Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Almost 40 years!

Go down 
+7
Savannah
LIWnut
Gin
bethandmanly
Kristina
Amy
littlehouselover
11 posters
AuthorMessage
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:30 am

I was thinking how nice it would be to have a 30 year reunion show and I then realized with some quick math, in 2014 it will be 40 years since LHOP premiered. Wow, I felt old : )
Even more amazing how the love of it goes on. I heard a woman say yesterday (not just because of LHOP) that she wouldn't go with ATT for TV because they wouldn't give her Hallmark channel. She hates so many of the newer shows and wont give up her corney but warm TV. : )

Who knows....maybe a 40th reunion? (worked for the Waltons)
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Almost 40 years! Love-s10

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 am

Gosh, I hope so. It is long overdue. I have a hard time envisioning Melissa Sue and Alison in the same room together though. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : Almost 40 years! Bokmal10

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:17 am

I didn't realize it had been that many years since LHOTP first premiered! But it would be wonderful if there was a 40th reunion of the cast, I'd love to see where some of them are today.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:18 am

Well, Melissa Sue hasn't always participated in this things, so she might not attend. I would love to see them sit down and talk about the show, Michael Landon, Victor French, Dabbs Greer, and Merlin Olsen. I honestly can't believe the Friendly family wouldn't want this either.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:37 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Well, Melissa Sue hasn't always participated in this things, so she might not attend. I would love to see them sit down and talk about the show, Michael Landon, Victor French, Dabbs Greer, and Merlin Olsen. I honestly can't believe the Friendly family wouldn't want this either.

I would think that they would want this too. I think we can guess many of the cast members would be on board. It would be a shame if Melissa Sue chose not to be there though, since she was part of the immediate family and more the star than a lot of them. I know she's opted out of a lot of things, but this being the 40th, it would be neat if she would be a part of it.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Long overdue is right! We are really lucky to have Dabbs Greer on the dvd interviews.
I would love to hear them talk of filming several episodes as well as their hope/wishes for their charactor.
Maybe they can put their differences aside for all of us fans.

Almost 40 years! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:45 pm

They did a great round circle with MASH and Happy Days on TV. Melissa Sue could not be next to them and just act like adults. Granted the girls (Melissa G and Alison) already disrespected her so much she had written Alison a letter, but just for the fans, they can discuss OTHERS, not so much interactions with people off the set on breaks. On Walton's, they said what they were doing, talked about other actors on show, but not how they did things after work.
I'm sure for an hour, they can concentrate on the magic of the show, funny things, tributes to dead actors.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Almost 40 years! Cloud910

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:05 pm

The cast do have reunions. In 2009 (I think) 9 members of the cast gathered in Keystone, SD. It was wonderful to get to meet them all. It was a small gathering but it was really nice to be able to get to have personal time with them without the huge crowds. They also met in Nebraska a few years before Keystone.
Reunions do happen, keep your ears open.

Almost 40 years! MarilynKeeper Almost 40 years! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 pm

That's true, but it's usually in the same places and only a handful of actors. I'm sure they charge also and have things for sale. While I would love to meet some actors in person, I think a free TV show, with clips, comments, laughter and available to all, would be nice.

It seems "Carrie" was to thank for getting more actors to come to this one:
http://rapidcityjournal.com/entertainment/article_9713258a-084a-5124-bf80-414e1fa2082d.html
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:30 pm

LIWnut wrote:
The cast do have reunions. In 2009 (I think) 9 members of the cast gathered in Keystone, SD. It was wonderful to get to meet them all. It was a small gathering but it was really nice to be able to get to have personal time with them without the huge crowds. They also met in Nebraska a few years before Keystone.
Reunions do happen, keep your ears open.

littlehouselover wrote:
That's true, but it's usually in the same places and only a handful of actors. I'm sure they charge also and have things for sale. While I would love to meet some actors in person, I think a free TV show, with clips, comments, laughter and available to all, would be nice.

Right....I know they've had several reunions/get-togethers in the past, but we're talking about finally getting a televised event, that everyone could participate in. Thumbsup That's what we all meant by 'long overdue'. Like Cheryl was saying, this will come down to what the "Friendly's" will allow, I guess. Here's hoping! pray
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Almost 40 years! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Almost 40 years! Happy010

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 pm

It would be nice to have something that everyone could enjoy. The majority of fans can't take part in something that's at a singular location to meet the actors in person - but a televised event would be really nice! I kind of doubt that we'll see it if it hasn't happened in all these years - but we can always dream. Almost 40 years! 771460
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Almost 40 years! Headac10

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:34 pm

agree with lisa

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Almost 40 years! Happy010

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 am

Whoa, I didn't realize it was so long ago...

Almost 40 years! Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:39 pm

Amy wrote:
Gosh, I hope so. It is long overdue. I have a hard time envisioning Melissa Sue and Alison in the same room together though. Whistle

Amen! HeeHee

Vanesa.

Almost 40 years! Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:07 am

When you guys say a televised event, do you mean with the actual characters, or just with the actors? I think either would be really great. Laughing
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 am

I meant a special with the actors discussing the show. It has been done very well with other TV shows and usually is an hour or 90 minutes with so many commercials now. : )

A TV reunion show I think will never happen. With Walnut Grove gone and with the permission having to come from Ed Friendly's family (?) I just don't see it.

It could work if they take the story away from there, make it slightly more modern, time would have had to go on, and Laura visits Ma with a grown up Rose or someone else is getting married, but there are too many gone.
Without Michael, (would you just say he died?) Victor French, Rev Alden, Doc Baker, Percival, there would be a big hole and I personally, wouldn't want to see anyone else play them.
"Albert" was killed off, so he couldn't be there and "Cassandra" is now blonde and on to other things.
In my mind, it would be a nice thing, but at this point would seem "sad" and maybe I'm wrong, but I think fans would want to see them in the "Little House" or what is familiar to them and Michael just didn't want that.
Ten years ago or earlier, a great idea though IMO.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:34 am

jessicamarie wrote:
When you guys say a televised event, do you mean with the actual characters, or just with the actors? I think either would be really great. Laughing

I always pictured it being with the actors, but with the actual characters would be great! grinsmiley I like that idea!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Almost 40 years! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost 40 years!   Almost 40 years! Empty

Back to top Go down

Almost 40 years!
Page 1 of 1