Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

September 11th

Go down 
+17
julmer70
Rob
Carpenters4ever
Krissy
Davetucson
Teresa
Lily
ashkate11871
HarrisonCrosby4387
Farmer Girl
emilyanneoftheprairie
Amy
Rhonda
Carol
JW
bethandmanly
pamh36
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ashkate11871
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
ashkate11871

Number of posts : 313
Mood : September 11th - Page 2 Xmassm4

September 11th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Rhonda wrote:
I don't normally get in on the political topics, just because I don't want things to get heated, but I was sent this youtube video and it says a lot. It is a commercial that was put together by a local kid and when he walks away after his talk, everything comes into perspective.....

Amen.

God allowed this to happen and I believe He will take care of us.

Photobucket
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth
the LORD, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : September 11th - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 11:58 pm

It seems like that young man is talking about another Iraq...

September 11th - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : September 11th - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:06 am

Next Wednesday marks the twelfth anniversary. I hope we ALL remember.......God Bless America!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : September 11th - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:09 am

wow! Can't believe it's been that long

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Carpenters4ever
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
Carpenters4ever

Number of posts : 1114

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:39 pm

It still saddens me! 911

photo MaggieKeeper_zps05cb0b4a.gif
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : September 11th - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:06 am

For those who get the MSNBC network, starting at 8:53 this morning (eastern time) they're going to rebroadcast the Today Show that was on during the morning of the attacks.  History as it happened.
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:54 am

I will never forget. bawling 

My older brother worked just a few blocks away from the WTC. He was walking to work and he actually saw the first plane go in! Everything he saw afterwards was just awful (I won't get into it), but it has changed him for life. I remember the family trying to desperately get in touch with him, but all the lines in NYC were busy. Horrible, horrible day. Blue 
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : September 11th - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:13 am

Rob wrote:
For those who get the MSNBC network, starting at 8:53 this morning (eastern time) they're going to rebroadcast the Today Show that was on during the morning of the attacks.  History as it happened.

Oh my gosh. That would be a tough one...I was watching the Today Show when it happened.

Dave, that would be so scary, not being able to get in touch with your brother. I had a second cousin who died in tower two. I didn't know him (I am the youngest of 48 grandchildren....there's 8 kids in my dad's family and they all went on to have large families), but I guess this cousin was a newlywed and just starting his life in New York. He'd only been working in the trade center for a few weeks.No 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 am

Amy wrote:
Rob wrote:
Oh my gosh.  That would be a tough one...I was watching the Today Show when it happened.  

Dave, that would be so scary, not being able to get in touch with your brother.  I had a second cousin who died in tower two.  I didn't know him (I am the youngest of 48 grandchildren....there's 8 kids in my dad's family and they all went on to have large families), but I guess this cousin was a newlywed and just starting his life in New York.  He'd only been working in the trade center for a few weeks.No 

That's not Dave, it's me, Jules! Laughing  I can understand the confusion, with the Matt L avatar! That was funny though.

On a serious note, I'm so sorry about your cousin. That is so sad. bawling 
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : September 11th - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 12:04 pm

It doesn't seem like it has been twelve years already. Today I am wearing red, white, and blue in honor of 9/11. But even though it is a sad day, it is important to remember how strong our country is :Memorial: 
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
September 11th - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
Rob wrote:
Oh my gosh.  That would be a tough one...I was watching the Today Show when it happened.  
It sure would be. Even after so much time has passed, it hurts to watch what took place. It's amazing how seeing those images instantly takes me back to exactly where I was....what I was doing...the sights and sounds around me. Caleb wasn't even born yet...the older three were being homeschooled...and my grandma called to tell us to turn on the TV. I turned it on just seconds before the second plane crashed into the tower. bawling  One of the first things that we did was to go hang our flag on our front porch...and it was like that was the first visible thing that people could think of to show their support, because all up and down my street, I saw others doing the same thing. It was a beautiful moment in a day that held such tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : September 11th - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 2:16 pm

julmer70 wrote:
That's not Dave, it's me, Jules! Laughing  I can understand the confusion, with the Matt L avatar!  That was funny though.

On a serious note, I'm so sorry about your cousin.  That is so sad. bawling 
Oh, lol!  Sorry Jules!  I did get mixed up by the Albert avatar!HeeHee 

And, thank you.Smile 

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
It doesn't seem like it has been twelve years already. Today I am wearing red, white, and blue in honor of 9/11. But even though it is a sad day, it is important to remember how strong our country is :Memorial: 
It really does not seem like it's been that long, I agree.

Lisa wrote:
It sure would be. Even after so much time has passed, it hurts to watch what took place. It's amazing how seeing those images instantly takes me back to exactly where I was....what I was doing...the sights and sounds around me. Caleb wasn't even born yet...the older three were being homeschooled...and my grandma called to tell us to turn on the TV. I turned it on just seconds before the second plane crashed into the tower. bawling  One of the first things that we did was to go hang our flag on our front porch...and it was like that was the first visible thing that people could think of to show their support, because all up and down my street, I saw others doing the same thing. It was a beautiful moment in a day that held such tragedy.
It's weird when you put it in terms of how old your kids were when it happened.  Nick was only 6!  Brendan 11, and now 23!  And yet, it seems like yesterday, just like their childhoods seem like yesterday to me.  

I'll never forget how you couldn't go more than 2 or 3 houses up a street without seeing an American flag.  It really was something.  I wish more people would still hang their flags on this day.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Wow! What a sad day for sure.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Carpenters4ever
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
Carpenters4ever

Number of posts : 1114

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 11:53 pm

I wore my I Love NY lapel pin, my lapel pin in the shape of the Pentagon, which says 911 New York, NY, Arlington, VA., and Shanksville, PA., and a patriotic ribbon. I had to work, so I could not wear my 9/11 shirt. Never forget! 911

photo MaggieKeeper_zps05cb0b4a.gif
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : September 11th - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Never Forget! 911

September 11th - Page 2 564760_354261821328424_75588681_n

September 11th - Page 2 Rhonda10September 11th - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 2:09 pm

bawling Today marks the 14th anniversary of the tragic events of September 11, 2001. I was shoping with my mom. We got home and turned on the TV and I let out a big gasp. Mom asked what's wrong and I told her the trade center towers were on fire. We watched as both towers collapsed. It's a day that forever changed America. The History channel is showing shows about the tragedy all day long.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
September 11th - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 2:27 pm

I remember that day well... I was 6 years old when it happened. Such a tragic day! Blue

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

September 11th - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 11:17 am

Blue I must of been 18 when it happened.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 6:53 am

I saw this video come through on facebook the other day.  It is one that Dave shared back in 2013 and I feel it is worth sharing again.  I do not know the person who shared the video, but I agree with his remarks about it.  
 9/11~NEVER FORGET!

"This is the commercial spot Budweiser produced after 9/11. They only aired it once so as not to benefit financially from it - they just wanted to acknowledge the tragic event. I never saw this commercial until now.... it is quite moving. Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words."

September 11th - Page 2 Rhonda10September 11th - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 7:23 am

Doesn't seem like it's been 15 years. It's a day I will never forget. 911 RIP
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 9:19 am

The changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace just after 9-11. It was the first time a foreign anthem was played at that ceremony.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Blue bawling

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 8:15 pm

Krissy, we'll never forget Gander. loveheart

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 11th   September 11th - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

September 11th
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2