Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

James Garner dies at 86

Go down 
+4
littlehouselover
Shell
Davetucson
Rhonda
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood :  James Garner dies at 86 Purple2

James Garner dies at 86 Empty
PostSubject: James Garner dies at 86    James Garner dies at 86 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 7:15 am

James Garner dies at 86 Garner3

James Garner, the understated, wisecracking everyman actor who enjoyed multi-generational success on both the small and big screen, has died. He was 86. He will be truly missed!  Come August 17th, he would've been married for 58 years to his wife. What a wonderful example they were to the Hollywood scene and the world..... Blue 
Click here---->
 Full Story

James Garner dies at 86 Rhonda10 James Garner dies at 86 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood :  James Garner dies at 86 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: James Garner dies at 86    James Garner dies at 86 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 8:36 am

He was a great guy. One of the few who never took himself too seriously.....I'll never forget him in "The Notebook"........"Look guys, that's my sweetheart in there."

RIP Jim......................................

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood :  James Garner dies at 86 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: James Garner dies at 86    James Garner dies at 86 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 8:47 am

bawling  RIP He was a great actor. Loved him Move Over, Darling, The Rockford Files and 8 Simple Rules. May James Rest In Peace.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: James Garner dies at 86    James Garner dies at 86 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 10:42 am

I loved him! Have an autographed pic from when I joined his fan club years and years ago. His has a great autobiography out, not trashy, but great stories of his childhood and how he got to where he is now. Only a little marriage trouble if you could call it that, they lasted a very long time in an arena many don't.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Garner-Files-A-Memoir/dp/145164261X
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: James Garner dies at 86    James Garner dies at 86 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:20 pm

I don't think I've seen any of his movies, but I remember him on 8 Simple Rules, which I watched all the time when it was still on television. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: James Garner dies at 86    James Garner dies at 86 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 6:37 pm

When I was younger I had a crush on him as Jim Rockford. I still adore him. My girls actually enjoy the Rockford Files. I think I have his autobiography here. I'll have to see.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood :  James Garner dies at 86 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: James Garner dies at 86    James Garner dies at 86 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 8:34 pm

R.I.P. I to remember him 8 simple rues. Don't think i seen him in any movies.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood :  James Garner dies at 86 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: James Garner dies at 86    James Garner dies at 86 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 10:41 pm

This is my favorite quote from The Notebook....my guess is it meant a lot to James too, knowing what his long marriage meant to him.  James always reminded me of my dad, especially in this movie:

“I am no one special – just a common man with common thoughts. I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I’ve succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived: I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough.”

He lived life well, I'd say.  His acting in that movie in particular was impeccable.  He really left a legacy that he can be proud of with that one. May he rest in peace.

(To Dave, as a sidenote...that scene you shared always ripped my heart out....means even more now that my dad is caring for my mom, who also has Alzheimers.  He would say the same thing "Duke" did in that scene).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: James Garner dies at 86    James Garner dies at 86 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 5:01 am

That was a beautiful quote. I'm going to have to watch that movie again, I remember I was surprised how good it was.
I always liked him more than the "glossy" stars, would much rather would have had lunch with him. Although he wasn't "Rockford" a part of him was, he understood the regular guy because he was him for a good part of his life and he never forgot, which is what matters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Garner dies at 86    James Garner dies at 86 Empty

Back to top Go down

James Garner dies at 86
Page 1 of 1