Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia

Go down 
+27
Kamberley
julmer70
annecimina
Praire Girl
Rickarda
littlehouselover
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
littlehousefan200
Ruth
Rob
LIWnut
Misti
Prairie Dweller
easyt72000
alexczarn
Shell
Lori
Joe
jes9
Rhonda
Vanesa
Honeybee
Krissy
Gin
Davetucson
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Confus10

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 12:03 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Ronnie Scribner was born in 1968
Appeared in two Little House Episodes
Played Jordan Harrison in "BLIND MANS BLUFF" 1979
Played Randal Page in "RAGE" - 1982
His sister, billed as Lisa Scribner guest starred with him
in Blind Mans Bluff as a blind girl at the Blind School of Mary's.
BEST KNOWN FOR HIS ROLE AS RALPHIE GLICK IN "SALEMS LOT"

His last screen appearance was in "RAGE". After that he simply
disappeared from the acting scene. Is now a consumer credit
manager in Denver, Colorado.

Blind Mans Bluff
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Ronnie10
Rage
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Ronnie11
Salems Lot
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Ronnie12 that's creepy!

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:27 am

Davetucson wrote:
BORN IN 1968 - OLDER BROTHER OF
LINDSAY AND SIDNEY (CARRIE). PLAYED
SCHOOL KID IN 9 EPISODES. 1974 - 1981
GUEST STARRED
IN
THE DIVISION 2001
WOMEN 1999
THE PRACTICE 1998
JAG 1997
MELROSE PLACE 1996
BEVERLY HILLS BORDELLO - 1996
PICTURED HERE WITH MITCH VOGEL
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Clay_110
DANCING WITH CARRIE
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Clay_g10
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Clay4810

They look alike!

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Interesting Factoid!

Ruth Foster, who played Miss Foster, was also Karen Grassle's double and personal stand in during her time on Little House On The Prairie.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Excerpts from Maury Dexter's book regarding the death of Victor French and Michael Landon. Maury was a director on Little House and close friend of Michael's.

Victor French
A couple of weeks later, Kent called and said that Vic was in a hospital in the valley with undisclosed problems. It seems Vic became ill while working on a film in England and they immediately flew him back to California. I was shocked, to say the least. A couple of days later, Kent called and stated the he and Mike had gone to see Vic in the hospital and Vic was diagnosed with cancer – throughout his body.

I said that I would see him right away, but Kent remarked that he was so bad, and looked so terrible, that he would not face him or Mike – rather turned toward the wall and would not respond. It nearly broke my heart. Victor was such an incredible guy to work with. He had a great sense of humor and was always coming up with great jokes.

He passed away a very short time later. Vic had no funeral service – rather, a wake at the Gene Autry Western Museum, in Griffith Park, near Glendale, California. There was a lively band and great BBQ as well as about 500 people celebrating his life – not death.

Vic was somewhat of a paradox in that, with his beard and shaggy hair, he looked like an old time cowboy heavy, but was in fact a very intelligent and modern-living guy. I was at his home in Studio City and was flabbergasted at his personal surroundings. The home was elaborately furnished with expensive “modern” pieces. The overall décor was very impressive, totally unlike Vic’s appearance.

I still miss him and sometimes, when watching reruns of Little House and Highway, I still get pangs of emotion, knowing that Vic and Mike are no longer with us. I generally fight back the tears.

Michael Landon

In 1991, we shot the two-hour pilot that Mike had written in and around L.A. It was entitled Us. We started shooting in November of 1991 and finished just before Christmas. Mike rushed the editing in order to get it to CBS as soon as possible – for he was thinking of being ready for the new season that generally would start around September of 1992. Kent called and said a screening of Us would be at MGM Studios for the cast and crew. That was around early February of ’92.

We viewed the show and we all were very pleased with it. About a week later, Mike showed it to CBS and they said, “Go to series as soon as possible.”
Mike took his wife, Cindy and their two young children to Aspen so the kids could play in the snow, etc. Mike was to write the first few episodes of Us. He was to be gone for about three or four days. Less than two weeks later, Kent called and said Mike was back home and was suffering from what was thought to be ulcers. He went to the hospital for a complete examination. They found that he had cancer of the pancreas.

