Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Baby Number Seventeen!

Go down 
+22
Teresa
Amy
Lori
JW
emilyanneoftheprairie
Rob
Vanesa
Misti
Prairie Dweller
Savannah
RoseRed
bethandmanly
ChristinaAL
HarrisonCrosby4387
LHDaisy
LM
Carol
Debbie
Melissa
Lily
LIWnut
Rhonda
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 3:40 pm

18? Really?

I don't know... by 16 I would've probably started wondering if I was raising too many. But as long as they can handle it and they're good parents, sounds cool with me.

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 7:07 pm

That's alot of kids! But, do you know how much fun it is to be in a big family? I do! Sure, alot of hard work comes with it, (and my family doesn't have anywhere near 18!! lol)! But, hey, never a dull moment!!
When someone complains to my mama about how many kids she has, she wants to say "so, when was the last time I asked you to watch them?" No babysitter, no help from the goverment, just her and my dad, and alot of love!
I do like that house!! That slide would sure be alot of fun! grinsmiley

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Little
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 10:10 pm

How many Siblings do you have Farmer Girl?

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Jacobk10Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 10:51 pm

I don't really have anything against big families... my grandma had 9 kids, but her 9 kids had lives lol

These Duggar girls sow pants for their brothers, they cook for the family, they wash for the family, they have an assigned sibling they have to look out for and are responsible for...... and when asked what they want to be when they grow up, they answer by saying they want to be like their mom :faint2:

Your childhood is so special and it goes by sooo fast and there are so many things you can experience but I don't see the Duggar girls doing that...

If you've watched the movie "Love Comes Softly", you see how her dad doesn't like his daughter Missie doing too much work because she was missing on her childhood and was glad when she found someone that cold help her daughter.

Edited to add: Like I said, I don't have anything against big families... but out of consideration, there should be limits to everything. Abortion and having huge families like the Duggars are going to the extremes to me.....

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:03 pm

Carol wrote:
Well, I read more on the Duggar family as I didn't know too much about them...
Here are some of the concerns I have.

For example, they have this land (7,000 sq feet) and a huge house but only TWO rooms for all the kids... all the boys in one and all the girls in another one. With a house that size... I think the kids could be divided a little more.... :shifty:

Also, it seems like the girls are doing a lot of chores all the time, they are expected to wake, dress, bathe, teach their younger siblings. They wash and cook everyday. Some of the girls have said that they would like to be stay-at-home moms when they get bigger and have lots of kids .....
One of them said that she is most looking forward to is a larger laundry room so she can get the laundry done faster... okay, and this is a girl in her preteen years... and another girl said she was in charge of cleaning her parents' bedroom... Huh?
It seems like this girls and boys are not having a carefree childhood... they have too much responsibilities at an early age. The mother was a cheerleader when she was young... it's too bad her own daughters can't have the same childhood life. No

They use this technique called 'Blanket training' where basically you sit the baby on a blanket. If he/she tries to wander off the blanket, the parent hits the blanket with a stick, wooden spoon, or he gets slapped etc., in order to startle the kid and teach him/her to stay in place. Poor baby... Blue

The kids are being completely isolated from the rest of the world, they only know what their parents have taught or told them. As much as I love my family.... I need my space... I need my chance to grow on my own, form my own individual personality as I experience and socialize.
Bliss

I don't think it's good to be so isolated from the world. Yeah they read the bible but do they forget that in the bible Jesus gave a lot of advice and warning of how his followers should act in bad situations. Why? Because we live in a world where not all things are rosy... we are surrounded by negative things and when we face trouble and choose the right path, it's a way for us to become stronger in the faith. How are these kids going to have a chance to demonstrate how strong in their faith they are? :think:

Anyway, that's all I'll say for now, as I'm at work, but getting ready to go home. :sillySmiley:

Well said girl!.....I have to agree with you!

I don't think i would want that many kids!.......I think i only would want to or 3 kids...... i think id go crazy if that was me living in that house! i would of loved to have like mybe 1 or 2 sisters or brothers but not 17.....

but hey it's there life and if they and the kids are happy and healthy then thats all that matters!

wounder if they will have anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:06 pm

yeah thats very true..... kids should have fun playing..
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptySat May 24, 2008 7:07 am

Hello everyone! :skiss:

I have a really good imagination...
I can just imagine what it would be like to have MY family on TV
and then having people examine and discuss it on discussion boards! Whoa! Help!

ROTFL :Hahaha: :lol!:

(Sure did miss the great smiley guys you have here!)

Okay, back on topic!

