friend and former model/actress Rosemarie Bowe (wife of actor Robert Stack), when the car veered into an embarkment, killing Kathleen Lund. Lund didn't remarry until the last year of his life, to Janet Burris Chytraus. Art Lund died May 31, 1990 in his native Utah. He was 75. At the time of his death, Lund was survived by wife Janet, a daughter, Kathleen Ann Olson of Canoga Park, Calif.; a son, Arthur Earl Lund III of Pittsburgh; a sister, Ruth Glover, a grandson and two granddaughters.

Lund has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, at 6126 Hollywood Boulevard.

He Was On One Little House Episode
Money Crop – 1975 – Tom Jorgenson
Camera Left Opposite Wayne Heffley

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Art_lu10
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Art-lu10

Last edited by Davetucson on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: JOHN ALDERSON   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:05 pm

John “Basher” Alderson, born in April of 1916 in Horden, England, was a British-born character actor who appeared in small roles in several classic films and found regular work in TV westerns in the US in the 1950s and 1960s.

He made a brief but memorable appearance in Mel Brooks western spoof Blazing Saddles (1974) as one of the outlaws who reply to a job advert for a gang to terrorize a town. His tough-guy act melts when the chief villain Hedley Lamarr (Harvey Korman) asks him what he is chewing. Chewing gum on line, eh? I hope you brought enough for everybody. Alderson nervously stutters that he did not know there would be so many people, and Korman shoots him.

The son of a coal miner, he joined the Army as a teenager. He appeared in well over 100 films and TV shows, including Gunsmoke, Wagon Train and Bonanza. He was Wyatt Earp in the Doctor Who story A Holiday for the Doctor in 1966. His other films included Hitchcock’s To Catch a Thief (1955), My Fair Lady (1964), The Wild Geese (1978) and Evil Under the Sun (1982). His final film was Young Guns II: Blaze of Glory (1990), in which he played a guano miner.
From 1951 through 1990, he appeared in 135 productions.
He died in Woodland Hills, California in August of 2006 at the age of ninety.

He was in Two Little House Episodes
Money Crop – 1975 – as Henry Holbrook
A Matter of Faith – 1976 – as Turnbull

Money Crop - Left of Melissa Sue Anderson

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 John_a11
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 John_a12

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: JOHN PICKARD   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:36 pm

John Pickard was born in Lascassas in Rutherford County, near Murfreesboro in central Tennessee, in June of 1913. He graduated from the Nashville Conservatory in Nashville, Tennessee. His first acting roles were small parts in films, mostly uncredited, beginning in 1936 as a dueling soldier in the picture Mary of Scotland, based on the 16th century queen, Mary of Scotland.

From 1942 to 1946, Pickard served in the United States Navy, having been the model for naval recruitment posters during World War II.

Pickard returned to acting after the war and appeared in supporting roles in scores of westerns and action dramas before landing the starring role in the syndicated Boots and Saddles. His second film role, also uncredited, came in John Wayne's Wake of the Red Witch (1948).

Pickard's first television guest-starring roles were in crime dramas in 1951 and 1952, respectively -- Racket Squad, with Reed Hadley, and Boston Blackie. In 1954, he guest starred on the legal drama, The Public Defender, again with Reed Hadley. He was also cast on the syndicated western anthology series, Stories of the Century, with Jim Davis, and later on Davis' other series, Rescue 8, based on stories of the Los Angeles County Fire Department. Pickard appeared on Hopalong Cassidy and in 1956 on the CBS children’s western My Friend Flicka. That same year he was cast in another anthology series, Navy Log, and in an episode of Jack Webb's NBC series, Dragnet.

From 1957 to 1958, he filled the lead role of Captain Shank Adams on Boots and Saddles, with episodes set in the Arizona Territory on a United States Army fort. Afterwards, Pickard guest starred in many more westerns including Tales of the Texas Rangers, Dick Powell's Zane Grey Theater, Yancy Derringer, Wagon Train, Johnny Ringo, Tales of Wells Fargo, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, The Texan, The Rebel, Laramie, The Rifleman, Rawhide, The Wild Wild West, and The Virginian. From 1960 to 1975, he appeared in twelve episodes of the long-running CBS western, Gunsmoke, with James Arness, who in 1955 had beaten out Pickard for the series lead as Marshal Matt Dillon.

In 1959, Pickard was cast, uncredited, as a Mississippi River pirate in the episode "The Unwilling" of the NBC western series, Riverboat, starring Darren McGavin and Burt Reynolds. In the story line, businessman Dan Simpson, played by Eddie Albert, attempts to open a general store in the American West despite a raid from river pirates who stole from him $20,000 in merchandise. Debra Paget is cast in this episode as Lela Russell, and Russell Johnson, as Darius.

In 1961, Pickard had brief recurring role of Sergeant Major Murdock in the short-lived CBS western Gunslinger, starring Tony Young.

In addition to roles in westerns, Pickard also guest starred in several dramatic series including Lassie, Perry Mason, Ben Casey, Ironside, Mission: Impossible, Father Murphy and Cannon.
In 1969, he appeared as Frank Ross in another John Wayne film, True Grit. Pickard's final on-screen appearances was in a 1987 episode of the CBS detective series, Simon and Simon.

On August 4, 1993, Pickard, at the age of eighty, was killed by a bull on the family farm in Rutherford County, Tennessee.

He Was In One Episode of Little House
Money Crop – 1975 – The Constable

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 John_p10
The Rifleman - Late Fifties
Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 John_p11

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: GEORGE PETRIE   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:47 pm

George Petrie was born in New Haven, Connecticut in November of 1912. On The Honeymooners he had recurring character roles throughout the series. He appeared on the soap opera Dallas, in the recurring role of Harv Smithfield.

He started in radio drama, and appeared on programs such as the syndicated horror program "Murder at Midnight" in 1947.

Other television credits include: Rawhide, 77 Sunset Strip, The Twilight Zone, Leave It to Beaver, The Andy Griffith Show, Perry Mason, Dr. Kildare, Bonanza, The Addams Family, The Munsters, The Wild Wild West, Hawaii Five-O, Little House on the Prairie, Ironside, Combat!, Maude, Gunsmoke, Cagney and Lacey, Dynasty, Quincy, M.E., Knight Rider, St. Elsewhere, Wiseguy, Night Court, Mad About You and L.A. Law. He made frequent appearances on the Honeymooners, alongside Jackie Gleason and Art Carney.

His passing was noted in the end credits of Mad About You as "For Our Friend George O. Petrie 1912-1997", in the Season 6, Episode 7, entitled "Le Sex Show". George had a recurring role on the show, appearing in 10 episodes between 1994 and 1996 as Sid, Paul Buchman's editing assistant. He also had a very short lived, on screen love interest with Lolly Stemple (played by the late actress, Meg Wyllie), Jamie (Stemple) Buchman's Aunt.

From 1944 through 1996 he appeared in over 130 titles.

He died of lymphoma on his 85th birthday in Los Angeles. He and his wife, the former Patricia Pope, had two children.

He Was In One Little House Episode
As Wiser Heart – 1981 – As Ralph Waldo Emerson

Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 George10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Grove - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next