After a little while, he was re-examined and the cancer had spread into other parts of the body. He held a press conference and told his followers that he was going to “beat this thing.” But when I saw him, I knew he was in real trouble, for that “youthful look” had faded and he seemed tired and drawn.
I remember what he told me about Victor not wanting to see anyone in his final days, so I got my info through Kent. He kept me informed on a week-by-week basis. The doctors told him that he had about three months to live, but he refused to give in to the disease. He tried a lot of remedies that were available, including some that fans sent him through the mail.

Approximately three months later, he passed away. Kent called and told me of his passing. I knew it would be all over the news, so I went to the TV and sure enough, around 5 pm, I saw the gates of his estate open and a vehicle, carrying his body, come through the gate and continue down the canyon road toward the ocean. I thought, “There goes a ‘legend in his own time,’” and I thought how fortunate I was to have been a small, but integral part of his incredible career.

After nearly 35 years of being a “household name,” he reluctantly gave up his valiant fight for a few more years of fame. He truly was “one in a million,” or perhaps, with the “stars” around today, “one in 10 million.”
He was a prolific writer, director, star and he did it all with great style and grace. He is sorely missed.

Last edited by Davetucson on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: The Directors   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 2:03 pm

William F. Claxton

William Claxton (right) with Little Guest Star Don Collier (Blanche and Runaway Caboose)
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Willia10
Born in October of 1914 in California, American director William F. Claxton started out as a film editor with Edward Small Productions in 1940. Claxton's first directorial effort was 1951's All That I Can Have. He spent much of the 1950s with 20th Century-Fox's Regal Pictures subsidiary, turning out such worthwhile medium-budget efforts as God is My Partner (1956) and Desire in the Dust (1960); occasionally, as in the cast of Rockabilly Baby (1957), he produced as well as directed. Though his film credits are extensive, he is best known for his TV work, beginning with his producer/director stint on the religious anthology This is the Life (1951-1980). A favorite of the late Michael Landon, Claxton directed Landon in such weekly TVers as Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven. William F. Claxton also directed the feature-length series pilot Bonanza: The Next Generation (1988).
He directed sixty eight episodes of Little House on the Prairie. He also worked with Michael Landon in several episodes of Father Murphy and Highway To Heaven.  
He died in February of 1996 at the age of 81 in Santa Monica, California.

Maury Dexter
Maury on the set of Little House
You can guess the episode - look on the ground!

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Maury_10
Maury Dexter, born June 12th, 1928 in Paris, Arkansas was in the motion picture business all his life. He first entered the business as a teen-aged actor, appearing in an uncredited role as a Union soldier in "Uncivil War Birds", a 1946 comedy short starring The Three Stooges. After a few additional movie roles, he busied himself with stage and TV work until the Korean War and military service intervened.

Upon his discharge, he returned to acting on tv, but for a limited time. Soon after, he began working behind the scenes, eventually producing and directing feature films for Regal Films and American International Pictures. Later he became an Assistant Director working mostly for Michael Landon on his two tv series, "Little House on the Prairie" and 56 episodes of "Highway to Heaven". He directed twenty one episodes of Little House besides acting as an assistant director in many others.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 3:13 pm

'PRAIRIE' SET IS DYNAMITED FOR FINALE

Interesting article done in February of 1984 on the destruction of Walnut Grove Set.
New York Times.......................

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/02/06/arts/prairie-set-is-dynamited-for-finale.html

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Very interesting reading. Thanks Dave!Thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Jennifer Brill   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:44 am

Jennifer Brill, born in January of 1968 in Los Angeles, California, made one acting appearance. She played Hazel in "Whisper Country". This Little House Episode aired in January of 1978 during season four. She is pictured below.......(Camera Left In Brown Dress)
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Jennif10
Jennifer's Mother is Mitzi McCall. Melissa Gilbert's Godmother.
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Mitzi_10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Henry Max Kendrick   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Henry Max Kendrick was born in September of 1933. He was a character actor who appeared in twenty eight titles from 1974 through 1990. He passed away in April of 1990 in Arizona at the age of fifty six.

