Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 7

Go down 
+11
Kathleen Marie
bethandmanly
Teresa
EllieJane
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
Misti
JW
Rob
Amy
Carol
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Happy010

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 2:45 pm

i don't watch American Idol anymore. the hockey games are normally on during then. so i pick hockey

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:10 pm

I just loved David A. tonight, especially the second song. What can I say, I just adore his voice! But I love David C. too! Ugh...so tough this season. I was very impressed with Syesha tonight...I didn't love the second song, but it was pretty good. Not sure how I feel about her bringing up the whole 'civil rights' thing and bawling up there....seemed a bit political and dramatic to me. But I gotta give her props for her Proud Mary---not the best, but still really good and I thought she did great with the singing along with the heavy choreography. That is NOT easy. And Jason, oh Jason. What can I say? No votes from me tonight. I carried him this far...he's on his own now. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:32 pm

Yeah, David A. did a great job tonight. I loved David Cook's second song. Syesha was good, but I don't really feel that she was the BEST female vocalist this season. Ohhhhhhhh, poor Jason. I don't feel sorry for him, however, because it's like he doesn't even care. I don't know what his deal is, but he obviously doesn't put in the hours he should each week, preparing for his performance. David Cook probably spends 100 more hours a week than Jason does, preparing for his performance. I liked Jason's second song much better than the first, but then he forgot the words...................not good. I think that the final two have been pretty obvious for at least the last 8 weeks. If Jason's fan base helps him along, he may stay, and Syesha will go home. I think that Syesha deserves to be in the final 3 though, more than Jason. She has really stepped it up. I still like Brooke better, but at least Syesha is trying out there.

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:47 pm

Poor Jason! He really got blasted. It's a shame he tanked on that first song, 'cause I'm a big Bob Marley fan. He should've picked something upbeat, like One Love, maybe. I Shot the Sheriff ain't really a crowd-pleasing sentiment.

I liked David Enchilada's Stand By Me, but didn't care for his Love Me Tender at all. He strayed so far from the melody that I wouldn't have even recognized it.

David Cook, I liked his Baba O'Riley (sp?). Syesha was good too, but I really think she'll be heading home tomorrow.

Simon's anti-Jason comments ("I think you'd better pack your bags") might actually work in Jason's favor. Sometimes the voters do the opposite of what he says.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:36 am

Jason.... Jason..... Jason.... OhMy
He's been sounding the same to me for a long long time..... out of the 4 remaining, he deserves to go home....

I thought Sayesaha was great and yeah, I cried when she cried :shy: I don't know... I like Sayesha and I think she has a great voice and the 2nd song... what Paula told her about coming a long way and how she was already a star was really sentimental and I could understand how Sayesha had a special sentiment to that song.

David Cook - I think he didn't really want to try in the first song.... being first could sometimes be forgetable and I think David really wanted to stand out on his second one.... it felt kind of planned to me.....

David Archuleta.... I echo Simon's words: He crushed the competition tonight! He did so great!!!! Applause Applause

For me, top 3 should be David A, David C & Sayesha
Top 2 David A & David C
A. Idol: Hard to choose...but I'll lean towards David Archuleta. Either way, those 2 have it made already..... I guess it's really like it doesn't really matter who gets the title of being the next american idol.... they both are very big.

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 8:18 am

Rob wrote:
Simon's anti-Jason comments ("I think you'd better pack your bags") might actually work in Jason's favor. Sometimes the voters do the opposite of what he says.

OH as soon as Simon said that I thought "Don't say that!!" LOL, you'd never know I was the die-hard Jason fan! :unsure: But you know when Ryan said to Simon & Randy "It almost sounds like you're ticked off at him"....Um, YEAH!! :think: Simon was excited about Jason, as was I, but it's upsetting when you see someone throw such a huge opportunity away with these bad song choices. And then messing up with those songs?! I agree with you Rob, "I Shot the Sherrif" is no crowd-pleaser, and you don't choose songs just because you like them. He's been stagnant for far too long. I feel exactly like Teresa does...it seems like he doesn't care enough or spend enough time or something. It's harder for him and David C. that they have to learn their instruments too, but hey, David's pulling it off! Whistle I honestly hope the Jason's fans do not pull him through this time, because Syesha (even though I agree with Teresa that she's not the best female vocalist) totally deserves to be in the top 3 due to her efforts. But yep, with Simon's comment last night, the Jason fans that are even on the fence might be ticked off enough with that statement to vote for him anyway. I, for one, and one jaded fan. :sad5:

