Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TEEN Magazine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : TEEN Magazine Cloud910

TEEN Magazine Empty
PostSubject: TEEN Magazine   TEEN Magazine EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:23 pm

(I wasn't sure if I should put this in the books section or town gossip but since it's reading material I am about to discuss I thought I'd give it a go by putting it here.)

Did anyone here ever receive "TEEN" magazine as a teen years ago? When we were clearing out my Grandparent's house back in 2010 after my Grandmother passed, we came across a lot of them that my Mom and Aunt got when they were teens. Probably 10-15 issues. The years on them go from 1970-1973. I really get a kick out of them and they actually have some "groovy" beauty tips that work and exercise tips. I've shared some of the tips with my girl friends and they agree. It's like forgotten old beauty tricks re-discovered. My question is...does anyone know when the magazine started and ended? I have tried my best searching and trying to figure it out but with no success. I have seen issues that go back as far is the early 60's. I didn't know if anyone knew...here are a few photos of what the magazine looks like.

TEEN Magazine Teen_010

TEEN Magazine Teen_011

TEEN Magazine Kgrhqf10

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

TEEN Magazine JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3579
Mood : TEEN Magazine Bokmal10

TEEN Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEEN Magazine   TEEN Magazine EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Wow, these are old Teen Magazine. According to encyclopedia Teen Magazine started in 1954. They ended in 2009. Their is Teen Vogue. I glance at it, I didn't like the magazine. I used to buy Teen Magazine, when I was teenager. But, I gave them away long time ago.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62631
Mood : TEEN Magazine Goodsi10

TEEN Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEEN Magazine   TEEN Magazine EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Very groovy find, Julia! I'm sure my sister read that one. I remember thumbing through one of her mags that was called something like "For Teens Only." I was probably about ten at the time, and she told me that it was against the law for a pre-teen to read it. I was terrified the cops were going to come for me. TEEN Magazine 135245
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : TEEN Magazine Headac10

TEEN Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEEN Magazine   TEEN Magazine EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:01 am

i used to read them when i was a teen.gave mine all away.didn't know it ened. it's like a genration is now eneded

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TEEN Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEEN Magazine   TEEN Magazine Empty

Back to top Go down

TEEN Magazine
Page 1 of 1