Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing

Go down 
+6
Honeybee
Krissy
Gin
littlehouselover
Davetucson
Shell
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing Purple2

Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing Empty
PostSubject: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Another Hollywood marriage has come to end. After 5 years of marriage, Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes are divorcing. They are the parents to 6 year old daughter, Suri.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:08 pm

I think Tom should find a Scientologist and call it a day!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Amen to that, I don't follow celebrity gossip but this didn't surprise me.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:34 pm

It has lasted about 5 yrs longer than I thought it would. I am so sorry for Suri though.

Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:16 am

I'll tell you one thing, if she decides to write a book about her life with Tommy boy, it would probably sell a billion copies in today's world!

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:00 am

I was thinking the same thing as I heard about the break up. I have a feeling things have been bad for a LONG time and she is at a point of loosing it if she don't get out.
I for one won't be in line for that book. Got others of Laura I want instead. Wink

Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:05 am

I've seen enough interviews with him in the last few years to know that he has become a little on the strange side. He did an interview with Matt Lauer that proved to me he has somme issues. I wouldn't be in line for the book either.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:36 pm

I don't think she will for some reason..maybe her character, maybe a contract he had her sign (i heard that happened with his last wife)
There are a quite a few "stars" self-destructing right now...so sad they can't find a stable life in the midst of the fake reality they live in.

I remember "old-timers" like Paul Newman and Alan Alda talking about how not living where they work helped a lot, but that might not work for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:04 pm

It is a funny thing about actors. In doing the guest star sticky, I've profiled about 230 of them and for the most part, they all seemed to be well grounded. I've even talked to a few via email and they have been more than kind when I asked them for some comments or info. The one thing that most of them have in common is that that they loved their craft.
They simply showed up for work, did their part and went home.

I really believe that it is the MASSIVE recognition that the super stars get that some of them can't handle. Money certainly isn't everything. The fact that Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise have a combined net worth of 275 million certainly proves that.

One of the actors that I did told me that the first pre requisite of being a good actor is being a little neurotic in the first place. Maybe thats the key, some are more neurotic than others.

Just depends on the individual I guess.

All I know is that I would have loved to have been given the opportunity to take a crack at it.

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:45 pm

I,too would not stand in line to buy a book about Tom. He is a bit strange. She never looked that happy with him. I feel sorry for Suri.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Jerry Seinfeld said that about comedians too, very neurotic, using humor to get by in life when things were usually not great for them.

I think the character actors seems happier and the ones that stay out of the limelight. America seems the worst, actors like Michael Caiine and Sean Connery weren't angels but they stayed grounded in other ways.They said American actors were different, not as grounded.

So many chase real happiness,always wanting press of some kind, drinking, drugs, women/men, tantrums, it's really sad.

Even when Michael Landon got married, he bragged about his and her face lifts at 26 and 46....he barely had anything to lift and Cindy....she was thin and looked fine to me. What is it about Hollywood that makes everyone go a little nuts.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:34 pm

I'M not suprised one bit either.I'm not a tom fan so i wouldn't waste money on the book!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:34 pm

The problem with Hollywood is they want celebrities to get plastic surgery to stay looking young. They put pressure on the women to be rail thin and that doesn't look good or healthy. Plastic surgery doesn't make them younger, it just makes them look fake.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:26 pm

so true

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 7:53 am

With all the money celebrities have, I rarely see any "good" plastic surgery..they always look a bit "odd".
I think Ernest Borgnine's wife "Tova" had one of the best work done, she just looked nice for her age years ago, so many from shows I watched in the past, I barely recognize them.
Even MG looked odd to me when I saw recent photos and ML wife, maybe they like it which is what counts but I wonder if the atmosphere they live in, as you were saying, makes them think they are "ugly" when they aren't or an agent says, "Botox isn't enough" because they can't find them anything and they listen.

