Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! Happy010

Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! Empty
PostSubject: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Now I am showing my age...but do you guys remember 'Battle of the Network Stars?' When I was a kid, they would show that twice a year! I used to love watching that...the stars from the then "3" major networks competing in many Athletic sports. For you young 'uns, the 3 major networks at the time were ABC, CBS, & NBC. Howard Cosell used to host it. I never knew which team to root for! Anyway, I saw they were showing that this past Monday on ESPN classic, so I dvr'd it. I've seen bits & pieces of it...it was from November '83. So many people there...including a very young Heather Locklear! I also hear they will be airing these every Monday night for a while. I was having too much fun watching this.

This show should come back. Then again, I can't imagine what "stars" they can bring for this...there would probably be quite a bit of reality stars competing. Also, there would be a lot more networks added (Fox, CW, some cable channels).

If you have ESPN classic, check it out! It will blow you away! Smile
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Oh! I'll have to check out if I have that channel!
I remember buying a video from someone on Ebay who had recorded the episode where Melissa Gilbert appeared. I still have it somewhere.

Here is a clip of her race against Kristie

It WOULD be cool if they were to do this with all the celebrities now. I would definitely watch! Thumbsup

Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! Horses10
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:14 pm

I can't watch this one yet because I'm at work...however, I think I saw this, way back then! Didn't Kristy beat her...BIG TIME?!? Or was that a different race? LOL
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Jules, I made the sacrifice of watching the video just so I could let you know if that was the same one. Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! 773783 Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! 440956 Yep - Kristy beat her BIG TIME.
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Awww, thanks Lisa! That was so sweet! laugh3

Poor Melissa...then again, in a way, I'm not surprised! Kristy looked a lot more athletic.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:37 pm

That was interesting! Funny how Melissa hung on those bars like a Prairie dangler. Boy, Kristy could move!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Rob wrote:
That was interesting! Funny how Melissa hung on those bars like a Prairie dangler.

Rob!! laugh3

Battle of the Network Stars was SUCH a big deal!! Applause So much fun to see your favorite stars battling it out. happy1 The other one that was fun was Circus of the Stars. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic! Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!
Page 1 of 1