Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pinterest

Go down 
+13
Lori
Kristina
Savannah
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
Honeybee
Carol
Julia
Vanesa
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
alexczarn
Debbie
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Pinterest - Page 2 Love-s10

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:43 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Buttercup wrote:
Theirs lot of stuff, I want. I can't afford. It's pinning your favorite things. Like, if you have favorite books you love to read. You can pin them under books board. You can pin different kind of cats, put them under the cat board.

That sounds instersting/

Krissy, I have to say, I really think you'd love it. You get over the 'depressing' aspect of not being to have things you can't afford. For me, it's an extension of what I've always done, which is to clip things/ideas that interest me out of magazines and put them into folders. The boards are like 'folders'. And I love that I can reference ideas I've had at the click of a board, and get ideas from others too. Pinterest is basically online 'dreaming', and it's fun to dream. Love As long as you don't get addicted and don't allow it to consume all the things that interest you in 'real life', it's a fun past-time. Thumbsup I somehow got hacked though, and since I deleted my account it's 'saying' I'm still active even though I'm not on anymore. The worst part about Pinterest is that their customer service is just terrible. I have literally been trying to contact them by email for SIX months to no avail. I think they have 10 to 15 emails from me by now. I may just have to get back on using my husband's email address instead. I really miss it!!

Glad you're enjoying it so much, Melissa! Applause Some of the DIY and craft stuff on there just amazes me. Hard to believe how creative some people are!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Pinterest - Page 2 Headac10

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:47 am

Amy wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Buttercup wrote:
Theirs lot of stuff, I want. I can't afford. It's pinning your favorite things. Like, if you have favorite books you love to read. You can pin them under books board. You can pin different kind of cats, put them under the cat board.

That sounds instersting/

Krissy, I have to say, I really think you'd love it. You get over the 'depressing' aspect of not being to have things you can't afford. For me, it's an extension of what I've always done, which is to clip things/ideas that interest me out of magazines and put them into folders. The boards are like 'folders'. And I love that I can reference ideas I've had at the click of a board, and get ideas from others too. Pinterest is basically online 'dreaming', and it's fun to dream. Love As long as you don't get addicted and don't allow it to consume all the things that interest you in 'real life', it's a fun past-time. Thumbsup I somehow got hacked though, and since I deleted my account it's 'saying' I'm still active even though I'm not on anymore. The worst part about Pinterest is that their customer service is just terrible. I have literally been trying to contact them by email for SIX months to no avail. I think they have 10 to 15 emails from me by now. I may just have to get back on using my husband's email address instead. I really miss it!!

Glad you're enjoying it so much, Melissa! Applause Some of the DIY and craft stuff on there just amazes me. Hard to believe how creative some people are!

Maybe i'll think about it somemore. Maybe i'll join and find some new friends. It's free right?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Pinterest - Page 2 Bokmal10

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Yes, it's free. I love it--though it can get addicting--because not only is it visual, it allows you to follow only those things that interest you instead of having to follow all of a users' interests; some of which you might not enjoy.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Pinterest - Page 2 Indiff10

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 pm

After years of considering it, I finally signed up the other day. But that is it. I have been too lazy to really get started with anything. I know what I want to have on it. I just haven't felt like doing anything.

I used to be on tumblr. And I used to be on it a lot. It was a little addicting. Then I got tired of the place. So I quit it. Pinterest seemed like a different (and better) version of that. That was last year, I think, that I quit tumblr. And I had it in my head to join Pinterest, but I never got around to it until last week. Now I just have to actually do something with it!

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:53 pm

Well, I spent a couple of hours on it yesterday to get it going. So, I have officially begun my Pinterest boards. Looking at what I have on there, I think it just shows how crazy I basically am! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Pinterest - Page 2 Headac10

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:06 pm

I did sign up. Then i deleted my account. I just found the site boring.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 1:56 pm

MissOleson wrote:
Well, I spent a couple of hours on it yesterday to get it going.  So, I have officially begun my Pinterest boards.  Looking at what I have on there, I think it just shows how crazy I basically am!  grinsmiley

LOL! And Cool! Thumbsup When we were trying to pick exterior house color schemes this past year, I loved going to pinterest and pinning things that looked like my style---it was neat to be able to look at all the houses that appealed to me and seeing them on 'actual' houses, and put them all in one spot. I'm not an organized person in 'real life', lol...I WISH I was....I find that pinterest allows me to organize in a way I haven't before. It seems I 'refer' to pinterest mainly for DIY and crafty stuff, and also recipes. I have a 'board' for recipes, a board for DIY and crafts, a board for kids crafts and ideas, a board for home decor ideas, landscaping ideas, etc. And I love seeing what my friends share too. Smile Have fun! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Pinterest - Page 2 Cloud910

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:48 pm

I love my Pinterest. It's like a mini-vacation for me. Ha ha!  laugh3 I try to limit myself to 15 minutes max a day. Not following too many people/boards helps, too. Here's mine.

https://www.pinterest.com/thatssojulia/

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Pinterest - Page 2 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 6:24 pm

Julia I really have to compliment you on being able to put a time limit on pinterest... I know I spend way too much time on there. But.... I have found some neat craft ideas, and a lot of books that I wound up borrowing from the library that turned out to be really good reads.
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Pinterest - Page 2 Cloud910

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:38 pm

Kristina wrote:
Julia I really have to compliment you on being able to put a time limit on pinterest... I know I spend way too much time on there. But.... I have found some neat craft ideas, and a lot of books that I wound up borrowing from the library that turned out to be really good reads.