He was in five episodes of Father Murphy as Sawyer and one episode of Highway To Heaven as an Officer. Other credits included Billy The Kid, The Young Riders, Thunder Alley, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Gunsmoke and The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams.

He was one of those character actors that appeared twice in Little House on The Prairie. Chances are that you would have never noticed that he had two separate roles.

Here he is in "The Faith Healer" in 1979. He played the
man posing as a cripple that was supposedly healed.

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Max_ke10
He popped up again some four years later in the
TV Movie "Bless All The Dear Children". He was the first
sheriff Alamanzo talked to while looking for Rose.

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Max_ke11

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 9:50 am

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Aww, now I'm sad. They were all very special people. Thanks for sharing Dave.

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 MarilynKeeper David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Dorothy Butts   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 11:35 am

Dorothy Butts, birthdate unknown, was an American actress. She appeared in fourteen television productions from 1976 through 1985. They included Good Times, Serpico, Busting Loose, The White Shadow, Stand By Your Man, Trapper John, M.D., The Jeffersons, Robert Kennedy and His Times, and Matt Houston.
She was in one episode of Highway To Heaven as Mrs. Bowles in “Catch A Falling Star” in 1984.

Dorothy  was in one episode of Little House on The Prairie in 1980.
She played the maid in “Dearest Albert I’ll Miss You”
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Doroth10

Her appearances on “The Jeffersons” in two roles as Mrs. Van Morris and Bernice gave her an opportunity to work with a relative.
Isabel Sanford was her Cousin

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Isabel10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Jaimie Siebert   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:12 pm

Two Future Voice Over Artists!

Jaimie Siebert, began his acting career in 1980. He played Timmy in “Dearest Albert I’ll Miss You”. He appeared alongside Matthew in the football scene, helping him to look six feet tall……..Eventually, his career took the same path as Matthew Labyorteaux, both going into voice work.

Since appearing on Little House, Jaimie has worked in eleven productions, some of which included video games. Some of his voice credits include Lord of the Rings:Battle For Middle Earth II – Rise of The Witch King, Spaceforce: Captains, and The Mutilation Man in 2010.  

As Timmy In "Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You" - 1980  
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Jaimie10
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Jaimie11

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:37 pm

wow..didn't know that.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Martin Rudy   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Martin Rudy, born in December of 1915 in Hartford, Connecticut, was an American  actor who appeared in twenty four productions in a career that lasted forty seven years. Some of his credits include Ed, Cagney and Lacey, Sam’s Son, Quincy M.E., and Kojak.

He worked for Michael Landon in  three of his television productions. He played John Paige in an episode of “Father Murphy” in 1982.  Three years later he appeared on “Highway To Heaven” as Frank Sturgis in “The Banker and The Bum”.

He passed away in March of 2011 at the age of 95 in Brooklyn, New York.

Martin was one of those repeat actors on Little House.
In 1980 In “Dearest Albert I’ll Miss You”
Doctor Marx – Leslie’s Doctor

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Martin10

In 1982 In “He Was Only Twelve”
Doctor Stanfill – The Shrink
One of My Favorite Lines That Michael Ever Spoke
“It’s a shame you weren’t around two thousand years ago Doctor!
You could have saved Moses that long walk up Mount Sinai.”

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Martin11

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Will McMillan   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Will MacMillan was born in November of 1944 in Steubenville, Ohio. He was raised in West Virginia and attended Washington and Jefferson College. He worked with Lovelace Marionette Theater in Pittsburgh, PA. He has worked extensively on stage as both an actor and director. Currently 69 years old.

He has appeared in fifty five television and movie productions beginning in 1972 in the White Rat. Other titles include Three’s Company, Charlie’s Angels, Greatest American Hero, Hill Street Blues, Fame, Knots Landing, Matlock, Beverly Hills 90210, The West Wing, and The Enforcer with Clint Eastwood as Detective Lt. Dobbs.

He played a bartender in the Father Murphy episode “The Father Figure in 1982. Prior to that, he worked with Michael in two episodes of Little House.

