Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joshua Bell

Go down 
+11
Gin
Rhonda
Amy
Rob
Lily
LHDaisy
Savannah
ChristinaAL
pamh36
Vanesa
HarrisonCrosby4387
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 5 Happy010

Joshua Bell  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 pm

That sounds like fun, Amy!! Where are you going for dinner? I hope that you and Bill have a wonderful time!

Joshua Bell  - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Thanks Teresa! I'm all gussied up and ready to go, just waiting for my date to sweep me off my feet! batEyes We're still debating where we're going...the 'Great Hall' is in our college town (Michigan State) and I'm not very familiar with restaurants over there...we may be winging it!

I got a call from the concert hall though---Joshua is coming from Lexington Kentucky, and I guess there's a winter storm warning down there and all flights have been delayed or cancelled! OhMy He is driving up here by car!! They're only delaying the concert a half hour (8pm instead of 7:30), so for us it works out well because we'll have more time for dinner. But I just hope he makes it up here safe and sound, and that there's not too much of a delay!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 6:18 pm

I'll be thinking about you guys. I hope that he makes it there okay. I saw the report about the ice storm in Kentucky this morning on the Today Show. Have a nice glass of wine and just relax during your wonderful night out with your hubby.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 5 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 7:29 pm

Amy wrote:
Guess what?! This is really just too ironic. Joshua Bell is coming here next Tuesday!!! OhMy I just found out a few days ago...it's just strange considering we were just talking about him! Anywho, I'm actually trying to talk my hubby into going. The nosebleed tickets are only $18 a piece---not too shabby. It would be a nice date night for us and my hubby really loves the sound of the violin. I was listening to some music on his site and was, unsurprsingly, impressed. Wink

Hey Beckie, did you know that Joshua did the violin music for the new Holocaust movie "Defiance"? We went to see it the other night actually...a very good movie and Josh's pieces were beautiful.

I didn't know about Defiance, but I did know about the movie The Red Violin. I didn;t know he was touring again. Guess he is not coming here.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 11:20 pm

I hope you have a great time, Amy.

Joshua Bell  - Page 5 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Joshua Bell  - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54429

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 11:28 pm

I hope you're having a lovely time, Amy, and that Josh made it safe and sound to the concert. I look forward to hearing all about it! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62629
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 11:51 pm

Yeah, I hope it's a night to remember, Amy!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 12:06 pm

Thank you everyone! It was indeed a night to remember! I told Bill I will definitely remember it for a lifetime...it was so wonderful, so moving and emotional, and SO romantic! Love I liked the second half better than the first actually---the music in the beginning was just very slow and stacatto, just kind of 'weird', and it didn't 'grab' us really. But the second half made up for all that. In the end I totally had my "Cher moment" (think Moonstruck Wink ). I am SO glad that we did this...I wasn't so sure Bill was going to appreciate it like I would, but it ended up being special to both of us. (Teresa--- Bill & I ended up at an old pub last night to eat, near the concert hall. Not ideal, but we were running so late, even with the concert delay, that we only had time to eat a quick dinner and head there! We'll share some wine later, I guess. Wink ).

But yep, the concert came close to not happening at all. Joshua was able to convince a cab driver to take him and his accompaniast up to Cincinatti to catch a flight from there, only to find out no flights were going out from there either!!! He asked the cabby if he would be willing to drive even further and he agreed (for a price, I'm sure ). Well, this cab was actually already having car problems before they even left Kentucky, so it's a miracle they got there, considering the roads too! He arrived at the concert hall at 7:30 and was on stage by 8:05! Talk about frazzling, I'm sure! He pointed out the cabby in the audience after the intermission, who decided to stay after they'd become good friends after 8 hours of driving together, LOL, and the crowd cheered for the cabby! So cute. Joshua called him "our hero"! To think that guy woke up yesterday morning in Kentucky, thinking it was going to be like any other day, only to meet a world renowned violinist and end up in East Lansing Michigan, being cheered for at a concert! OhMy What an experience for him! And Joshua said he'd never forget East Lansing Michigan either...I can imagine not! :haha: He walked up to the microphone in the beginning, and it didn't WORK (ugh), and he just said, "Well, that's not the first thing that's gone wrong today!" grinsmiley