I'm actually distracted by plastic surgery and sometimes I'll fixate on what part of an actors face isn't moving when they smile (no forehead wrinkle or around mouth) It looks odd.

Well, some people need it for different reasons and if you could afford it, there's no law saying you can't, it's just sad what makes you get it sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:59 am

i agree

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:40 am

Katie Holmes surprised many of us by filing for divorce from Tom Cruise, but the apparent reason behind her decision would likely be anyone's first guess.

Scientology.

Sources say the Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes divorce is happening for precisely that reason, specifically her concern that Suri will be introduced to it.

Their daughter is now six, the age where Scientology will begin to be a major part of her life, and Katie fears Suri will be dragged in too deep.

Holmes has never fully committed to Scientology, TMZ reports, despite her ties with the church and more than five years of marriage to Tom.

Many observers felt their marriage would never work for this reason; Katie respected Tom's beliefs, but raising their child his way a different story.

As she's grown, the couple had been arguing over Suri with greater frequency, and Katie eventually filed for divorce to protect the little girl.

A key detail in the Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes divorce filing was the location in which it was filed: The 33-year-old actress made if official in New York.

She does not want Tom, 49, to control decisions relating to Suri's religion, and feels N.Y. is far more likely to grant her request for sole custody.

Holmes reportedly is not after money - she had plenty before they got married and there's a prenup in place anyway - just little Suri Cruise.

Tom deeded their NYC apartment to Katie last year, reportedly for tax purposes; she's using it to establish residence, and file for divorce, in the city.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:12 am

I Feel sorry for the child.She seems to be the reason for the divorce. Tho i guess i kind of understand her reasons.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:59 pm

I hope, Katie gets custody of Suri. Doesn't surprise me either. Run Katie run. Take your baby with you.

I don't know, why people want have plastic surgery in the first place? Just make you young. Eventfully you will get old, as you get older. I can understand, if you need plastic surgery, if your in bad accident. But, make you look young. Not worth it.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:37 pm

i agree.it's a waste of money.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:01 am

Buttercup wrote:
I hope, Katie gets custody of Suri. Doesn't surprise me either. Run Katie run. Take your baby with you.

Well said...I couldn't agree more! I do feel sorry for that child though...divorce is just so heartbreaking, no matter what the age. I hope this doesn't become a huge custody battle. Tom and Nicole have seemed to work everything out well, in the best interest of the kids. I hope the same is true with this couple.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:49 am

Amy wrote:
Buttercup wrote:

Well said...I couldn't agree more! I do feel sorry for that child though...divorce is just so heartbreaking, no matter what the age. I hope this doesn't become a huge custody battle. Tom and Nicole have seemed to work everything out well, in the best interest of the kids. I hope the same is true with this couple.

I feel sorry for the kid, as well. Yeah, we'll just have see. When the media updates their news.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Cruise and Anderson   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:53 am

They are beginning to get brutal with the jokes now about Tommy boy! This was in the news yesterday......a tweet from some guy in New York

“Did Anderson Cooper come out just to let Tom Cruise know he has options now that he’s divorcing?” The Timing is perfect!

laugh3
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Tom always came across, as far as Katie was concerned, too controlling. Like insisting that her name was now "Kate." I do think that from the beginning, they had some sort of arrangement as far as the marrying. One question that does bug me is, when they were discussing marriage in the beginning, I'm sure the subject of if they ever had any children together came up & they had to have discussed if they had any they would be raised in his religion. I"m thinking she agreed in the first place but as the years passed, she got to understand how crazy his religion is & changed her mind. I do think she is the best parent to raise Suri and I applaud her in taking this step to protect her child. I can say that I have never thought she looked too happy being married to him.

Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing HummerTom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing MistiKeeperTom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing Bookclub5Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:09 am

All 3 of them were here while Tom was filming a movie not to long ago. They seemed like a loving family.Looks are deceiving.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing   Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing Empty

Back to top Go down

Tom Cruise&Katie Holmes Divorcing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next