He played the Bartender in “Chicago” 1981
He also played the third man in “The Faraway Cry” in 1982

Bartender in Chicago
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Will_m10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Robert Donner   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:52 am

Robert Donner, born in New York City in April of 1931, was an American actor who made many appearances in television series and films in a career spanning more than 40 years.

Donner was raised in New Jersey and Texas, and after graduating from high school he spent 4 years in the U.S. Navy. He ended up in the Los Angeles area, working odd jobs and attending college courses in the evening, until his neighbor Clint Eastwood talked him into pursuing an acting career.
Donner's first role was an uncredited part in the 1959 John Wayne Western Rio Bravo; he also appeared in the sequels (which formed a loose trilogy), El Dorado and Rio Lobo. Although never reaching star status, he is a very recognizable character actor. His television appearances have included Rawhide, Bonanza, Ironside, The Young Pioneers, The Incredible Hulk, Falcon Crest, The A-Team, MacGyver, and others.

He is best remembered for his recurring roles as the ex-convict informant "T.J." on Adam-12 and as the oddball 'Exidor' on Mork & Mindy. Donner is well remembered for his role as the eccentric Yancy Tucker on The Waltons. Film credits include Cool Hand Luke, The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing, High Plains Drifter, Vanishing Point, Damnation Alley, The Undefeated and Under the Rainbow. He also was a celebrity guest on game shows like Match Game, Password Plus, Beat the Clock and Body Language.

He remained actively employed in television and film his entire life, completing his last feature film shortly before his death. Robert Donner married producer/writer Jill Sherman Donner in 1982. Donner died on June 8, 2006 of a cardiac arrhythmia, and is survived by his wife Jill and two brothers. He was 75 years old.

One Episode of Little House as
Bart Younger - The Older Brothers - 1983 (Left)

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Robert12

As Yancy Tucker on The Waltons
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Robert13

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Michael Landon Jr. (Updated)   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 11:15 am

Updated Bio On Michael Landon Jr.
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Michae13
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 0705-m10
Michael Landon, Jr., son of the late television and film legend Michael Landon, has been in the film business for over 20 years. Educated at USC and a Directing Fellow of the American Film Institute, he has worked in just about every capacity of the moviemaking process including film loader, 1st and 2nd assistant cameraman, stedicam operator, director of photography, apprentice film editor, production assistant and actor. He has developed and/or produced, directed and written screenplays for Fox, CBS, NBC, Disney, TriStar, Cinar and Hallmark Channel.

His film, “Love Comes Softly,” has won numerous awards including the Camie (Character and Morality in Entertainment) Award, the Movie Guide Award and the Gabriel Award. It also became the highest-rated movie in the history of the Hallmark Channel by 40 percent. When he followed up with the sequel, “Love’s Enduring Promise,” the ratings surpassed even the original giving Landon the top two highest-rated movies in the history of the channel, at that time. Since then, he has written, directed and/or produced four more installments of the “Love Comes Softly” series of films. The DVD release of “Love Comes Softly” has been the top-selling DVD in the Christian Booksellers Association market for three straight years since its release in 2004, and four of Landon’s films in the series rank in the top-ten. In all, Landon has written/directed and/or executive produced eight films in the “Love Comes Softly” series for the Hallmark Channel and Fox Home Entertainment.

As a partner in Believe Pictures, he has written, directed and produced two films for 20th Century Fox, including the theatrically released “The Last Sin Eater,” based upon the best-selling novel by Francine Rivers and “Saving Sarah Cain,” inspired by a novel by best-selling author Beverly Lewis for Lifetime TV. Landon has written, produced and directed the additional Hallmark Channel Original Movies “The Shunning” and “The Confession,” also based on books by Beverly Lewis. A third Believe Pictures film, “The Velveteen Rabbit,” based upon the Margery Williams children’s classic, was released theatrically in February 2009. Most recently, Bird and Landon wrote and produced “Journey to Jamaa,” a true-life African adventure film for the relief organization, World Vision.

Landon recently worked on the Fox Faith feature, “Jake’s Run.” He also co-authored "One More Sunrise," his first novel with best-selling author Tracie Peterson, for Bethany House Publishing.

