Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go down 
+9
Gin
Savannah
jes9
Misti
Rob
LIWnut
Prairie Dweller
JW
bethandmanly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 1:11 pm

I was wondering that too, Cheryl!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 4:24 pm

Rob wrote:
JW wrote:
Oh To Bad i won't be abel to see it cause No cabel i should go to a Motel and watch it there lol Laughing

I'm picturing Jacob walking up to the front desk of a seedy motel. He's wearing a trenchcoat and a hat pulled down low over his eyes.

Jacob: "I'd like to rent a motel room... but only for a couple hours."
Clerk: "I see. And what's your name?"
Jacob: "Smith. John Smith. If you're wondering why I want the room, it's so I can watch a Little House on the Prairie movie on cable."
Clerk: "Um-hmmmm. I wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard that story."

grinsmiley

Rob, do you hear voices sometimes? Whistle Seriously, if you ever write a book let me know and I'd buy it! You always say the most hilarious things!

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 HummerBeyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 MistiKeeperBeyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Bookclub5Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 4:43 pm

He's already written a book Misti. I'm waiting for him to do something with it! Oh, that goes for Marilyn too. I want to see her children's stories in print.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 6:03 pm

I have part 1 but I don't have a dvd recorder.

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 8:34 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
He's already written a book Misti. I'm waiting for him to do something with it!

Very true. And I'm waiting for a positive response from a literary agent.
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 8:51 pm

Quote :
Rob wrote:
Quote :
JW wrote:
Oh To Bad i won't be abel to see it cause No cabel i should go to a Motel and watch it there lol

I'm picturing Jacob walking up to the front desk of a seedy motel. He's wearing a trenchcoat and a hat pulled down low over his eyes.

Jacob: "I'd like to rent a motel room... but only for a couple hours."
Clerk: "I see. And what's your name?"
Jacob: "Smith. John Smith. If you're wondering why I want the room, it's so I can watch a Little House on the Prairie movie on cable."
Clerk: "Um-hmmmm. I wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard that story."
ROTFL

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 9:03 pm

Misti wrote:
Seriously, if you ever write a book let me know and I'd buy it!

bethandmanly wrote:
He's already written a book Misti.

reader And it's wonderful. :fyi:
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 10:14 pm

Rob wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
He's already written a book Misti. I'm waiting for him to do something with it!

Very true. And I'm waiting for a positive response from a literary agent.

Way to go Rob. I didn't know you got that far. I'll stop bugging you for a little while then. Laughing

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 10:15 pm

Savannah wrote:
Misti wrote:
Seriously, if you ever write a book let me know and I'd buy it!

bethandmanly wrote:
He's already written a book Misti.

reader And it's wonderful. :fyi:

Then I guess when Rob sells it to that agent I'll need to review it!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 11:11 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I have part 1 but I don't have a dvd recorder.

Can you do tape to tape?? I would appreciate it if you could.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 10:28 am

If Marilyn can't make you a copy, I can make a copy of my part one. The quality won't be great since it'd be a copy of a copy. :)

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 12:32 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
If Marilyn can't make you a copy, I can make a copy of my part one. The quality won't be great since it'd be a copy of a copy. :)

Prairie Dweller That would rock. It would be better than nothing.

PM me your information, and do you need a season of Little House that I could trade you?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 10:41 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Then I guess when Rob sells it to that agent I'll need to review it!

I would love that. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 11:47 pm

Hey Rob, I like that new avatar. I'll try to remember not to set myself on fire...but matches make fun toys.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:23 pm

Prairie Dweller, thank you so much. I will let you know when I get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:35 pm

I got it, PD. Thank you so much! The quality was just fine. No worries here. I love it.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:48 am

Beyond the Prairie was released to dvd yesterday. :)

For those that live in the US Shopko has it on sale for 12.99.

I'm not certain if this includes both parts or if it's an edited version.

(Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. I rarely visit anymore and I did look for a topic, but I couldn't find one so I searched and found this one.)

