Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The weather

Go down 
+49
Kristina
jessicamarie
Shell
julmer70
littlehouselover
Davetucson
Kamberley
Pepsi
littlehousefan200
AaronM
Honeybee
Julia
MissOleson
Krissy
Joe
alexczarn
Prairie Dweller
Tiffanylm
flatbroke
Robinsgirl
Gin
Alice
EllieJane
edwina
s012adh
Vanesa
Teresa
Misti
Farmer Girl
Amy
Kathleen Marie
LIWnut
Prairie Wind
jes9
HarrisonCrosby4387
emilyanneoftheprairie
carolineingalls
Lori
charles ingalls
Lily
Carol
bethandmanly
ChristinaAL
pamh36
Savannah
Rob
Rhonda
JW
Debbie
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : The weather  - Page 28 Bokmal10

The weather  - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:32 pm

It's supposed to start here on Sunday and possibly go through Thursday. Ugh! Rain
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Today is warm, now it's gonna drop in 50's or 40's this weekend. Showers tomorrow. Then, Showers on Tuesday. Windy on Wednesday. So, it might hit Michigan. Who knows. We have wait & see. What kind of weather is gonna do on the east coast.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : The weather  - Page 28 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 4:45 pm

The weather channel and our local news stations are starting to freak me out. They are telling us to prepare for extended power outages, heavy rain and strong winds. We're supposed to feel the outer bands starting tomorrow, with the worst of it Monday into Tuesday.. No
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : The weather  - Page 28 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:04 pm

A lot of it is scare tactics to get people to spend a lot of money. But I do fear for the coast. Not so much us inlanders. Let's just hope it's not to bad.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
The weather  - Page 28 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : The weather  - Page 28 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:09 pm

You'll be in my prayers, Debbie. I hope things turn out to be less severe than expected!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:55 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
A lot of it is scare tactics to get people to spend a lot of money. But I do fear for the coast. Not so much us inlanders. Let's just hope it's not to bad.

I was driving by a gas station on my way home today and the lines were out onto the street. People are buying gas for their generators and filling up their cars. When I got home I turned on the computer and it all became clear: the news said gas prices might rise because of Sandy.

The funny thing is, we've been through numerous hurricane type events since I was a kid. If this happened 20 - 30 years ago, no one would even give it a second thought. We would just keep on living our lives the normal way. The media whips everyone up into a frenzy now, and it's ridiculous. Yes, we need to be prepared, but let's not go crazy.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:26 pm

I think it's because back then we heard the news at 6 or 7pm, papers were delayed a bit and the Internet wasn't around. Now, they can keep updating and updating and to have you look, they have to hype.
Some stations apologize, they say they try not too, but they do.

We never had 10 gallons of water when I was young (no well though) food for a month, things like that, but we had stores nearby, sometimes could walk and since no one cleaned them out, they usually had things. My Mom always liked gas stoves and as long as I had chips, was happy. : ) No worries as a kid unlike as an adult.

I filled up in CT yesterday at 3.83 but today I saw the same station only had premium left.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:52 pm

That's why, I'm not reading any more updates of Hurricane Sandy. The way, they keep updating it, like every few second. Like the world is gonna end. We can't predict on bad it's gonna be. We just pray, that everyone safe & sound.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : The weather  - Page 28 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:59 pm

The weather  - Page 28 29354_4549189840875_968746679_n

The weather  - Page 28 267640_10151074558227455_850314545_n

The weather  - Page 28 Rhonda10The weather  - Page 28 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : The weather  - Page 28 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:24 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
The funny thing is, we've been through numerous hurricane type events since I was a kid. If this happened 20 - 30 years ago, no one would even give it a second thought. We would just keep on living our lives the normal way. The media whips everyone up into a frenzy now, and it's ridiculous. Yes, we need to be prepared, but let's not go crazy.

Good point, Cheryl.

Stay safe, Debbie & Cheryl! Hope neither of you lose power! pray
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:01 pm

The loss of power is a pain in the neck. When Isabel came through a few years ago we were without power for over a week. I know we have had worse storms but, I can't seem to remember them. Life goes on and some things become a distant memory.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:27 am

My Love & Prayers go out to all of you on the East Coast. Stay safe...and check in with us when you can!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:52 am

The worst hasn't arrived yet. Should be starting around 2 PM or so. It's raining and windy, but not bad other than that right now. We're as prepared as we can be. Have we heard from Debbie at all?
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:33 pm

It's picking up here in Ct..windy and a little rain. Worse is later...prayers for everyone.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:34 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
It's picking up here in Ct..windy and a little rain. Worse is later...prayers for everyone.

I couldn't believe it when I heard they were closing all the state highways in CT. Stay safe.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Hardly anyone was on them today but they want to make sure. most schools, etc. are closed.
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : The weather  - Page 28 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Just within the past few hours has it started to get ugly here. We still have power for the time being. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : The weather  - Page 28 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Glad to hear you all are good. Don't take any risks. The gulf has its moments too, so I know how people go wild at the least bit of news.
We have a closet in our house that is full of hurricane supplies. Just in case....
This is so late in the season for this, but its not offically over til November 1st.
Keep us posted....love to all.

The weather  - Page 28 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Hurricane Sandy   The weather  - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 pm

My thoughts and prayers goes out to everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy. Going to be a nasty storm.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:15 pm

We are in a high wind advisory here in Indiana tonight-tomorrow. It's cold and windy here. cold
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:50 am

I'll pray for the USA's! Here we are having great storms too. A lot of peope is without electricity power and with water entering to their houses... bawling

Vanesa.

The weather  - Page 28 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:57 am

Well, it looks like the worst is over for our area. I lost a tree and the yard is strewn with branches, but overall our local area wasn't hard hit. That said, thousands of people in other towns across MA are without power. It could have been a lot worse.

Hope everyone else is okay.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 3:24 am

Southeast Michigan is without power. I live in Southeast MI. We still have power. It's very windy outside. Were I live, we have Windy Advisory.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 5:49 am

Be safe during the nasty winds.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 5:50 am

Debbie wrote:
The weather channel and our local news stations are starting to freak me out. They are telling us to prepare for extended power outages, heavy rain and strong winds. We're supposed to feel the outer bands starting tomorrow, with the worst of it Monday into Tuesday.. No
Be safe. I hope you don't get damage from the rain and wind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weather    The weather  - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

The weather
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next