Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Downton Abbey

Go down 
+9
Lori
Rob
LIWnut
Carol
Amy
Honeybee
Debbie
Savannah
bethandmanly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 2 Cloud910

Downton Abbey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:33 pm

The Christian tv station in my area started season 1 at the beginning of January and tomorrow night airs episode 4. Did I miss much? Should I go and sign up for Netflix to see the first 3 eppies or can I just start at eppie 4? Season 2 is being shown after so maybe I'll just start at eppie 4.
Season 3 is airing now right? When and where can I find it?

Downton Abbey - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Downton Abbey - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Yes, Season 3 is on now. We get it on our local PBS station. There is a lot for you to catch up on. This coming Sunday will be the 4th episode of Season 3. Get to watching while you recover from surgery.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:18 pm

I think you'll be ok starting at episode 4, season 1 actually Marilyn. Of course, you'll be a little confused, but you'll catch on soon enough. But since it took several us the first few episodes to actually become hooked anyway, you should be good. Wink

Perfect timing to watch, since you're resting up from your surgery! Thumbsup Let us know what you think of it after you've gotten into it for awhile!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 am

I will. Let you know what I think after it is over tonight. Thanks all.

I am going back to work tomorrow. It was only minor surgery.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:16 pm

I found the first 3 eppies of Season 1 on Youtube with Spanish subtitles. I watched the first and have 2 more to watch before 9pm tonight.
I liked the first episode but have to figure out how the system of servants works. Its a great show. Liking it so far.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:18 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I found the first 3 eppies of Season 1 on Youtube with Spanish subtitles. I watched the first and have 2 more to watch before 9pm tonight.
I liked the first episode but have to figure out how the system of servants works. Its a great show. Liking it so far.

yesss
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 pm

I tried to get the episodes on Netflix but they are not available in Canada.
Then I downloaded them onto my computer from iTunes but they won't play properly. I just can't win with this show.
BUT I LIIIIIKE IT!!!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Hope you can find a way of watching it, Marilyn! And trust me, it only gets better and better! yes

(My friend just watched all of season 3 online somewhere...I can find out where it was that she found it, and maybe you could check to see if you can upload it in Canada. If they're showing season 3 I'll bet that have seasons 1 and 2 as well).
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Marilyn, your local video store should have the first two seasons.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Downton Abbey - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Downton Abbey - Page 2 440956 I just tried to "like" your post.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 am

laugh3
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:39 pm

HeeHee

Downton Abbey - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:33 pm

I figured it out!!!!!

I can download a few eppies at a time and watch them on my ipad in order to catch up. I will have Season 1 done and Season 2 started by the end of tonight. I haven't seen the dvd's in our Canadian Walmart but I haven't had much time to look, I started watching on Tues (I think) after my surgery.

Season 3 is available in full at itunes. I'll watch the first episodes and then watch on Sunday night. The PBS station in Buffalo carries the show. I have a busy day and a half, don't I?

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:33 pm

I know how addicting this series is, Marilyn!! Have fun! Season 2 is amAzing!! dancegirl
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Starting Season 3. Season 2 was wonderful. REALLY need to get these on dvd.
I have 3 episodes to watch before 9pm tonight but I don't think I'll get it done.

Thanks to all for introducing me to this amazing show. I want to be in on the converstations. Can we chat here?

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:46 pm

I don't know why not. As long people who aren't caught up - and I'm not quite at the end of season 1 - know there will be spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:37 pm

It might be a good idea to start a different thread completely for season three. It has some BIG, BIG spoilers, and I'd hate for someone to accidentally read them in a thread. That's how I found out a couple of things, and it was such a disappointment! (Not here - but on another site.) Either that or the posts that have spoilers should keep them inside spoiler boxes. Downton Abbey - Page 2 70708
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:26 pm

I've honestly had a hard time not discussing the show. This is the first show I've found in years that I actually like, so it would be nice to talk about it.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Well, I think that enough people enjoy it that we should go ahead and start a season three thread with a warning that it WILL contain spoilers. Right in the heading. As a matter of fact. . . I'll do just that. Downton Abbey - Page 2 185146
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Okay - here's the spoiler thread:

Downton Spoiler Thread

Pretty much for season three, but I suppose any of the seasons could be discussed. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:57 pm

More spoilers... HeeHee

Downton Abbey - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:28 pm

That's a riot.

Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 2 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:33 pm

I SO want to peek in that spoiler thread, but I have been controlling that urge. I haven't even started on the 2nd season yet.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:55 pm

Debbie, STAY STRONG!! You do NOT want to know, I promise you! No It's WAY more fun to find out yourself. yes And besides, you'll be caught up before you know it and you can join in. Thumbsup

Which episode are you on? Are you enjoying it? I tell ya, it was all I could do to control myself from flying through all the episodes---it gets addicting!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Downton Abbey
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next