Here's another link about that 'experiment' Joshua did. This has a video attached to it, showing where he was playing, and an audio of his entire performance. I read that this was a Pulitzer Prize winning feature that the Washington Post did; I don't think I realized that!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/04/AR2007040401721.html

And Beckie, I just saw the original score for "Defiance" is being nominated for an Oscar! Cool huh?! Sorry to hear Joshua isn't touring in your area this year. :alright: I need to thank you for ever mentioning Joshua on here on the board...if it weren't for you, I would never have even known who he was and last night would never have happened for my hubby and me. AND I have a new appreciation for the violin! Thank you beckie! :adore: Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:43 pm

It sounds like you had an AMAZING time, Amy!!!! I'm glad that you and Bill were able to have a such a nice night out like that. I love pubs!! Sounds like a nice place to grab a quick bite.
I can't believe all that Joshua went through to get there. An 8 hour cab ride would have been dreadful. That's nice that he recognized the cabby in the audience, and he got an applause.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:55 pm

Amy, what a fantastic experience! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us! I love it that the audience cheered the cab driver. It speaks well of Joshua Bell's talent that he was able to pull himself together after an eight hour drive, and arriving at the hall such a short time before the concert - and still be able to give a stellar performance. Usually, a performer will rest for a couple of hours before a major concert, because it really is exhausting - both physically and emotionally. I also think it's pretty cool that he went to such lengths to keep the engagement. Thumbsup He could have just said "Oh well....No flights going out..." and called the concert off. Good for him for being such a trooper!

PS
Any pictures of you and your husband all gussied up for the evening?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks Teresa and Savannah! Thumbsup

Well, Teresa...I hate to say it, but this particular pub was not really my cup of tea. But I know what you mean---generally I like pubs, particularly Irish ones. Wink This was just nothing 'special'. But we made it special (this was my hubby's idea to go to this one---i'd never been there and he assured me it was 'nice'). Well I could have whined about the place he picked, (after seeing it :unsure: ) but I put on a happy and 'pleased' face to assure him it was fine. He assured ME we'll do the fancy restaurant for our actual anniversary date. batEyes

Savannah, you're welcome---I loved sharing my experience and I hope I'm not boring people to pieces. :shy: I completely agree with you about Joshua and what a testimony this was to his professionalism. It is awesome too that he went through what he did to get there. I mean, those could not have been good roads to be out driving on, and he really could have rescheduled. Thank goodness for us he didn't! On top of all he went through, I know he was planning to sign CDs and programs afterward too. We couldn't stay for that because we needed to get home to Nick, who was staying at his aunt's.

The worst part of the event for me, is that I missed the title of his final encore piece. He introduced it, but people were talking around me and I missed it. That was the piece that brought me to tears. It was the ONLY piece that was 'well-known' in the whole program---I know you'd know it if you heard it Savannah, and you'd probably know the title and composer because you're 'up' on that stuff. But for the life of me I can't even remember the tune now, and even checked his site to see if it was on his list of songs you can listen to, but it's not.---I would recognize it of course if I actually heard it. I emailed him asking him what it was, but of course I'm not expecting a response. I went to bed with it on my brain, but woke up this morning and it's just gone. :sad5: But it was just such a special moment---I simply HAVE to find out what it was! Guess I'll just have to buy all his CDs! grinsmiley

Oh, and I DID have the waitress take a picture of us at the pub, Savannah. And our son Nick took a pic of us when we got home too. I need to get them downloaded and (if I like it batEyes ) I'll put one of them up. Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Amy wrote:
And Beckie, I just saw the original score for "Defiance" is being nominated for an Oscar! Cool huh?! Sorry to hear Joshua isn't touring in your area this year. :alright: I need to thank you for ever mentioning Joshua on here on the board...if it weren't for you, I would never have even known who he was and last night would never have happened for my hubby and me. AND I have a new appreciation for the violin! Thank you beckie! :adore: Joshua Bell  - Page 5 771460

Wow I cannot believe that I did not reply to this! I am glad I introduced you to Joshua a few years back.

