Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pinterest

Go down 
+13
Lori
Kristina
Savannah
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
Honeybee
Carol
Julia
Vanesa
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
alexczarn
Debbie
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Pinterest - Page 3 Indiff10

Pinterest - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinterest   Pinterest - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 4:06 pm

Julia wrote:

Aww well, do know I do sometimes spend more than 15 minutes on there
I tried doing that yesterday.  But it didn't seem to work out as planned.  I was on for a couple of hours.  I was actually very mad at myself yesterday for that.   yes   But I was on longer than planned due to things that I pinned rather than what I searched for.  So I think I will make that it for the week.   Smile   Well, maybe the beginning of the week.    grinsmiley

Kristina wrote:
I agree- I like pinterest because I can easily organize things. I used tumblr for a while a couple of years ago, but I deleted my account there because I didn't like it if I wanted to go back and find a certain photo but the setup on tumblr made it difficult to do that. On pinterest, I have boards for different tv shows I like, different Holidays, one from writing tips and quotes, and a bunch of other ones. If I know what pin I want to go back to look for once I've already pinned it, I can just go to that board and usually I can find the pin no problem. (Though I say usually because a couple of my boards have a lot of pins on them).
That is basically why I quit tumblr, too.  I had two blogs on tumblr, but I didn't like that either.  Essentially, I had a musical-themed tumblr and a tumblr for everything else.  And that was a little ridiculous to "deal" with.  And that is why I became interested in Pinterest in the first place.

One thing I don't like about Pinterest is the "followers" thing.  You see, anyone can follow me, which is fine.  Pinterest isn't the only site that I am on like that.  That doesn't bother me - the fact of just anyone following me.  What bothers me is WHO the people are that are following me.  I have followed a couple of people that seem to have similar interests that I have.  I discovered today that I suddenly have a bunch of followers and why?  I don't know.  Mainly because they are basically travel-themed profiles.  I don't really care if they do follow me.  But I don't see WHY they are following ME except that they want me to follow them back because I think they are promoting themselves.  This is just my opinion, of course, but none of the people that started to follow me over the weekend have anything on their profiles that would even hint they'd have an interest in me.  I don't get that.  Unless it is a form of self-promotion.  I don't know.  I could be wrong. I've been known to be so over many things in life. Smile
Back to top Go down

Pinterest
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: