Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum

Go down 
+8
Lori
AdIngalls
LIWnut
MissOleson
Krissy
bethandmanly
LauraIngallsfan
Rhonda
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Purple2

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 4:59 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum

Happy December 1.  May your month be full of good things, including December 29th's premiere of PBS Television's American Masters documentary on Laura Ingalls Wilder! This production is the result of years of planning and production.  Mark your calendar...🙂 READ HERE

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Liw110

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Rhonda10Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 1:47 pm

🎄"Coffee – Wilder Home Blend"🎄
Description: Wilder Home Blend
Bold flavor with notes of chocolate and caramel. Full-bodied with low acidity and smooth finish.
To Purchase follow the link: ORDER HERE

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 1g217

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Rhonda10Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 4:53 pm

🎄"Please visit us online: SHOP HERE or call 417-924-3236 to place your orders."🎄  

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 1g218

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2020 2:26 pm

🎻"Pa’s Fiddle Sampler Counted Cross Stitch Kit"🎻
Description: Pa’s Fiddle Sampler Counted Cross Stitch Kit
“When father played on his violin in the twilight…love welled up in my heart.” Laura Ingalls Wilder
To purchase follow the link: ORDER HERE

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Liw7610

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 8:08 pm

Rhonda wrote:

Happy December 1.  May your month be full of good things, including December 29th's premiere of PBS Television's American Masters documentary on Laura Ingalls Wilder! This production is the result of years of planning and production.  Mark your calendar...🙂 READ HERE

Bump This documentary is on right now....

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 10:06 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Rhonda wrote:

Bump This documentary is on right now....

If you enjoyed the Laura Ingalls Wilder American Masters series this evening on PBS, you can pre-order a copy from PBS at
PBS

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Liw_we10

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 11:18 pm

February was the birth month of two of the most significant characters in the Little House books: Laura Ingalls and Almanzo Wilder. Almanzo was born February 13, 1857, near Malone, New York. Laura was born February 7, 1867, near Pepin, Wisconsin. When they married they celebrated their birthdays on the nearest weekend to their birthdates. As late as 1940 Laura held a birthday party for Almanzo in the parlor at Rocky Ridge Farm to celebrate his 83rd. There are so many happy stories to hear about the Wilders' happy home. Come visit this season and learn more about them.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Liw3611

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 1:04 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum:

American Masters
Did you know? Laura Ingalls Wilder didn't publish her first book until she was 65.

This video is only available in OPT Passport. You can scroll down halfway and watch a preview and then decide if you want to sign up to watch the full video.
Stream "Laura Ingalls Wilder: Prairie to Page": View Here

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Liw111

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 7:56 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum:

💥 "American Masters: Laura Ingalls Wilder: Prairie to Page DVD"💥
Description: American Masters: Laura Ingalls Wilder: Prairie to Page presents an unvarnished look at the unlikely author whose autobiographical fiction helped shape American ideas of the frontier and self-reliance. A Midwestern farm woman who published her first novel at age 65, Laura Ingalls Wilder transformed her frontier childhood into the best-selling “Little House” series.
The documentary delves into the legacy of the iconic pioneer as well as the way she transformed her early life into enduring legend, a process that involved a little-known collaboration with her daughter Rose. Featuring never-before-published letters, photographs and family artifacts, the film explores the context in which Wilder lived and wrote, as well as the true nature of her personality. Directed and produced by Emmy®-Award winner Mary McDonagh Murphy (Harper Lee: American Masters). This year marks the 85th anniversary of the publication of Little House on the Prairie (1935).
Producer: Atticus Brady, Julie Sacks, Junko Tsunashima, Mary McDonagh Murphy
Executive Producer: Michael Rosenfeld, Michael Kantor
Production Company: Twin Cities PBS; American Masters Pictures; Mary Murphy & Company, LLC
Copyright Year: 2020
Rating: TV-PG
Director: Mary McDonagh Murphy
Writers: Mary McDona
Number of Discs: 1
Length: 83 minutes
To Purchase follow the link: ORDER HERE

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 11:58 am

LAURA INGALLS WILDER HISTORIC HOME & MUSEUM
2021 SEASON OPENS MARCH 1
The Laura Ingalls Wilder Home & Museum will be opening MARCH 1, 2021.  Hours will be Monday thru Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Sunday 12:30 to 5:00 p.m. Adult Ticket - $15.00: Children 6 to 17- $7.00. Children 5 and under free.
GUIDED TOURS begin Monday thru Saturday: Farm House 9:30 a.m. - Rock House 10:00 a.m.  Sundays 1:00 p.m.
MASKS REQUIRED IN MUSEUM, FARMHOUSE, ROCK HOUSE!!
MAIL ORDERS SHIPPED YEAR AROUND:  ORDER HERE

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Img_0218
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Img_0216
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Img_0217
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Img_0219

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 12:31 pm

Winter is on the wane, and it has been an unusually hard one. For many of Laura Ingalls Wilder's readers, it is the season to re-read the Little House book in sequence. Each of them includes stories of the Ingalls-Wilders weathering challenging winters, some with lack of food, fuel, school attendance, and other hardships. This is especially true in THE LONG WINTER, published 81 years ago.  Laura's first draft of the book was written in pencil on 50/50 tablets, as was her custom. Here is the opening page of THE LONG WINTER. It is preserved in the Burton Historical Collection of the Detroit Public Library.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Liw7810

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 10:34 am

More progress on Laura's sleeping couch by Fallon & Wilkinson, LLC.

Preparing the velvet show cover from the fainting couch for the Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum in Mansfield MO for scanning and reproduction. The fabric was carefully removed from the frame, mounted to a flat substrate, and vacuumed with a Nilfisk vacuum for the cleanest scan possible. Stay tuned for a post of the actual scanning.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 16913510

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 9:42 am

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 171002483_10158498856784023_8262943974498425198_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=eiLTUbSXPkAAX8yqvmE&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

I thought this looked like fun! If I lived closer I'd go!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 10:48 am

The Cherry Blossom Festival is held every year in my town!!! Some day I'll get to it!!! They've had many from the LHOTP show host this event...including "Zalmondo". One year, "Thelma Lou" was there!  *sigh* Some day soon... grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 12:33 pm

The show cover from the sleeping couch has now made its way to Billerica, MA where it is being scanned. It will then be digitally edited so that the fabric on the couch will have the same vibrancy that it did when Mrs. Wilder was using it. It wasn't out of the ordinary for Laura to sleep on this couch after staying up late working on her books.
If you would like to donate specifically to this project, it would be greatly appreciated. Donations of any amount can be made here: DONATE HERE

Fallon & Wilkinson, LLC is in Billerica, Massachusetts

Scanning the velvet show cover from the fainting couch of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum in Mansfield, MO for reproduction with a Cruse Synchron camera scanner. The fabric was carefully removed from the frame, mounted to a flat substrate, and vacuumed with a Nilfisk vacuum for the cleanest scan possible. Thank you to John Lorusso at the Big Scan in Billerica, MA for supplying us with this high quality scan.
url=https://servimg.com/view/12056124/455]Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 17358510[/url]
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 17403210
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 17272010

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 1:56 pm

In May 1957 500 visitors toured the home of Laura and Almanzo Wilder, establishing a tradition of Little Book readers visiting the site. At that time, the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home Association was being established to preserve the house. Supporters, many of them Mansfield citizens, pledged $100 each to begin the work. Rose Wilder Lane's generosity was significant in making the project possible. You can help continue the Association's development by becoming a member of the non-profit organization.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 18957510
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Img_0220

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 3:51 pm

A Public Service Announcement from Mansfield, MO where LIW Rocky Ridge Farm is located. Please pray this round doesn't blow up and turn into another 2020.  Yikes

The Board of Directors of the Mansfield Chamber of Commerce and the Wilder Day Committee have announced the cancellation of the 2021 Wilder Day celebration.
This cancellation has come after much deliberation and careful consideration of the growing COVID-19 concern in our area and the tremendous rise of cases throughout Southwest Missouri. We hope that everyone will be understanding of this difficult decision and we look forward to welcoming everyone to the 2022 Wilder Day celebration.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 8:59 pm