I say we all have to live out our lives the best we can and do what works for us.
Also, no matter how perfect a family might seem, kids will often (if not always) have regrets.
That's one of the reasons why parenthood is so humbling!
Those who were allowed to play a lot, may wish their parents had instilled a stronger work ethic.
Those who worked a lot, may wish they could have played more- and on and on.
Even kids raised the same way in the same family come away with different impressions.
As a mother of three grown sons, I can attest to that!
Whew! What a job!

Wave
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptySat May 24, 2008 1:27 pm

Prairie Wind wrote:

I say we all have to live out our lives the best we can and do what works for us.

But if you go back and read Red Rose's comments, you will see that this is actually a destructive way of living. In my humble opinion, it's a selfish way of living...everything we do affects those around us and the planet. My thing is, (and everyone is free to disagree with me here), these 18 children are not here by God's will, but by man's will---this is not 1863. I know people with 8 and 9 children...to me, that's a 'large family'...it's certainly 'pushing it' in today's society, but it's absolutely more acceptable than 18. And I agree with Savannah too...one mother can not be there for all those children. This is not what God had 'naturally' intended, IMHO...even if the love is in the heart and the intentions are good, there are simply not enough hours in the day, hence the girls being 'assigned' a child. As for talking about their family on a message board? I have to agree with Carol---they obviously enjoy the attention and are reaping the financial benefits that their 'brood' has alloted them. Do I think they're good human beings? Yes. Do I think they feel their heart is in the right place? Yes. But do I think they're living selfishly? Yes.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:15 am

I don't want to be mean, either, but I think that since they've been in the spotlight, life has gotten a whole lot easier for them and they like the celebrity.

I'm puzzled to why they are filing for church exemption for their house?

I have nothing against Christian families, but my goodness; they basically have no outside relationships and the are being raised to follow in their parents' footsteps...marry and start the cycle over again.

If there was outside activities and goals and such, I wouldn't mind it but it seems they don't have much of a childhood.

I also think with that big of house, its ridiculous that all the boys and all the girls have to share two rooms.

I don't think this will be the last we hear from the family, or the kids born into it.

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 HummerBaby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 MistiKeeperBaby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Bookclub5Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:16 pm

Well I know some peopel that have 14 Kids I was friends with coupel of there boys once but they move back to mexico again But i don't think they would have to live like they do like they have those soda machines two sets of Sinks there garage is like store its where they keep there food in there when my mom grew up i think her neighbors had 16 kids and they never went that crazy with there house and all i think there house could be half the size it is now

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Jacobk10Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2008 7:16 pm

yah,. i think they have alot of kids. it would be fun and alot of work. i don't know if i would like to be a kid in that family though. i think that i would get tired of having to watch those kids all the time and making dinner and stuff for them. i want to have 8 kids. 4 girls and 4 boys. even that is alot, but i don't want to have a small family but i don't think i could handle a huge family like that!

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2008 8:50 pm

emilyanneoftheprairie wrote:
i want to have 8 kids. 4 girls and 4 boys. even that is alot, but i don't want to have a small family but i don't think i could handle a huge family like that!

My dad is the youngest of 8 kids---4 boys, 4 girls! Wink I'm the youngest of 48 grandchildren!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Cool Amy My Mom is the Youngest of 12 Children i think it were 8 Girls 4 Boys and my Dad was in the middel somewhere from 11 Children i don't know how many of each but i think there were more girls then boys too but my dads family is DIFFRENT then my moms lol and I'm the youngest of 7 Children and Amy I'm also the youngest Grandchild from my Mothers Side but i don't know how many there are i have never seen must of them yet so who knows lol i'll ask my mom yet

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2008 8:58 pm

JW wrote:
and Amy I'm also the youngest Grandchild from my Mothers Side but i don't know how many there are i have never seen must of them yet so who knows lol i'll ask my mom yet

Oh, cool Jacob! Now we have two things in common---American Idol & this!! LOL! Oh, and of course, our love for Little House! Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2008 9:00 pm

Yup Cool Oh and i have been meaning to tell you. You Will be very proud of me i have a Jason Castro song on my MP3 Player the song he sang on Dolly Week Just Travlin through VERY GOOD i just LOVE IT

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2008 9:02 pm

Jacob, NO WAY!! OhMy I AM proud of you!!! ☮ I can see why you like that song...I really loved that one too---Simon didn't like that one, but Randy and Paula did, as I recall. He did a good job on it! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2008 9:05 pm

New you would be shock lol i have the Studio Verison one See we have lots of things in common already i wonder who i will like next year on american idol and who you will like?

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2008 9:10 pm

LOL Jacob! :haha:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby Number Seventeen!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4