About David Enchilada's ( grinsmiley ) second song, I really liked that he changed it up. I still found it to be recognizable, but if he'd sung it closer to the original, they would have all told him it was too 'old fashioned'. No one sings it like Elvis though. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:13 pm

You guys have said it all.....I only got in the last 20 mins. as my 11 year old had his last Elementary play. Blue (He'll be in middle school next year!) But man Jason! He does remember this is a contest right???? NOT GOOD to forget lyrics.
Syeshia....well she is good...but I wasn't cheering. If Jason has any kind of chance Syeshia will have to go next...but I think his ride is up.
The Davids are great! Its very interesting now. I dont usually vote til the last two. I KNOW!, but I just like to wait and see who all is left.
:box:

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 9:09 pm

WOW!!! I'm really kinda shocked---I was beginning to wonder if Jason's fans were going to pull him through regardless of his performances! Must be they're as ticked off with him as I am. Wink Having said that, I'll be waiting on pins and needles for his CD. I know it will be awesome.

My hubby just said he wondered if Jason purposefully did poorly, thinking he'd do well without getting up there in the top 3, and avoiding all the pressure/contracts/hype that goes along with being one of the top 3? Hmmm.... :think:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:26 pm

I pm'd you this a little bit ago, Amy, but I'm wondering if Syesha is thinking, "Should I just bow out now?" It's pretty tough to compete against the 2 Davids. She deserves to be there though, instead of Jason. I'm not sure if Jason did poorly on purpose or not. He had a pretty big fan base. He may have thought that they'd pull through for him. Next week will be good with the 3 songs. (The judge's choice, the contestant's choice, and the producer's choice.) That would be awesome if David Cook sang "Hello" again, and David A. sang "Imagine." Those were the 2 best performances of the season.........for me, that is.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 10:09 am

Teresa wrote:
I pm'd you this a little bit ago, Amy, but I'm wondering if Syesha is thinking, "Should I just bow out now?" It's pretty tough to compete against the 2 Davids. She deserves to be there though, instead of Jason. I'm not sure if Jason did poorly on purpose or not. He had a pretty big fan base. He may have thought that they'd pull through for him. Next week will be good with the 3 songs. (The judge's choice, the contestant's choice, and the producer's choice.) That would be awesome if David Cook sang "Hello" again, and David A. sang "Imagine." Those were the 2 best performances of the season.........for me, that is.

I think America is pretty excited for the 'Battle of the Davids' (LOL, remember the "Battle of the Brians" at the olympics? :haha: ), so yeah, you have to think that there's nothing Syesha can do to keep herself in at this point. Which works for me! grinsmiley

When I posted last night, I had just walked in the door to see Jason's farewell. I missed it when Ryan had said, "You almost look relieved", and Jason said "There's 3 songs next week, I don't know what I'd do!" I think the pressure was just too much for him.

I'm excited for the 3 songs next week too!! And Teresa, we are waaaaaaaaay too much alike---it's scary! OhMy Hello again & Imagine are by far my favorite performances of the season too! I hope the guys choose those. Hmm, what will Syesha choose? I really can't think of a favorite I have of hers...

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 10:27 am

They may not choose songs that they've sung before, but I hope they do. Contestants in the past have. I remember Katherine McPhee singing "Over the Rainbow" a couple of times.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 10:48 am

Maybe we are kindred spirits, Amy. LOL!!!!!!!!!!! (In the world of American Idol.)

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:54 pm

Aw, like Anne & Diana! Love grinsmiley Too bad we can't judge! batEyes I think we couldn't do worse than Paula! Whistle

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 4:32 pm

Sorry Have't Posted here for a while Sorry Amy for Jason Leaving but he was very bad Last few Weeks

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 4:44 pm

Amy wrote:
I think we couldn't do worse than Paula! Whistle

Or Randy! My gosh...does EVERYONE have to sound "pitchy?" mad

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Hummer"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 MistiKeeper"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Bookclub5"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 4:56 pm

I have to say, this season, Randy's remarks have been MUCH better, and more thorough. Paula, however, will always be the "nice" one. Too nice, if you ask me. She's doing a little better though. I guess you need one nice one though. LOL!!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 10:05 pm

LOL Jacob...what a sweetie you are. Thank you for your condolensces. grinsmiley But yep, I'd have to agree with you that it was indeed Jason's turn to leave! I think even he would agree with that! Whistle

I think the judging has been much better this second half of this season. I'm hearing Randy being more thorough too, Teresa, and Paula being a teeeeensy bit more critical. batEyes Maybe they've both been told to 'step it up' a notch too. Or else they've read a lot of negative comments on the internet! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 2:54 pm

Teresa wrote:
... I'm wondering if Syesha is thinking, "Should I just bow out now?"

