Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning

Go down 
+4
jessicamarie
Krissy
Honeybee
MissOleson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning Indiff10

I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning Empty
PostSubject: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:09 pm

I have decided that I am going to read them all from the beginning, but I am including the other ones, too (Rose, Caroline, Martha - you know what I mean Smile ).

I think I will begin them in January. I will start with Little House In the Highlands and finish with Bachelor Girl. After that, I will read other books with Laura's writings. I will then venture into the books that are about Laura and her family written by others.

Farmer Boy will have to wait until I am finished with all of the girls' stories and the Ingalls family. I will then continue with any books on the Wilders that I own.

I am quite curious to see how long this will take me. Since I am on Goodreads, I like to participate in their Goodreads Challenge. The problem here, with these books, is that I have read a great deal of them (there are still those that I haven't had the chance to read). So, because I have already read them and rated them, I can't do it again. No So they won't get counted in my list of books read for 2013. That is too bad.

Anyway, I think this will be fun. I could really just watch the entire series again (I watched it practically straight through), but that actually put me into such a funk when it was done. It really depressed me and I couldn't tell you why! I am not in the mood for a downer. So I will just read these books. Not like they will all be upbeat stories, but I can handle that better than watching the show. Smile

We'll see how I do.

I just realized that this is the first resolution of 2013! To read all of my Little House books. I've wanted to do this for a long time and now I plan to do so! Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3579
Mood : I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Good for you. I'm rereading Little House Prairie Books. I don't have the all the other books. I'm on goodreads too. Smile

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Buttercup wrote:
Good for you. I'm rereading Little House Prairie Books. I don't have the all the other books. I'm on goodreads too. Smile
Thanks. The reason I won't start these now, though, is because Halloween and Christmas are coming up. I am dorky enough to have to read stories that are associated with those times of the year instead of other ones. And I think January is a good time to start from the beginning with something. Smile

Have you ever participated in that Goodreads Challenge?

If you want, I could give you my profile link on Goodreads. But I warn you, I read weird things. I am aware of it. I know I am quite nutty with what I read. At least I admit it. Smile

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning Headac10

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:26 am

That's nice!!!..Enjoy reading them!!!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:52 am

I now what you mean about watching the show, and getting depressed! The same thing happened to me this summer when I watched all the seasons start to finish.
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:58 pm

jessicamarie wrote:
I now what you mean about watching the show, and getting depressed! The same thing happened to me this summer when I watched all the seasons start to finish.
Finally! Someone else that understands what I mean about that!!

Also, I tell people to NEVER watch "Look Back to Yesterday" commercial-free on the DVD. When you watch that straight through, it is torture. bawling

Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Oh my word, when I watched that episode, I think I cried three hours strait!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 1:18 am

Yes...It's true that some of the epies of our favorite shows make us cry a lot.... bawling

Vanesa.

I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 1:34 pm

jessicamarie wrote:
Oh my word, when I watched that episode, I think I cried three hours strait!
Tell me about it! cryB

Vanesa wrote:
Yes...It's true that some of the epies of our favorite shows make us cry a lot.... bawling

Vanesa.
BUT have you watch "Look Back to Yesterday" without any commercial interruptions or breaks? It is VERY hard to make it through when it is watched that way. Do it sometime if you haven't. If you thought it was depressing before, watch it THAT way! Blue

Back to top Go down
orangecake
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:58 am

I enjoyed them as a kid. I might read them again sometime. Currently I'm reading Anne Of Green Gables. I loved the PBS series. I can't believe it's almost 30 years old. I met Jon Crombie (Gil) backstage in my hometown in 2009, during his appearance in The Drowsy Chaperone. He was really nice.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:38 pm

I still haven't read the Little house books.I've got so many books to read. LOL

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning Confus10

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:22 pm

good luck on this! I may try. Let us know how it goes!.. we'll be waiting. Smile

I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
littlehouse1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 3:02 pm

good luck. let us know when you're done reading the books. :)
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 3:07 pm

How's it going?

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Well, I have been finished with all of the pre-Laura series for awhile now.  I wasn't really a big fan of those at all.  In fact, I have a somewhat not-so-great-sounding review of them somewhere on here. Smile  

Then I got into Laura's books again.  Oh, it was actually refreshing to read them.  They are so good that I almost cried when I finished them.  There is definitely NO comparison between the other ones and hers.  And I just flew straight through her books.

I have been trying to get through the Rose series now.  I really liked the first 2 books, but this 3rd one is kind of torture.  It seems to be taking me awhile to get through it.  I don't know what it is exactly.  It may be the writing style of his.  He tends to repeat a lot of the dialogue in there.  And, in my opinion, he makes everyone sound very "simple".  And I don't care for that at all.  I really was hoping to reach my goal of actually getting them done this year (though I know I said I would last year), but it isn't going to happen.  I just hope that when I do make it through the rest of the Rose series, they won't be as boring as the third one has been.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning   I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning Empty

Back to top Go down

I've Decided to Read Them All (Again) From the Beginning
Page 1 of 1