Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breaking Amish

Go down 
+9
MissOleson
JW
Lori
Amy
Debbie
bethandmanly
Krissy
Rob
Carol
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Breaking Amish - Page 2 Love-s10

Breaking Amish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Amish   Breaking Amish - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:04 am

MissOleson wrote:
Whereas this one, I think, has given these people too much too fast (i.e. all of NYC) and naturally they are going to be more tempted to do "naughty" (for lack of a better word) things right away. I just can't understand why they would basically send these people, who have really not had any experience in a city before, to an extrememly city-like city. Do you know what I am saying? Am I making sense? I can't really think of the right words for it. But I think this whole experiment on TLC's part is silly.

Typical 'reality' TV, I guess...there's a lot more shock value placing them in NYC than say....Michigan. Whistle HeeHee TLC played their cards right---they'll get plenty more viewers this way, that aren't looking for 'interesting', but rather 'shock'. Sad comment on our society, huh?! Yikes
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Breaking Amish - Page 2 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Amish   Breaking Amish - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 5:39 pm

This show is turning out to be totally fake. Shame on TLC...

Here are a few articles from one of our local news channels..

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story/CBS-21-reveals-the-violent-secret-past-of-one-of/RsX1Nua6KEOkaYjR8-aFpA.cspx

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story/Ex-wife-of-Breaking-Amish-cast-member-speaks-out/bRHFbzPreEGqgDdZqvtmCA.cspx

Pic ~ Rebecca and Abe w/ their child.. (When she still had her teeth)
Breaking Amish - Page 2 Abe-Breaking-Amish-baby

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Breaking Amish - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Amish   Breaking Amish - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 5:48 pm

I only watched it once and about fell over when the girl took her teeth out!
Yes, the language for me was the reason I turned it off.

I LOVE Beverly Lewis' fiction books based on the Amish, so my vision of them is not as this show has them appear. I'm sure there is alot of them that wants out, but to make things worse by putting cameras in front of them is just weird. They will be shunned now for life.
We need less reality shows of any kind. I'm sticking with the Hallmark channel.

Breaking Amish - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Breaking Amish - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Amish   Breaking Amish - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Wow Debbie, thanks for the info

I do have to say that for people who had JUST left the amish, these people were pretty worldly and it amazes me how much Sabrina, Jeremiah and Kate cuss and how much they drink...
Jeremiah acts like a JERK! He is so immature, actually, they all seem to be.

Not cool... I am about to take this show of my list... No

Breaking Amish - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Breaking Amish - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Amish   Breaking Amish - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Buttercup wrote:
I thought Amish wore dark colors, not light colors. Are they Mennonites?

I will have check it out.

Amish and Mennonites are different, Amish are isolated from the "outside", Mennonites not so much so.

Breaking Amish - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Breaking Amish - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Amish   Breaking Amish - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:47 pm

wow..just wow.so sad

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Breaking Amish - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Amish   Breaking Amish - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:02 am

alexczarn wrote:
Buttercup wrote:

Amish and Mennonites are different, Amish are isolated from the "outside", Mennonites not so much so.

I am Mennonite Smile Alex is right Amish and Mennonites are different mennonites are more worldly, My group of mennonites are very modern except for our Clothes women wear Dresses and Head coverings, men wear Shirts with Buttons for the most part, But there are also Old Order Mennonites that are very Similar to Amish but yet different

Breaking Amish - Page 2 Jacobk10Breaking Amish - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Amish   Breaking Amish - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:04 am

JW wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
Buttercup wrote:

I am Mennonite Smile Alex is right Amish and Mennonites are different mennonites are more worldly, My group of mennonites are very modern except for our Clothes women wear Dresses and Head coverings, men wear Shirts with Buttons for the most part, But there are also Old Order Mennonites that are very Similar to Amish but yet different

I knew that Mennonites drove cars and such, but I didn't realize they were able to use computers.. Very neat. The Mennonites here have to drive black cars. Is that the case with you, Jacob?
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Breaking Amish - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Amish   Breaking Amish - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:51 am

I know my dad ggrow up around Mennonites when he was young. He said they were the most nicest ppl ever.

I had no idea that they could use comptures either.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Breaking Amish - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Amish   Breaking Amish - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:53 pm

Yes Debbie there still lot of groups that can't use Computers and TVs i have some cousins that are in a more stricter ordnung they can't use Computers either,
As for the Color of the Vehicle does not matter in my group, My Group only excepted Vehicles in the late 70's then in 1983 they excepted the electricity
I have always wanted to visit the mennonites in Pennsylvania maybe someday soon

Breaking Amish - Page 2 Jacobk10Breaking Amish - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Amish   Breaking Amish - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:44 pm

You should really come to Lancaster County, PA Jacob. I think you would really enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Amish   Breaking Amish - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking Amish
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2