Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE Purple2

SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE Empty
PostSubject: SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE   SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:56 pm

SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE 916fc2d0f31c20d1f8f5036ab54fe708

INGREDIENTS
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup milk warmed
2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 whole apples peeled, cored and sliced
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider
1/2 cup powdered sugar sifted

INSTRUCTIONS
Place flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and yeast in a stand mixer with the dough hook attached. Stir to combine.
In a small bowl add your melted butter into your warm milk. Then, with the mixer on low, add this mixture to the flour mixture until it forms a soft dough ball.

Knead with the mixer for about 4 minutes. Then transfer dough into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm area for 1.1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
Punch dough down then divide into 2 balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball into an approximately 8 x 11-inch rectangle. Cut into 9 strips.

Lightly grease an 8- or 9-inch round pan. Starting at the center of pan, coil apple slices with dough strips into a spiral, pinching ends securely as strips are added.

Repeat the same steps for the other half of the dough. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes. Toward the end of rising time, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.

For the topping, mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Once the bread is removed from the oven, brush each loaf with melted butter and then sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.

While the bread cools, melt butter in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat to low. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Stir in cider. Heat to boiling; remove from heat. Cool to lukewarm, about 30 minutes.

Gradually stir powdered sugar into glaze mixture. If the glaze becomes too stiff, stir in additional cider, 1/2 teaspoon at a time. If the glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar. Drizzle glaze over the bread.
Cut into wedges to serve.

Full Recipe w/Pictures

SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE Rhonda10SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE   SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 4:04 pm

You've been posting some seriously delicious-looking recipes lately, Rhonda.  yes
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE Purple2

PostSubject: Re: SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE   SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Thanks, when I come across them, I figure the best place to put them, is here.....and yes, they do look seriously delicious, don't they?!?!?  eat 

SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE Rhonda10SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE   SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 4:23 pm

I began reading Rhonda's recipes several years ago............ and 2 years and 100lbs later I am still utilizing them!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE   SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 4:27 pm

greenS 

Lisa and I both made Rhonda's Salisbury steak last week.  It was delicious!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE   SPIRAL APPLE BREAD WITH CARAMEL APPLE GLAZE Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1