Landon’s best productions to date, however, are his three children with his wife, Sharee. Michael and his family currently reside in Austin, Texas.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Michael Landon Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 11:48 am

Michael Landon Trivia

His twenty-eight years of full-hour television acting surpasses that of TV legends Lucille Ball and James Arness. (en.wikipedia.org)

Landon appeared on the cover of TV Guide twenty-two times, second only to Lucille Ball (TV Guide, July 6, 1991 (en.wikipedia.org)

Michael Landon never won an emmy award (en.wikipedia.org)

A community building at Malibu's Bluffs Park was named "The Michael Landon Center" following the actor's death (en.wikipedia.org)

in 1998, was inducted posthumously into the Western Performers Hall of Fame at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City. (en.wikipedia.org)

Michael Landon has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 1500 N. Vine Street (en.wikipedia.org)

2004 - TV Land Awards nomination for "Most Memorable Mane", Little House on the Prairie (en.wikipedia.org)

1984 - Golden Boot Award (en.wikipedia.org)

1980 - Western Writers of America won Best TV Script for Little House on the Prairie episode, May We Make Them Proud (en.wikipedia.org)

1979 - Golden Globe Award nomination for Best TV Actor, Little House on the Prairie (en.wikipedia.org)

1970 - Western Heritage Awards won Bronze Wrangler Fictional Television Drama for Bonanza episode, The Wish (en.wikipedia.org)

1969 - Bambi Award won for Bonanza (shared with Lorne Greene, Dan Blocker, Pernell Roberts (en.wikipedia.org)

U.S. President Ronald Reagan and his wife, Nancy Davis Reagan, attended Landon's memorial service the day after his death. (imdb.com)

Had an IQ of 159. (imdb.com)

Won the freshman javelin toss at the University of Southern California-Los Angeles. (imdb.com)

Before he became a successful actor, he worked in a warehouse and at a gas station. (imdb.com)

In 1954, he was the national high school record holder in the javelin throw. (imdb.com)

His father died of a heart attack in February 1959. (imdb.com)

Always claimed to have chosen his professional name by picking the name Michael Landon out of the Los Angeles telephone directory. (imdb.com)

Comedian and ex-talk show host, Johnny Carson was a longtime friend of his and had (in private) always confided in Landon and shared his own issues with him. (imdb.com)

Before his death, he appeared on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962) to talk about his brave battle against cancer and his life and it was the highest-rated show of all time. (imdb.com)

Like his "Bonanza" (1959) co-star Lorne Greene, Landon was a staunch supporter of the Republican Party. (imdb.com)

Started having grey hair at age 20. (imdb.com)

Never legally adopted his stepdaughter, Cheryl, because of her birth father's objections. (imdb.com)

By most accounts he was exactly like the kind, gentle, heroic characters he portrayed onscreen and in fact few, if any, people complained about working with him, something rare in Hollywood. (imdb.com)

Grew up in the southern New Jersey town of Collingswood and graduated Collingswood High School in 1954. (imdb.com)

His stepdaughter, Cheryl, recalled in his biography "I Promised My Dad" that once Landon was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, he realized that all the years of smoking, drinking and eating an unhealthy diet had taken their toll. Later, despite going on a regimen that included a naturalistic approach to the cancer (coffee enemas and a healthy diet), Landon was devastated to learn that the cancer had tripled in size. (imdb.com)

Interred at Hillside Memorial Park, Culver City, California, USA. (imdb.com)

His mother Peggy died on March 15, 1981. (imdb.com)

When he filed for divorce from Lynn, it cost him $26 million. Though he gave her his $3.5-million, 35-room Beverly Hills mansion, this bitter divorce was a devastating blow for Lynn, who stated on TV that her ex-husband had become her angel. (16 April 1981) (imdb.com)

His parents were Jewish and Irish Catholic. (imdb.com)

Wore lifts in "Bonanza" (1959) so he would not be dwarfed by considerably taller co-stars Dan Blocker and Lorne Greene. (imdb.com)

Charles Ingalls, Landon's character on _"Little House on the Prairie" (1974)_, was ranked #4 in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" [20 June 2004 issue]. (imdb.com)

Studied karate under Chuck Norris, as did the children of his "Bonanza" co-star Dan Blocker. (imdb.com)

