Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joshua Bell

Go down 
+11
Gin
Rhonda
Amy
Rob
Lily
LHDaisy
Savannah
ChristinaAL
pamh36
Vanesa
HarrisonCrosby4387
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:41 am

Calm down, Beck. Everything will be fine.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 5:34 pm

Thanks! Cool I hope I get to take a pic with him this year! He's so sweet and cute!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:17 pm

Beckie! If you get to have a picture taken with him, be sure to post it here, okay? Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 10:09 am

Oh I sure will!! grinsmiley

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:31 am

MattLabMyLove wrote:
Oh I sure will!! grinsmiley

Thumbsup happy1
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 8:44 am

grinsmiley

I have the old pic of me and him posted on here somewhere. I look so much different now. That was back in 05!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 1:39 pm

Well I went to see Joshua Bell last night. Unfortunately (and I am still really mad) we were not allowed to pose for pics or talk with him, only get an autograph. The reason is because they did it during intermission instead of after the show like Heinz Hall said they were going to do. But then again maybe Joshua had to be somewhere after the show which of course I can't be mad at that. I was able to take a snap shot of him. And here are some pics of me before the show.

https://2img.net/h/i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/ItalianDiva11/2008075.jpg?t=1222620857

https://2img.net/h/i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/ItalianDiva11/2008067.jpg?t=1222621175

https://2img.net/h/i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/ItalianDiva11/2008070.jpg?t=1222623572

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 7:16 pm

Wow, Beckie...you look really good in long hair. grinsmiley Sorry you couldn't get a pic with him.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:32 pm

Thanks. I am so used to having short hair. Sometimes I wanna cut it back off again, lol.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Joshua Bell  - Page 4 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 10:36 pm

Hey Beckie, you look good in long hair. Don't cut it off. LOL

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Lol, it drives me crazy.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 6:52 pm

Was sent this in an email....I checked snopes.com and it is true.....really makes you think........... :think:

An experiment organized by the Washington Post

A man sat at a metro station in Washington DC and started to play the violin; it was a cold January morning. He played 6 Bach pieces for about 45 minutes. During that time, since it was rush hour, it was calculated that thousand of people went through the station, most of them on their way to work.

Three minutes went by and a middle aged man noticed there was a musician playing. He slowed his pace and stopped for a few seconds and then hurried up to meet his schedule.

A minute later, the violinist received his first dollar tip: a woman threw the money in the till and without stopping continued to walk.

A few minutes later, someone leaned against the wall to listen to him, but the man looked at his watch and started to walk again. Clearly he was late for work.

The one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy. His mother tagged him along, hurried but the kid stopped to look at the violinist. Finally the mother pushed hard and the child continued to walk turning his head all the time. This action was repeated by several other children. All the parents, without exception, forced them to move on.

In the 45 minutes the musician played, only 6 people stopped and stayed for a while. About 20 gave him money but continued to walk their normal pace. He collected $32. When he finished playing and silence took over, no one noticed it. No one applauded, nor was there any recognition.

No one knew this but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the best musicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces ever written, with a violin worth $3.5 million.

Two days before his playing in the subway, tickets for Joshua Bell's performance at a theater in Boston were sold out and the seats averaged $100.

This is a real story. Joshua Bell playing incognito in the metro station was organized by the Washington Post as part of an social experiment about perception, taste and priorities of people. The outlines were: in a commonplace environment at an inappropriate hour: Do we perceive beauty? Do we stop to appreciate it? Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected context?

One of the possible conclusions from this experience could be: If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musicians in the world playing the best music ever written, how many other things are we missing?...

Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Rhonda10Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:37 pm

I saw this a while back. Very interesting! I agree with the last line.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:10 pm

He does that quite often, apparently. He did that when he was in a town about 30 miles from where I live, and made $38 in his hat. grinsmiley Twenty dollars came from a person who recognized him. Only two people knew who he was.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Yeah very true. He is not very well known and most people probably don't like classical music.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:05 am

Oh my goodness, that is an amazing story Rhonda. And what a great social experiment! It speaks sadly but truthfully about our society, doesn't it?! I would hope to think that I wouldn't be one of the people just hurrying by, but how do I know, really? Interesting that the little children were the ones wanting to listen. If we could only become more childlike (ahem, not speaking to Rob & Larry here batEyes ), we would view the world so much more clearly.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:26 pm

Well Larry would sit down and sing to the music and Rob....... would arrest them both!

Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:28 pm

:Hahaha: Gin! That sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:49 am

Gin wrote:
Well Larry would sit down and sing to the music and Rob....... would arrest them both!

Heaven knows I'm not a stickler about law enforcement. But that would be a clear-cut case of unlawful assembly and disturbin' the peace. A 404 and a 412, makin' an 816. Now if Larry could sing like Leonard Blush, I might go easy on him...
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:53 am

Rob wrote:
Gin wrote:

Heaven knows I'm not a stickler about law enforcement. But that would be a clear-cut case of unlawful assembly and disturbin' the peace. A 404 and a 412, makin' an 816. Now if Larry could sing like Leonard Blush, I might go easy on him...

Leonard Blush! Leonard Blush! Is that all you can talk about??
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:42 pm

Guess what?! This is really just too ironic. Joshua Bell is coming here next Tuesday!!! OhMy I just found out a few days ago...it's just strange considering we were just talking about him! Anywho, I'm actually trying to talk my hubby into going. The nosebleed tickets are only $18 a piece---not too shabby. It would be a nice date night for us and my hubby really loves the sound of the violin. I was listening to some music on his site and was, unsurprsingly, impressed. Wink

Hey Beckie, did you know that Joshua did the violin music for the new Holocaust movie "Defiance"? We went to see it the other night actually...a very good movie and Josh's pieces were beautiful.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:29 pm

Cool, Amy!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:09 pm

I'm excited---we're going to see Joshua Bell tonight! :idance: I was actually able to talk Bill into it...he likes the violin, but not big on classical which is what Joshua is playing tonight. The timing is awesome though...our 19th anniversary is on March 9th, so we're kind of looking at this as a combined anniversary/Valentine's celebration. We're getting all gussied up too, as this will be in the 'fancy' concert hall. We have balcony seats also, which I love---I can't help but think of Moonstruck with Cher & Nicolas Cage, and of course, for the Dr. Quinn fans: Sully and Michaela in Boston! Love We're going to dinner too. I can't remember a time we've had such a 'cultured' evening out! LOL! I just can't wait!! :woohooo:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:53 pm

Have fun Amy......and Happy Early Anniversary!!! batEyes

Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Rhonda10Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:27 pm

Thank you Rhonda! Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joshua Bell
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next