Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Downton Abbey

Go down 
+9
Lori
Rob
LIWnut
Carol
Amy
Honeybee
Debbie
Savannah
bethandmanly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 11 Cloud910

Downton Abbey - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Anyone going to the movies thus weekend?

Downton Abbey - Page 11 MarilynKeeper Downton Abbey - Page 11 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 11 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:07 pm

My hubby saw it tonight. I'll let you know what he thinks of it.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Just saw this on a new Downton group.

Downton Abbey - Page 11 No_mor10

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 11 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 2:53 pm

I have caught up with Downton Abbey!  What a great show!

Very sweet  loveheart 

Downton Abbey - Page 11 Tumblr_n1vjm89Zxz1qhoaono1_500

Downton Abbey - Page 11 Tumblr_n1s4ocKzYx1rn7vqjo1_400

Downton Abbey - Page 11 Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 5:23 pm

What a lovely picture, Marilyn.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:21 pm

I got an email from my sis in law on Wed saying that they were coming for the weekend and staying til Tuesday. She asked if I could arrange to get off work early because they want to kidnap me and take me somewhere as an early birthday gift. I don't ask questions but clear it with the boss, no problem. I wonder what it might be but I like surprises so I just wonder and have fun dreaming of places that we could go.
Today in my Facebook feed I find this and bet that I've discovered the surprise.

.?????
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 11 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:51 pm

Ooooooh! I hope this IS it, Marilyn!!!!! How exciting! I noticed that this tour was going on and thought how I would love if it would come closer to where I live!!! Let us know---you HAVE to get to this!!! Applause 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:26 am

Sounds like a good birthday present.

Downton Abbey - Page 11 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:52 am

Yes, I guessed right, leaving in about an hour. Hopefully pictures will be permitted.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:30 am

Cheer 

Downton Abbey - Page 11 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:35 am

Have fun.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:20 pm

Fun!! Eeeek! This would be SO cool! Really awesome bday present for you!! dancegirl 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Downton Abbey - Page 11 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 11 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 5:21 pm

Bliss I'm so happy for you, Marilyn!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:16 pm

It was was so much fun and I am so tired. Pictures will come tomorrow, promise.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:51 pm

This is a video of some of the clothes that I saw yesterday.  

My camera did not do these costumes justice.  Here is a link to my pictures on facebook, click here.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:05 pm

I love this Marilyn! It sounds like so much fun!!! Like I said on your FB page, I LOVE that they coordinated the character photos with the outfits...this looks like it was VERY well done! Thumbsup 

Have you shared your photo album with the fb downton discussion group yet? I wanted to share it with my friend but she wasn't able to see it due to privacy settings.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:42 pm

Done!

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:05 am

F.Y.I. The Downton Abbey forum that some of us belonged to has been shut down by its creators.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 9:59 am

Oh you're kidding? Is this the one run by Doc & Ella from the Dr. Quinn forum?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Yes, Amy. That's the one. I didn't even know they were going to do it. I hadn't been in weeks. Here is their message:

Hello fellow users of Downton Abbey Revisited!

This forum is going to be shut down on Sunday, 23rd. We are deeply sorry to tell you this and please take the time to read the following explanations.

We started this community two years ago - at this time we were highly excited about Downton Abbey and thought about it as one of the best shows of the decade (at least) We were captivated by the charisma of the characters and the plots. Every new season with every new episode felt like a gift to us and we couldn´t wait until the next autumn to get acquainted to all the new outlines of the Downton-universe.

This enthusiasm diminished rapidly with Matthew Crawleys´ awkward disappearance in the Christmas-episode of 2012. We suddenly got aware of the fact, that the personal decision of a key-actor to leave the set could have the potential to plunge a tv-project into ruin. Unfortunately we weren´t proved to be pessimistic doomsayers and the show got more and more wiggy and boring within Season 4. The sad "peak" - at least for us - was the clumsy Christmas-episode three months ago with endless disenchanting and facile dialogues, disjointedly pushing around the formerly beloved characters through all luxuriant rooms at hand.

The demise of the show was thoroughly discussed at our board and we believe, that this demise can´t recuperate.

In the beginning we longingly and optimistically wanted to create a community in the sense of this term - we didn´t want to be a quite anonymous board with an unstructured onslaught of discussion-hodgepodge like a subsidiary of Twitter. We wanted to get everybody know something personal about the other members and to give them the impression of a (virtual) acquaintance. So we asked every new member for a personal introduction in the members section as a prerequisite to participate further. This was respected by some members thankfully, but was ignored by many others either. We even had to deal with encroaching and infamous pm´s and asked ourselves if it made sense to pay for the server and the forum-software and to be treated in this manner. The idea to force new users into an introduction technically was like a last resort, a bad compromise, which even produced more probs than solved any.

Despite this daunting experience we want to thank heartfully all dedicated, confidable and likeable users, who gave this forum a tremendous positive impact during it´s lifetime. Our gratefulness goes especially to Alex (Lord of the Manor) our moderator, who indefatigably provided us with gems of information and insight throughout his whole membership! We will miss him sincerely and we will miss you all!

Please don´t be mad at us, rather try to be mad at the finally uninspired creators of a formerly superb show. So long and take care!

Ella and Doc

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:46 pm

Oh wow!  How sad!  I do think I understand it though. This show has been forced to go in directions it never would have and I think Julian has had a really tough time with it. I still enjoy it, but don't go gaga over it like before.  So I really can't say as I blame Doc & Ella for coming to this decision. And to have to put up with forum issues and pay money when you're not 100% enthralled anymore with what you're talking about?  Nope, not worth it.

They're such neat people.  That Dr. Quinn forum was so amazing, and mostly because of their contribution.  Nothing like getting into an analytical Michaela & Sully discussion (or better yet, Hank or Jake discussion!!) with Doc & Ella. Smile   I wish them the best.

Thanks for copying that here, Cheryl! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Does anyone have 90 or so spare minutes?  If so, you might want to watch this!!  It was recorded recently.  

Video of ‘Downton Abbey’ season 5 cast at Television Academy event

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Oooh, I love these types of things, thanks for posting Marilyn! I'll watch it when I get a chance. Thumbsup 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 10:42 pm

Amy wrote:
That Dr. Quinn forum was so amazing, and mostly because of their contribution.  Nothing like getting into an analytical Michaela & Sully discussion (or better yet, Hank or Jake discussion!!) with Doc & Ella. Smile   I wish them the best.

I didn't realize it until just recently, but they shut down their Grace's Café DQ forum, too. I tried reaching Ella with a PM through the official DQ forum, but she hasn't responded. scratchead

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 11:52 am

We have just over a month to wait before the show airs in the UK and links are posted in our Facebook group. Is anyone getting excited? I heard about something that happens in the first episode but I'm hoping to stay clear from spoilers. I like to be surprised.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Downton Abbey
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next