12 years after his death, his eldest sister, Evelyn, died on New Years' Day, 2003. (imdb.com)

His last wife was former make-up artist Cindy Clerico, whom he met near the end of the "Little House" run in 1981, and married two years later. (imdb.com)

Starred with Victor French in two of his successful TV series. (imdb.com)

Brian Keith and Ernest Borgnine attended his funeral. (imdb.com)

Best remembered by the public for his role as Little Joe on "Bonanza" (1959) and for his starring role as Charles Ingalls on "Little House on the Prairie" (1974). (imdb.com)

He smoked 4 packs of unfiltered Menthol cigarettes a day during his lifetime, which probably contributed to the pancreatic cancer that killed him. (imdb.com)

Is buried at the same cemetery as his TV father, Lorne Greene (Hillside Memorial Park, Culver City, California). (imdb.com)

Children: Mark Fraser Landon (adopted at age 7 in 1956; aka Mark Landon), Josh Fraser Landon (adopted as newborn in 1960), Leslie Ann Landon (b 11 October 1963; aka Leslie Landon), Michael Graham Landon (b. 20 June 1965; aka Michael Landon Jr.), Shawna Leigh Landon (b. 1971; aka Shawna Landon), Christopher Beau Landon (b. 27 February 1975; Christopher B. Landon), Jennifer Rachel Landon (b. 29 August 1983; aka Jennifer Landon), Sean Matthew Landon (b. 6/1986) and step-daughter Cheryl Ann Pontrelli. (imdb.com)

Graduated third from the bottom of his class academically in 1954. (imdb.com)

Inducted (as a cast member of "Little House on the Prairie") into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in 1998. (imdb.com)

Had to drop out of the University of California-Los Angeles because he tore his shoulder ligaments, which would prevent him from throwing the javelin again, and he was attending UCLA on an athletic scholarship. (imdb.com)

His birthplace, Forest Hills, is a neighborhood area in Queens, New York. (imdb.com)

Wrote and directed two movies that were semi-autobiographical: The Loneliest Runner (1976) (TV) and Sam's Son (1984). (imdb.com)

Despite being given a less than three per cent chance of survival, Landon announced he was going to beat his pancreatic cancer. Unfortunately by the time of the diagnosis it had already spread to his liver and stomach. (imdb.com)

The youngest of two children. (imdb.com)

His second wife, Marjorie Lynn Noe, was one of the few people who refused to attend his funeral, because she told her children that the divorce had already been like a death to her. (imdb.com)
He was left-handed, and his awkward handwriting (he often hand-wrote scripts) sometimes made it difficult for his secretary to read what he'd written). (imdb.com)

Actress Melissa Gilbert's son Michael (b. 1995) was named after him. (imdb.com)

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Old West Dentistry   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:20 am

Dentistry In The Late 1800's

Laura About To Get A Tooth Pulled In The Episode "Plague"
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Laura_11

Dentistry in the American frontier of the 19th and early 20th century ranged from the superstitious to the scientific. Outright neglect, patent medicines and emerging technology were the hallmarks of the era. And don't forget John Henry  Holliday, the Old West's most famous dentist.

The Old West could be a very inhospitable place, often devoid of proper medical and dental care. When dental problems did arise, both Indians and settlers were forced to address them in a number of innovative ways.

American Indian Dental Cures

Gum disease and tooth decay were dealt with in Indian country by several means. One was the use of the medicine man, who was called in to exorcise the "diseased spirits" from the afflicted party.
Observing one such ceremony in 1855 was the Reverend William Leach, who wrote of a Pawnee medicine man who "danced around the patient in a semicircle, rattling a gourd...He took a small stone knife and cut an 'x' on Running Wolf's cheek, directly over the throbbing tooth. He sucked at the cut lightly...pretended to draw out the fang...then dashed it into the fire. 'The Evil Spirits cannot use it again,' he said triumphantly!"
In a more scientific vein, the Indians also employed various herbs, roots and grasses which were sometimes heated and then placed on the offending tooth much like an analgesic salve.

