Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

51st State (Upper Michigan)

Go down 
+5
Carol
Amy
Rhonda
Rob
Honeybee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : 51st State (Upper Michigan) Bokmal10

51st State (Upper Michigan) Empty
PostSubject: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:47 pm

So, I heard that Upper Peninsula Michigan. Wants become their own state. Here's article about it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/06/51st-state-yoopers-are-ta_n_1489252.html

What do Michigan people on this forum think?

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : 51st State (Upper Michigan) Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:36 am

Well, they've made noise about this before. It raises a lot of questions. The most important one is where would we put the extra star on the flag? 51st State (Upper Michigan) 988160
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : 51st State (Upper Michigan) Purple2

PostSubject: Re: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:58 am

When I still lived in California, they were talking about making a North California and a South California, cutting the state in the middle.....That was said over 20 years ago....so, I doubt it happens.....If they do, we'd have 52 States and would have a pack of playing cards....try playing 52 pick-up with that...... 51st State (Upper Michigan) 988160

51st State (Upper Michigan) Rhonda1051st State (Upper Michigan) Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : 51st State (Upper Michigan) Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Rob wrote:
Well, they've made noise about this before. It raises a lot of questions. The most important one is where would we put the extra star on the flag? 51st State (Upper Michigan) 988160

I highly doubt it will happen, nor can I quite imagine it, either! But yeah, I'm not big on 'change' anyway. No

Hey Buttercup, is that a shot from Greenfield Village in your signature?
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : 51st State (Upper Michigan) Happy010

PostSubject: Re: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Rhonda wrote:
When I still lived in California, they were talking about making a North California and a South California, cutting the state in the middle.....That was said over 20 years ago....so, I doubt it happens.....If they do, we'd have 52 States and would have a pack of playing cards....try playing 52 pick-up with that...... 51st State (Upper Michigan) 988160

That's right... don't think it will happen and don't think it will happen in Michigan either

51st State (Upper Michigan) Horses10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : 51st State (Upper Michigan) Happy010

PostSubject: Re: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:01 pm

50 is an even number. Whistle

51st State (Upper Michigan) Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:36 am

Amy, yes it is. I'm imagine, I'm in that chair spinning the wheel of spun. Greenfield is one of my favorite historical museums go to.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : 51st State (Upper Michigan) Happy011

PostSubject: Re: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:34 am

I also Doubt that it will happen there was once Talk about making another Province here in Canada Never Happen

51st State (Upper Michigan) Jacobk1051st State (Upper Michigan) Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : 51st State (Upper Michigan) Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Buttercup wrote:
Amy, yes it is. I'm imagine, I'm in that chair spinning the wheel of spun. Greenfield is one of my favorite historical museums go to.

I'm with you on that! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : 51st State (Upper Michigan) Headac10

PostSubject: Re: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:44 pm

I don't think that will happen

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Amy wrote:
Buttercup wrote:

I'm with you on that! Thumbsup

cool. Thumbsup

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:44 am

It wouldn't bother me if it happened. But, I agree with most here who said it isn't likely to happen.

I went on a field trip with my preschool class to the fire station yesterday and this subject was brought up after one of the mom's mentioned she grew up in the U.P. She joked that it didn't seem likely since there isn't enough population.

I also love Greenfield Village. It is my favorite, with Crossroads Village a close second. The train at Crossroads (Huckleberry Railroad) really makes you feel like you have taken a trip back in time. Love it.

51st State (Upper Michigan) PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 51st State (Upper Michigan)   51st State (Upper Michigan) Empty

Back to top Go down

51st State (Upper Michigan)
Page 1 of 1