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Really? I'll have to look for it. Thanks for letting us know.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Is it in stores? I'm usually known for my dvd diving....so I would love to find this. This is the one with Richard Thomas as Pa right? He was so good in that.

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:13 pm

COOl i will have to buy it since i never did go to a Motel to watch it couple of years ago Laughing

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Jacobk10Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:42 pm

Jacob! ROTFL

But, no, seriously speaking, I'm happy it was reelased in DVD. Maybe they sells it in Argentina too. I'm not a big fan of "Beyond the Prairie" but it's worth to watch. grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:52 pm

Yes, it is for sale in the US. On-line it can be found at Amazon. In stores I know for sure that it can be purchased at Shopko. It's on sale again this week for 12.99.

I purchased a copy of it on Wednesday and am planning to watch the first half tonight.

It says on the back of the dvd that it includes both parts and the running time is three hours and one minute. I'm guessing then that nothing as cut as far as I remember each movie took a two hour time slot on tv, and I would probably figure in about half an hour of commercials for each airing.

I was really surprised to see that this was getting released as it's not well known. I was flipped through the Sunday ads and was glancing at the movies and saw "Beyond the Prairie" and thought, "Hey, that's interesting... there's an LHotP tv series with that name..." Then I looked closer and recognized Laura and Pa and went, "Hey! They actually released it to dvd!"

Oh, and yes, this is the one with Richard Thomas as Pa. I remember when I first rewatched BtP I thought, "Richard Thomas as Pa? No way!" but I actually really enjoyed him.

I don't enjoy all the differences that they made though and wonder why they advertised it as the true story...

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:29 pm

Both movies (2000nd and 2002nd) are on the dvd. As best as I can tell nothing has been edited. I'm not super familiar with the movies so I can't guarantee that nothing was edited, but as best as I can tell it is complete.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:58 pm

I'm happy about these movies being released in DVD form, but I must confess that I don't like them so awfully much. They have more than a good scene, but it isn't "the true story" . They are more close to the books than the TV Show, that's right, but they are both far of being Laura or Rose "true story". I like specially the parts with Eliza Jane, when she tells Laura how much she must had to struggle to have her claim, and that she was not "Lazy, lousy, Liza Jane"...It was not in the books , but it might have happened.

"Beyond the Prairie" is more "real" than "Little House on the Prairie", but I find that it lacks the magic that our wonderful TV show had. All of us knows that nothing or almost nothing happened the way it was show in "Little House on the Prairie", but the show brought most of us to read the books and we can enjoy books and LHOTP in separate ways..."Beyond the Prairie" is a little dull movie and even if it's closer to the books it is not so faithful to them . I think that the show pushed people to know more about the Ingallses, and even if we got a little dissapointed being aware there were no Albert, no Adam, no Andy , no Sanderson children, no Nancy and no Coopers, we got happy knowing other interesting things about pioneer life and Laura's sequel. These movies doesn't push people to be interested in the real Ingallses. They didn't "hook" them to the characters in it. They are not strong enough. They were shown in a somewhat unactractive way...What do you think? scared scratchead

Vanesa.

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:13 am

Prairie Dweller wrote:
I don't enjoy all the differences that they made though and wonder why they advertised it as the true story...

This is what always bothered me too. It's obviously been embellished for a modern audience. Laura and Manly consummating their marriage in a field? Um, I don't think so. At times I found Laura and Pa's conversations to be almost stilted--like when Laura is leaving De Smet and Charles tells her she is to have his fiddle after he dies or when she returns home to see a dying Charles and takes him out for a ride in the wagon. There is a small clip of this on YouTube and it was almost painful to watch.

Amazingly, Rose aged about 4 years during their journey from De Smet, SD to Mansfield, MO too. She was a toddler when they left and in the second movie she is probably around 6.

If they had avoided calling it a "true" story, I wouldn't care about nitpicks like this. Don't call it what it isn't.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next