Dental Patent Medicines: Alcohol, Heroin, Cocaine

Settlers employed several avenues in dealing with their dental problems. Many opted for the do-it-yourself method, seeking relief through the myriad of patent medicines that were religiously hawked throughout the West.
"Many dental patent medicines contained acids, abrasive substances, alcohol and/or narcotics, such as heroin, cocaine and morphine," reports The Journal of the History of Dentistry (November 2000). One such product, the journal notes, was Mrs. Winslow's Soothing Syrup – "intended to quiet a fretful child during the teething process" – but which "contained generous levels of alcohol and morphine sulfate which could cause coma, addiction or death in an infant."

19th century trade card for Mrs. Winslow's Soothing Syrup
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Card10

Dental Quack Devices
In addition to the often-dangerous patent medicines, an array of dental quack devices were also used by settlers. One of the more popular products of the era was Dr. Scott's Electric Tooth Brush, whose special handle was purportedly "charged with an electromagnetic current, which acts...immediately upon the nerves and tissues of the teeth and gums...arresting decay...and restoring the natural whiteness of the enamel."
Dr. Scott's contraption of course was an outright fraud, bearing no resemblance to today's multifaceted electric toothbrushes.
Pulling Teeth Old West Style
Extraction was the mainstay of Old West dental treatment. Offending teeth were pulled by anyone who could reasonably handle a pair of tongs. The list included barbers, blacksmiths, druggists, physicians and at least one famous author – Jack London.

Old West Dental Technology

A number of modern dental practices did emerge in the Old West as a result of advancing technology. If one were fortunate enough to find such a practice, it probably would have featured the following: a reclining chair, an array of dental instruments, a self-cleaning spittoon, a foot-treadle or electric-powered drill, and a canister for the anesthetic nitrous oxide.

Doc Holliday Dentist and Gunfighter

Famed gunfighter John Henry "Doc" Holliday (1851-1887) was undoubtedly the Old West's most famous dentist. Holliday was, in fact, a trained professional, earning his DDS degree in 1872 from the Pennsylvania College of Dental Surgery.
One of Holliday's greatest accomplishments took place during his first year of dental school. Here he fashioned a swaged gold crown for a six-year-old girl which reportedly lasted until 1967 when the patient died at age 102. Also during that first year the young Holliday performed 38 tooth extractions and 32 fillings.
Following graduation, Doc Holliday moved to Dallas, Texas, where he opened his own dental practice at 56 Elm Street. By most accounts, Holliday proved to be a highly skilled, though largely unsuccessful, dentist of his day. Beset by illness (pulmonary tuberculosis), alcohol abuse and gambling woes, the 36-year-old Holliday died in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, on November 8, 1887.

Gunfighter Clay Allison's Dental Nightmare

Old West dentistry could be dangerous for both patient and practitioner. In Wyoming Territory in 1886, notorious gunfighter Clay Allison, aggrieved that a dentist had mistakenly extracted the wrong tooth, later returned to the scene of the "crime." Here the maniacal Allison grabbed a pair of forceps and proceeded to pull out one of the doctor's own molars. Allison was prevented from doing any further harm when a group of passing men responded to the dentist's frantic calls for help.

At Least The Rates Were Reasonable!
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 144den10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Bill Mullikin   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 12:59 pm

You never know who’s behind the desk! Bill Mullikin was an actor with extensive Broadway appearances. Besides his Broadway experience, he appeared in many TV and movie productions in a career that spanned from 1954 through 1988. They included Twilight Zone, The Andy Griffith Show, National Velvet,  Hell is For Heroes, Gomer Pyle:USMC, The Brady Bunch, That Girl, Mod Squad, Lassie, and Father Murphy to name a few.

