Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael's Double

Go down 
+4
littlehouselover
bethandmanly
Honeybee
Davetucson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : michael - Michael's Double Bokmal10

michael - Michael's Double Empty
PostSubject: Michael's Double   michael - Michael's Double EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:41 am

They did a good job casting this guy as
Michael's Double! Hal Burton......

What Hal Had To Say About Michael Landon:

May 1991
“For a little guy, boy, can he eat. He once downed three giant-size prime ribs, and it wasn’t unusual for us to have a half dozen eggs and three steaks in a meal. But he keeps in great shape.”

July 1991
“On most shows, at Christmas they give you a bottle of booze. Michael gave $1000 gifts. On Father Murphy, he gave everybody gold coins, TV sets and stereos.”

michael - Michael's Double Michae11
michael - Michael's Double Hal_bu10

Last edited by Davetucson on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Double   michael - Michael's Double EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Wow. He almost look like Michael Landon.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Double   michael - Michael's Double EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:06 pm

They did, but I have to say in the Pilot, you can tell it isn't Michael diving into the water.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Hal Burton   michael - Michael's Double EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:12 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
They did, but I have to say in the Pilot, you can tell it isn't Michael diving into the water.

Sure you can, along with many other faraway shots, but 99% of the people that watched never knew the difference.........

He also played an
Indian brave and a soldier in the pilot besides doubling for Mike..........
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: The Things You Learn!    michael - Michael's Double EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Judo Gene LeBell, who was a professional wrestler in the 50's and 60's was also a stuntman on Little House...........
michael - Michael's Double Judo_g10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Double   michael - Michael's Double EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:44 pm

I heard he gave some nice Xmas gifts. I think they got the hair right!
I never understood how Cindy Clerico stood in for Mary...she was blonde like Mary's, but not her size, maybe she didn't need to do it often or it was for far away scenes.

Last edited by littlehouselover on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : michael - Michael's Double Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Double   michael - Michael's Double EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:39 pm

There are times I can tell when Michael isn't driving the wagon because of the rim of the hat was folded up.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : michael - Michael's Double Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Double   michael - Michael's Double EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:40 pm

I wander who Melissa Gilbert's stunt double was in The Hunters.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Double   michael - Michael's Double EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:45 pm

This article from a Bonanza forum talks of how Michael was then with food and money and how he started writing:

http://ponderosascenery.homestead.com/files/library/tvarticle15.html

I enjoyed this bio also, his personal life was bit much, especially early on, but his work I'll always love.

http://ponderosascenery.homestead.com/files/castbios/joe.html
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Double   michael - Michael's Double EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:26 pm

Thanks for those links, Prairie Girl. I really appreciated to knew more about Michael Landon's early career. Smile

As for the "double" thing, I never could tell when he was doing this or that inestead of Michael...But maybe because I never paid REALLY close attention to the fact that Landon MUST have a double for dangerous takes. When I was younger, I supposed that Michael played ALL Pa parts... ShyGirl

Vanesa.

michael - Michael's Double Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Double   michael - Michael's Double EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:17 am

They had a pretty extensive bio, I liked reading about how he started to write, how he went from quick scenes, acting with few words to more and more dialogue and time on screen.
I also saw they mentioned how he wrote, "To Dream a Dream" which he repeated in part on LHOP. I don't remember seeing it but "The Hunter" on Bonanza sounded very dark that he wrote about a deranged man hunting people for prey...they had a Criminal Minds almost identical to that! (scary) I'm glad THAT wasn't brought over to LHOP.

I also found the thoughts that Mr. Garvey might have been like "Hoss" on Bonanza , someone familiar to Michael, I know he missed him a lot. He was big and simple but Hoss was bright in many ways. I don't think Mr. Garvey had the same appeal.
It said while he had a falling-out with Victor French for 2 years, he filled the void and then in 5 minutes they made up and Mr. Edwards returned and Mr. Garvey left. Money seemed to be an issue with a few cast members but their friendship was stronger than their argument.

I haven't watched Bonanza much over the years but I will check out certain episodes that were similar to LHOP especially "To Dream a Dream."

Last edited by littlehouselover on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : michael - Michael's Double Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Double   michael - Michael's Double EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:59 am

wow

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Double   michael - Michael's Double Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael's Double
Page 1 of 1