Pardon our dust this summer!  The long-awaited Phase II of the capital campaign plan which led to the current museum is now underway.  This included the removal of the 1970 museum and revamping of the 1935 white outbuilding near the Wilder house. Both are major feats.  In the future will possibly be the reconstruction of the final barn known to the  Wilders and recreation of driveways, paths, gardens, and other features. A target date of 1940 appearance of the site was previously adopted. This is an exciting project which will re-create the homesite as the Wilders last knew it.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 23767110
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 23762410
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 23728410

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:19 pm

The Missouri Bicentennial Quilt is traveling through the state during the bicentennial year of 2021. It will be on display in Mansfield at the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home and Museum. The quilt will be open to the public from October 7th – 11th, 2021 in the lobby of the main museum building.  It can be viewed from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Saturday and 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm on Sunday at no charge.  If you cannot make it to see the quilt, the Missouri 2021 team has developed a digital exhibition View Here (Click on tabs at top and chose where you want to go and what you want to see)

We are proud of the Wright Co. Missouri quilt block as it pays homage to Mrs. Wilder.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 24370710
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 24321311

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 6:48 pm

70 years ago the newly-minted Laura Ingalls Wilder Library in Mansfield was in operation, following dedication ceremonies the previous week.  The library became a favorite place for Laura Wilder to visit. The library site, which can be viewed from the street only, adjoins Weaver Inn Bed & Breakfast. Owners Mike and Connie Roberts faithfully restored the facade. The current  Wilder library is located at 120 Business Route 60/Hwy 5--a great place to stop following a tour of Rocky Ridge Farm.
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 24499510
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 24499310
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 24504910

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 1:51 pm

We’re just a day away from Giving Tuesday, and you can help us preserve Laura’s Rocky Ridge Farm for future generations! Donate any amount you wish! Even if you can only give a few dollars, it can go a long way in supporting historic conservation, kids programming, and other operational aspects of maintaining a national historic site. Give today or on Giving Tuesday by visiting our website here: Donate Here

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Asset-10

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Today is Giving Tuesday and you can help us preserve Laura’s Rocky Ridge Farm for future generations! Donate any amount you wish! Even if you can only give a few dollars, it can go a long way in supporting historic conservation, kids programming, and other operational aspects of maintaining a national historic site. Give today by visiting our website here: Donate Here

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Asset-10

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 5:54 pm

To celebrate the 75th anniversary of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s timeless classic, this gorgeous hardcover edition features Garth Williams’s
charming illustrations in vibrant full color. For anyone who has ever read and loved LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE, and for those who have yet to discover Laura’s world, this is a volume to cherish.
The 75th Anniversary edition of a timeless American classic also includes:
Exclusive letters from Laura
Behind-the-scenes features from the Little House on the Prairie Musical
A Little House activity and more!
Follow the link to purchase: Order Here

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Lhotp-10

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 12:50 pm

Christmas At Laura’s – December 11, 2021
Christmas At Laura's, December 11, 5 – 7 p.m. is a FREE event. Come see Rocky Ridge Farmhouse and visit with Santa in the parlor. Bring your cell phone to capture the moment.
You will also be able to tour the Gallery in the Museum Building.
The Rocky Ridge Book Store will be open for all your shopping needs. SEE YOU THERE!

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 24173810Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 24068611

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 2:00 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder’s classic Little House books tell the story of one pioneer girl’s experience growing up on the American prairie.
Throughout all nine books, Ma’s hearty home cooking, like Pa’s merry fiddle, was a constant fixture in the lives of the Ingalls family.
Though money was often scarce, Ma always managed to prepare good home-cooked meals for her family. Using the lessons she learned at Ma’s side, Laura grew up to be a celebrated cook, a generous and welcoming hostess, and a prudent homemaker at Rocky Ridge Farm in Mansfield, Missouri.
Little House fans can share Laura’s original recipes and enjoy her wholesome country cooking. Updated for the modern kitchen, these recipes are enriched with anecdotes about Laura’s life on the farm by noted Wilder historian William Anderson. Leslie Kelly’s handsome full-color photographs of Laura’s beloved farmhouse bring her recipes and stories to life. Pull up a chair, don your apron, and enjoy the old-fashioned warmth of a Little House country kitchen.
The cookbook contains 147 pages of photographs and recipes and 4 pages of Laura’s household hints.  It contains both vintage and
contemporary photographs.
Follow the link to purchase: Purchase Here
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Liwcou10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next