Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Andy Griffith

Go down 
+14
Debbie
littlehouselover
Krissy
Davetucson
Gin
Savannah
Carol
JW
Honeybee
Prairie Dweller
Shell
Rhonda
Amy
Rob
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Andy Griffith - Page 2 Xmassm4

Andy Griffith - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Rob wrote:
I heard that, too, Debbie, but thought I'd heard it wrong. Andy Griffith - Page 2 988160

His museum website states the same thing..

http://www.andygriffithmuseum.com/

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Andy Griffith - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Andy Griffith - Page 2 Rhonda10Andy Griffith - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Andy Griffith - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Debbie wrote:
Such sad news... No

It looks like things are moving rather quickly..

"Andy Griffith, who died this morning, has been buried on the grounds of his farm on North Carolina's Roanoke Island, according to Twiford Funeral Homes. A small group of family and friends held a private service beforehand."

Wow, that was quick. Maybe, his family wants a private funeral. Didn't want Andy lay out. That, they don't want public funeral for his fans. Should be family wish, how they want their lovers be lay out. Even, if their famous. Andy's body isn't prize. He's human being. Fans should show respect, for the family wishes.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Andy Griffith - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Mel's boyfriend just asked if I heard about Andy Griffith. I had no idea. He was just one of those actors that you think will always be here. What a shock and how sad.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Andy Griffith - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Alice wrote:
Mel's boyfriend just asked if I heard about Andy Griffith. I had no idea. He was just one of those actors that you think will always be here. What a shock and how sad.

Feel the same!!!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Andy Griffith - Page 2 208829_10151015156244742_2058915338_n

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:09 pm

I knew him more from Matlock than the Andy Griffith show... it was just till recent that I started watching TAGS.

Rob, what a beautiful scene! :) I found this drawing online

Andy Griffith - Page 2 Opie

Lisa, I tried getting a screen capture of that scene but it comes out too fuzzy. I found this pic though of the statue... not sure if you can draw from that though...

Andy Griffith - Page 2 The_Andy_Griffith_Show_by_YuriPanda

In his memory ...

Andy Griffith - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:01 am

Andy Griffith - Page 2 HeavensFrontPorch

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Andy Griffith - Page 2 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:44 pm

So sad....Blue

That scene from Opie the Birdman is great....and what cool statues! Smile The Andy Griffith Show was/is a wonderful show...... No
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:56 pm

NEW YORK (WLS) - Legendary actor and comedian Andy Griffith was laid to rest quickly, buried by family less than five hours after he died.

Griffith's body was placed in a grave on Roanoke Island near the coast of North Carolina at approximately 11:30 a.m., a funeral spokesman told CNN.

"It had been planned for some time," said the spokesman. "This was the wish of his family."

Griffith, the legendary entertainer who became a household name to millions of TV viewers on "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Matlock," died Tuesday at the age of 86.

In a statement released Tuesday, Griffith's family said the actor died after an illness, with his wife by his side.

Griffith began acting and singing at an early age, starring in productions at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he'd attended college. He made his first Broadway appearance in the 1950s and soon moved into TV and movies.

Griffith garnered Hollywood's attention with his starring role in 1957's "A Face in the Crowd," playing a country boy who schemes his way into TV and politics. In 1960, Griffith landed "The Andy Griffith Show" on CBS. He played Sheriff Andy Taylor, a widower and a wise man who kept the fictional town of Mayberry, North Carolina, in check. He starred alongside his friend Don Knotts for five years. Ron Howard also starred in series, playing Opie, the only child of Sheriff Taylor.

"The Andy Griffith Show" was a hit, and while Knotts won multiple Emmys for his role as Deputy Barney Fife, Griffith never received that honor. He left the show in 1968 but returned for the 1986 reunion TV movie "Return to Mayberry," as well as two more reunion specials in 1993 and 2003.

Recently, Griffith had taken on small roles in such movies as 2007's "Waitress" and 2009's "Play the Game." He also made an appearance on a 2001 episode of the TV drama "Dawson's Creek."

Griffith is survived by his third wife, Cindi Knight, and daughter from his first marriage, Dixie Nan Griffith.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Andy Griffith - Page 2 309349_10151065544628377_1243949868_n

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:38 pm

This is so cute! lol

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Another little guy laugh3

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Andy Griffith - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:07 pm

Andy Griffith - Page 2 85958 I love the birds!

Carol, thanks for the shot of the statue! I might just be able to use that!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Andy Griffith - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Aww, he seemed like he would live forever.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:57 pm

Lisa wrote:
Andy Griffith - Page 2 85958 I love the birds!

The second makes me crack up! He even adds a spin to the tune, kind of like he's saying "Okay! I'm singing it!" LOL! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:20 am

Rhonda wrote:
Andy Griffith - Page 2 309349_10151065544628377_1243949868_n

Smile Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Andy Griffith - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:18 am

Love the video. Glad he did that for us.

Andy Griffith - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:51 am

He died in Manteo, which is where we traveled for the fireworks. They made mention of his passing that night. I didn't know he lived down here now. I was also surprised by his quick burial, but they say it was planned for some time. I didn't know he was ill.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:49 am

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:27 am

I saw this the other day, and avoided reading the whole thing, since I knew it was not going to be good.  I recall when he passed away, his widow had moved things along, rather quickly as far as arrangements and other things going on, as if she didn't want him to be remembered or something....Sad to know that he wanted a museum built there, even though there is already a museum out there.....You would really think she would want to honor him in some way.....  scratchead

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:37 pm

That sounds really bad of her. I mean seriously?

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:21 am

Oh my. What a terrible thing for Andy's widow to do. Makes her sound like a bitter person.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:39 am

Rhonda wrote:
I saw this the other day, and avoided reading the whole thing, since I knew it was not going to be good.  I recall when he passed away, his widow had moved things along, rather quickly as far as arrangements and other things going on, as if she didn't want him to be remembered or something....Sad to know that he wanted a museum built there, even though there is already a museum out there.....You would really think she would want to honor him in some way.....  scratchead

Huh. Yeah, I mean if that's what HE wanted, then why not? I'm trying to figure out how she gains from this. It seems like at least part of the money made from the potential museum would have gone to her, wouldn't it? I mean, 'if' this was about money. Like Shell said, it does make her seem bitter, deliberately not honored her husband's wishes.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Andy Griffith - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:06 am

I'm guessing that there's likely another side to the story. The article says that the home will never be a museum now, "As the actor may have envisioned"...and a friend says that Andy told him that he wanted a museum there....But despite the folksy parts that he played over the years, Andy was a very professional man, and very sharp. If he'd wanted that done, he would have made provisions for that in his will. It may be that he mentioned that to his former costume designer YEARS ago - before the current museum was built. The older that Andy got, the more intensely private he became. He wouldn't attend fan functions or make personal appearances, and was incredibly protective of his private life. His wishes may have changed after the standing museum was built. He may have decided that one "Andy Griffith" museum was enough for him, and his widow may have had the house razed to fulfill his wish for his privacy to be protected. I don't know. . . But either way, I would guess that we're only hearing one side of the story. From all accounts, his wife was deeply devoted to him, so it would seem unlikely for her to do something spiteful to his memory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andy Griffith   Andy Griffith - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Andy Griffith
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next