I know... lol
Next week isn't really necessary.... everyone knows it's going to be the two Davids in the end....
I'm happy she made it to the top 3 though. I still remember her audition and how worried she was because her voice had gone away.... she's come a long way! Thumbsup

Amy wrote:

When I posted last night, I had just walked in the door to see Jason's farewell. I missed it when Ryan had said, "You almost look relieved", and Jason said "There's 3 songs next week, I don't know what I'd do!" I think the pressure was just too much for him.

Yeah.... all in all, I'm glad he will be on the tour. That man is already super famous. Did you guys notice when they showed the footage from their trip to Vegas how this girl just grabbed him and took a pic w/ him? lol

For Amy grinsmiley
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 JC

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 3:04 pm

Yeah, he said that kind of freaked him out. LOL!!

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptySat May 10, 2008 4:02 pm

I found this info. on Yahoo:

David Archuleta's dad loses 'American Idol' backstage pass
Sat May 10

Backstage meddling has caught up "American Idol" favorite David Archuleta's dad, who's been banned from rehearsals, a person working for the TV talent contest said Friday.

Jeff Archuleta was told this week by producers that he can no longer join 17-year-old son as David as he prepares for the show, the person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press. The person wasn't authorized to comment publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The show's action was first reported Friday by the online Web site TMZ.

David Archuleta of Murray, Utah, is one of three contestants left as the top-rated Fox show heads toward the Jan. 20-21 finale. The fresh-faced teenager with the big voice has consistently been deemed a front-runner by the judges and been a consistent fan favorite.

Jeff Archuleta's intense backstage involvement had become a source of concern for the series, the person connected with "American Idol" said — but it was a lyric change on Tuesday's show that pushed producers to act.

Despite a warning, Jeff Archuleta insisted on altering "Stand by Me," one of two songs his son sang on the show Tuesday. By adding a verse from Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls," the father incurred additional costs for "American Idol," the person said.

Fox declined comment. Attempts to reach Jeff Archuleta for comment were unsuccessful. A phone number listed under his name in Murray, Utah, was no longer in service, and Fox did not immediately respond to a request Friday evening for help in contacting the family.

Earlier Friday, David Archuleta was honored at a hometown celebration held at his high school in Murray, during which Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman declared "David Archuleta Day."

The singer and his family declined to be interviewed at the event, but David Archuleta did speak with the Salt Lake City Fox affiliate, KSTU-TV. "Wow," he exclaimed as he viewed the cheerleading squad outside his stretch limousine.

The other finalists left in competition for the "Idol" title and a record contract are David Cook and Syesha Mercado. Cook, a native of suburban Blue Springs, Mo., had his own homecoming celebration Friday in Kansas City, while Mercado was feted Bradenton, Fla.

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Hummer"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 MistiKeeper"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Bookclub5"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptySat May 10, 2008 6:39 pm

What a pathetic excuse for a father................

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptySun May 11, 2008 10:21 pm

Wow, I hadn't heard anything about this, so thanks for sharing that Misti. Man, this guy really needs to get a clue. I mean, the girls already adore David, did he really think he needed to change the lyrics to "All you beautiful girls" and sing that to them to make them like him more? Personally, I didn't like that part----I thought it was really corny and samed so fake. Poor David, he has to be really embarrassed by this.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 3:39 pm

Eek!! I'm getting so pysched for AI tonight! FINAL THREE!!! :woohooo: I know it's kind of a no-brainer it will be the two Davids (at least I HOPE!!), but I'm just excited to hear them SING! Cheer

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Eh.........I could take it or leave it..............................JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited to watch tonight as well!!

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 4:56 pm

I almost forgot about American Idol lol With all the Holidays and the Family Gathring i guess once you're busy you don't think about American Idol all the Time

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

"American Idol" - Season 7
Page 22 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next