He Was On One Episode of Little House
“Times of Change” – 1977 – As The Hotel Clerk

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Bill_m10

As Franklin Pomeroy (Center) in "Irresistible Andy" Andy Griffith Show - 1960
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Bill_m11

He passed away in April of 2010 in Aptos, California

His Obituary:

Bill Mullikin, father, community member, veteran Broadway actor, dead at 82.
Born in Baltimore, Maryland in April of 1927, Mr. Mullikin spent the last few years of his life in the Santa Cruz area with his children after completing a career in acting that spanned over half a century. His career is highlighted with his role as "Cornelius Hackle," in Hello Dolly! A role that he played across the U.S. and internationally, opposite such "Dollies" as Ginger Rogers, Dorthy Lamour, Martha Raye and Phyllis Diller. He made his Broadway debut in the hit musical revue, New Faces of 1952, sharing honors over a two year run with Eartha Kitt, Paul Lynde and Alice Ghostly, later produced as a movie by 20th Century Fox. Other Movie credits include Hell is for Heroes, starring Steve McQueen, Bobby Darren, James Coburn and Bob Newheart.
Although Bill's body passed away last Saturday morning, his spirited stage presence will live on in the memories of audiences around the globe. Locally he will be remembered by the parishioners of St. Joseph's Church in Capitola, as well as the morning chapel attendees at Resurrection Church in Aptos for the joy he brought to their lives. Bill could often be found dancing at the Capitola summer concerts with his beloved daughter Kate, walking the beach paths with his son Matt or enjoying a cup of coffee with his son-in-law Daniel. Bill's dapper appearance and cheery disposition always made people smile. He was a noble man whose love and care for others emanated throughout his being. In the last year of his life Bill was nurtured and loved by the amazing care-givers and staff at Aegis of Aptos, Capitola Manor and the incredible nurses, counselors pastors and volunteers of Hospice of Santa Cruz and the Threshold Choir. His family is consoled by the fact that Bill was surrounded by such devoted, compassionate community members in his last days.
Published in Santa Cruz Sentinel on Apr. 10, 2010

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Hard To Recognize! A shot of Victor French in 1974 In "The Fulfillment". An episode of The Waltons.
Just prior to the Pilot for Little House.............................

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 V_fren10

Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:53 am

Victor looks SO different without the beard and moustache!

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: MIA BENDIXSEN   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:08 pm

“I think it's funny how society so often focuses on the negative stories when there are so many positive ones about child actors who have made that transition and continued to be successful. From the Ron Howards and the Drew Barrymores to the Jodie Fosters, there are so many who have made that transition and transcended the whole child actor thing.”……………………….Keshia Knight Pulliam

Mia Bendixsen was born in April of 1964. She appeared on “Medical Center” at the age of six in 1970. She then went on to twenty one appearances in television and major motion pictures. She recently appeared in “Where’s My Man”, a TV Movie in 2010.

Her credits include Gunsmoke, The F.B.I., Mod Squad, Barnaby Jones, Adam -12, Cannon, Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, Why Would I Lie, and the 1979 movie Prophecy.

With a passion for film she obtained a degree in Film and Television. After college she went onto law school in Boston. After practicing law in New Jersey Mia then used her legal and entertainment skills for 8 years working in the music industry in Los Angeles, working with numerous award winning artists and producers.

After leaving the music industry, Mia turned her focus to giving back to the community.  She worked in politics and for nonprofit groups such as the Humane Society of the United States and Farm Sanctuary as well as various youth groups. Mia raised over 20 million dollars to help further non-profit efforts.

Throughout her career, Mia found that helping people was a key part of her personality, and extremely rewarding. Currently working in the real estate industry, Mia enjoys all aspects of helping families and individuals find and sell homes. She currently lives in the Houston, Texas area with her husband Scott M. Shorey and family.

Mia appeared in one of the heaviest Little House episodes ever produced, opposite  Corinne Camacho who played her Mother.

She was kind enough to respond to an email I sent her. Here's what she had to say about working on Little House.

"Mr. Landon was a wonderful person and very kind man. I remember him as a truly genuine person. I knew Melissa from childhood - we were in ballet together and knew each other from just being child actors. Working with her was fun of course as we had fun being children in general back then. Of course, I loved working no matter what - so it was always fun and a great experience no matter what I was doing or who with. I was lucky to work with a lot of great people."

“My Ellen” as Ellen Taylor – 1977
The girl who drowned while swimming with Laura

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Mia_be13
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Mia_be12
Mia Bendixsen Shorey Yesterday and Today
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Mia_be14[/b]

Last edited by Davetucson on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:16 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:17 pm

Wow, Mia sounds like a really wonderful lady.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next