Aww well, do know I do sometimes spend more than 15 minutes on there, but usually on a lazy Sunday afternoon after church or something. It's relaxing to do. I really never have a need to stay on longer the 15 though because I'm not following as many folks as I could. I use Pinterest a lot though to find photos for my two Facebook "like" pages. So I use it more for that than anything.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Pinterest - Page 2 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Well, I have decided to limit my time on Pinterest - starting NEXT week. grinsmiley I figured that, maybe, twice a week for about 30 minutes or so should be more than enough time to satisfy me. Smile

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Pinterest - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Pinterest - Page 2 Happy010

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:26 am

I finally created a Pinterest account, but only because I couldn't view anything on Pinterest without doing so. Eventually I'll probably use it more than I do right now. I KNOW that I could spend a lot of time there. HeeHee There is SO much available to look through. But right now I don't have the time to be able to do much in-depth searching on there.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Pinterest - Page 2 Purple2

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

I signed up with Pinterest a little over a year ago, only because they changed how a person could view...."LURK" around. I have never tried to pin anything and make any boards, though. I figure, once I get started, there will be no end to it, and I don't want to get caught up in it, so I just lurk around and enjoy it that way. grinsmiley

Pinterest - Page 2 Rhonda10Pinterest - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:03 am

That's basically what I do - but I do plan on starting to pin certain things. I LOVE the idea of having all of my online recipes in one spot without having to scroll back through my Facebook page forever.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:24 am

I understand....but...you can post your recipes in the recipe section here, and you can do a search and bring them right up.... Wink

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:39 am

Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 11:54 am

Pinterest - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:16 pm

^^^^ My point exactly! ^^^^ yes

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Laughing That's exactly what I'm afraid of!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:54 pm

But where else can I find this cute pic of a bunny with his backpack and add it to my collection?? Laughing  grinsmiley

Pinterest - Page 2 16f481137f5129404f65938b63f3bee9

Pinterest - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:58 pm

Oh my stars, Carol!! *swoon*
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 4:17 pm

Carol wrote:

Well, this is so cute that it is actually painful to look at! grinsmiley How could anything be that cute?!

One thing that I do really like about this site is that I can copy something from one board and pin it onto another. I have things on there that can fit into multiple categories. And I like it because I can do that and still keep everything organized.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:34 pm

Savannah wrote:
I finally created a Pinterest account, but only because I couldn't view anything on Pinterest without doing so. Eventually I'll probably use it more than I do right now. I KNOW that I could spend a lot of time there. HeeHee There is SO much available to look through. But right now I don't have the time to be able to do much in-depth searching on there.

Yay!! Applause

Carol wrote:
I love Pinterest! grinsmiley

https://www.pinterest.com/carol767/

Pinterest - Page 2 Pinterest-meme HeeHee

LOL!!!

I love it too!  I find it to be very relaxing and I love having it for 'reference' too, in my day to day life...

Carol wrote:
But where else can I find this cute pic of a bunny with his backpack and add it to my collection?? Laughing  grinsmiley

Love

MissOleson wrote:
One thing that I do really like about this site is that I can copy something from one board and pin it onto another.  I have things on there that can fit into multiple categories.  And I like it because I can do that and still keep everything organized.

That's it---you nailed it!  Whatever I need, whenever I need it....DIY projects for the hubby and me, recipes, projects for the kids, it's all there, right in one spot.  I am an unorganized person by nature, and this helps me to be organized.  My organization board has really made a turn-around in my way of thinking---my house is FAR more organized now, and I honestly do have pinterest to thank for that.  I wouldn't have come up with these ideas and suggestions all on my own, and the board I put together has inspired me.  Well, many of the boards have. Pinterest is just a great 'down time' thing for me, like flipping through magazines and clipping out what you want to save, almost like an online scrapbook....love it. Thumbsup I would say it's my guilty pleasure, except for one thing....I don't feel guilty! greenS
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 2:03 pm

I agree- I like pinterest because I can easily organize things. I used tumblr for a while a couple of years ago, but I deleted my account there because I didn't like it if I wanted to go back and find a certain photo but the setup on tumblr made it difficult to do that. On pinterest, I have boards for different tv shows I like, different Holidays, one from writing tips and quotes, and a bunch of other ones. If I know what pin I want to go back to look for once I've already pinned it, I can just go to that board and usually I can find the pin no problem. (Though I say usually because a couple of my boards have a lot of pins on them).

I particularly like finding pins for my Disney board and my horses board. I've found a lot of pins from my favorite Disney movies, and for the horses board, pictures of some of the great racehorses.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:16 am

I was reluctant to get a Pinterest account at first, but Kara talked me into it. It's very helpful to keep track of things you have seen on the web. I would see a cookie or cake design I'd like but wouldn't have the need of making it at the time. Then when I would want to make it, I would have to search the web again and hopefully remember whose site I had seen it on. Now all I have to do is pin it, and I have it for when I need it. I rarely just search things on Pinterest, but occasionally I get bored so ...

Pinterest - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pinterest
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: