Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any Good Movies to See?

Go down 
+17
Kristina
Misti
julmer70
Krissy
Debbie
Davetucson
Rob
bethandmanly
Honeybee
Savannah
Amy
LIWnut
Lori
HarrisonCrosby4387
littlehouselover
Praire Girl
MissOleson
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Happy010

Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm actually dying to see this one, Dave! It's strange, because I'm not usually into these type of movies (can you say, 'chick flick' gal?). Anyway, I saw the previews to this, and I am intrigued!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: LINCOLN   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:10 pm

The movie deals with the difficulties that Lincoln had passing the amendment freeing the slaves from NORTHERN politicians, and the awful difficulties he had during the Civil War.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm going to try to catch it this weekend! If not, next weekend for sure.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:26 pm

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
Can I mention a film that won't be released for quite a while?

If I can, I want to say that I'm already really looking forward to Catching Fire, the second film in The Hunger Games series. I'm only dissapointed that it won't hit theaters until November 22, 2013!

I haven't read the books or seen the movie, and likely I never will.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Looking forward to this one!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Rob wrote:
Looking forward to this one!

Me, too!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 8:24 pm

I was going to see Lincoln tonight, but the weather is crazy here. :( Plus it's Black Friday and the parking lot will probably be full.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Here's the rundown of the Thnaksgiving weekend's top movies, per Friday-Sunday domestic estimates as reported by the studios and Exhibitor Relations:

1.The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2, $43.1 million
2.Skyfall, $36 million
3.Lincoln, $25 million
4.Rise of the Guardians, $24 million
5.Life of Pi, $22 million
6.Wreck-It Ralph, $16.8 million
7.Red Dawn, $14.6 million
8.Flight, $8.6 million
9.Silver Linings Playbook, $4.6 million
10.Argo, $3.9 million

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:51 pm

I have one son off at college going to see The Hobbit's midnight showing, and my teenage son just left to see the midnight showing here. (And still has to get up for school in the morning...he took an evening power nap. Wink ). Is anyone heading to see it tonight or this weekend?

I really do want to see it, but I can wait until the hype wears down. The only movie I'm counting the days until is Les Mis. The boys and I will probably go see it on Dec. 26th. Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 10:39 pm

Les Mis is the one I really want to see, but going alone isn't my cup of tea......we'll have to see what happens.... scratchead

Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Rhonda10Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:52 pm

I don't know if I wanna go see Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 3D. I have seen all of the rest, the last one gave me nightmares!!! Noo Yikes
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:30 am

Davetucson wrote:
Saw "Lincoln" the day before Thanksgiving. Absolutley awesome movie if you are into historical facts about the Civil War. Marvelous cast and very well done. Spielberg did a great job on this one!
Oscar material for Daniel Day Lewis
Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Lincol10
I saw it the weekend it opened, OF COURSE!!! grinsmiley I LOVED IT!! Now, I will say it isn't probably a movie for everyone. It is a political film and not a biography (my brother didn't read anything about it before he saw it and was disappointed to find out it wasn't a biography - but he still liked it). And maybe some people won't want to sit through something like that. But I loved it! Seriously, I think this is definitely the film that SHOULD win Best Picture, but I know it won't. And if Daniel Day-Lewis doesn't win for Best Actor, then I will think everyone in Hollywood is just plain stupid. I honestly don't know if anyone could come near that performance this year. That man IS Lincoln in this film.

Amy, I plan on seeing "Les Mis" on December 26th, too! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:35 am

I have yet to see 'Lincoln.' However, 2 other movies I'm dying to see are "Guilt Trip" w/Barbara Streisand and "Parental Guidance" w/Bette Midler. Those 2 look like they will be funny! Believe me, we NEED more comedy in our lives! Smile
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 am

My dad just saw Lincoln and LOVED it too, Miss Oleson. Thumbsup My boys do want to see it so I'm hoping we can get to it before it leaves the theater. My dad, son & I were planning to see Argo together, but it's already left our theaters. Blue They sure don't keep movies in theaters for long anymore, even the good ones.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:28 am

Wow! "Argo" is out of the theaters there already? I still haven't seen it. I was considering seeing it when it got to the Budget Theater (only $1 on Tuesdays - $2 otherwise Smile ). It is still in about two theaters here, I think.

No, I don't think it seems like they keep movies in theaters as long anymore either. It isn't like they are rushing to get the movies released on DVD or anything like that. I wouldn't say if that seemed to be the case. Sometimes it seems like a movie that was just out is released on DVD pretty fast, but I think a good majority of them still seem to take a little while to be put on DVD.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:47 pm

I still have yet to go see Breaking Dawn 2!!! OhMy
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: The Odd Life of Timothy Green   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 10:24 am

I have very seldom been touched by a movie like this one.
If you love your kids, this a must see! Beautifully written
with a wonderful, loving message.......Available on DVD
A Disney Masterpiece!
Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 538910

Last edited by Davetucson on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 3:14 pm

I have been wanting to see The odd life of Timothy Green AND Lincoln. Just haven't had time to go. Guess I'll get it on dvd later.

Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Miss Oleson, did you see Les Mis yet? I knew you were planning on going right after Christmas. We just went today and I absolutely loved every minute of it. Love I feel physically drained though, because of the emotional whirlwind it takes you on. So many tears....I'd think I'd be done, and then yet another tear-jerker song would come a short while later! Yikes But Oooooh, so good. I can't imagine any musical lover not loving this. I have a hard time comprehending some of the negative reviews.

I'm anxious to hear what you thought!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:39 am

Summer 2013

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:59 pm

Wow Dave, that looks really good!! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:54 am

I didn't know there was a new Superman film coming out...it's been a long time. Looks good and more updated.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Anyone going to see the new Oz???? OhMy

Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Oz-the-great-and-powerful-banner-poster

Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Rhonda10Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:00 am

I want to see Silver Linings Playbook and Lincoln, not sure if either of them are still in the theater
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies to See?   Any Good Movies to See? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Good Movies to See?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next