Any way I am going to see him this Friday night!!!! Joshua Bell  - Page 5 702150 It will be my 3rd time seeing him. No word on a meet and greet with him this year though. No Last time I met him I told him to tell Matt he has a fan named Beckie in Pittsburgh, he said he would tell him. Wonder if he ever did, lol. I am so excited and hope he does do a meet and greet. I want a better picture taken with him this time. I didn't like the other one. People did say we looked like a couple though in the pic, lol.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 5 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Have a awesome time!!! Smile Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:23 am

Wow, hard to believe it's been THREE years since my hubby and I went to see him for our anniversary! Time sure does fly.

Beckie, I'm so envious!! How was it?! Hope you had a great time, and that he did the meet and greet! Thumbsup

By the way, did you see him perform on the episode of Dancing with the Stars?! I was shocked! I was screaming to my parents, "That's Joshua Bell! That's Joshua Bell!" and they're like, who the heck is that?! scratchead Laughing

And seriously, just how cool is the last name "Bell"?! I want it!! "Amy Bell". Has a nice ring, doesn't it?! batEyes (Although Beckie Bell sounds even cuter. Wink ).
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62629
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:38 am

Amy, "Bell" could be your middle name. "Hi, Amy Bell!" Uh-oh, guess who just got a new nickname. Joshua Bell  - Page 5 4
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:55 am

Rob! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Oooh! TWO board nicknames! You are a special one! Joshua Bell  - Page 5 Bowdown Joshua Bell  - Page 5 39447

(And I don't know if I've told you or not, but I love your avatar.)
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Lol, I think Beckie Bell sounds funny. He was not as friendly this time around. I went to get my pic with him and he was like, take the picture! take the picture! We were not actually supposed to take pics with him.He hardly said anything and when I tapped him good bye he just ignored me. I know he was probably tired, but don't do a meet and greet if you are to tired and if no pics are to be taken with the person. Everyone in line is gonna expect pictures. I paid plenty of money for the tickets too. I am not as mad as I sound in this post, just stating my opinion, lol. He was excellent as always though. Anyway here are a few pics I managed to get in.

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/562166_3582635008039_168468077_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/527150_3582627287846_1026317011_n.jpg

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:02 am

I am glad you had fun Beckie, even though the meet and greet was less than what you expected. Blue But the pictures look nice anyway! Thumbsup I REALLY need to get one of his CD's.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:28 pm

I bought a DVD with him. It's phenomenal! He was out of breath after playing for about a half hour straight!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:53 pm

I can imagine that would be fun to watch....that was one thing that we 'missed' during our concert---we had balcony seats and couldn't see him very well. We figured if we heard him that would be fine. But I was envious of the people sitting closer to view him!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 pm

I thought I picked seats closer, but they were in the back row on the floor. I was disappointed. I never would ever pick the last row for anything, lol.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 5 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:10 am

Glad you had a good time!!! Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Joshua Bell in Miami   Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 am

A couple of weeks ago, I found out Joshua Bell will be performing in Miami Oct. 4th. I'd love to go, as I've heard his music and think he's amazing. It would also be a totally different experience for this "rocker gal!" The only problem is...none of my closed-minded friends are interested in coming with me! I hate going to these things alone...scratchead 

So if by any chance, those of you who like classical music...if you happen to be in the Miami area that weekend...please let me know! (I know, it's a longshot! lol). It's worth a try! One never knows...

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:27 pm

I would SO go with you if I lived close enough, or if I was going to be in the area! I hope you find someone who will go with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joshua Bell
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next